Author Topic: Financially Strapped USPS Spending Billions On EVs As It Stonewalls FOIA Requests  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Financially Strapped USPS Spending Billions On EVs As It Stonewalls FOIA Requests
David Williams by David Williams  Mar 21, 2024 in EV News, News And Opinion

The U.S. Postal Service is in dire fiscal straits, having lost more than $100 billion over the past 15 years. That could be hard to guess given the agency’s exorbitant spending habits.

America’s mail carrier is spending nearly $10 billion to purchase 100,000 delivery vehicles, more than half of which will be electric.

While periodic fleet upgrades can be a sensible policy, committing to a majority-electric fleet is a needlessly expensive choice for taxpayers and consumers. [emphasis, links added]

But rather than level with the American people and explain its extravagant spending decisions, the USPS has gone into full CIA mode and insists on redacting basic information about its purchases even after a Freedom of Information Act request from the Taxpayers Protection Alliance Foundation (TPAF).

https://climatechangedispatch.com/financially-strapped-usps-spending-billions-on-evs-as-it-stonewalls-foia-requests/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson