Author Topic: Kate's cancer battle  (Read 1984 times)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Kate's cancer battle
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2024, 08:27:21 pm »
Praying for Kate and her family.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2024, 08:38:22 pm »
That's a tough one @massadvj  to lose a spouse to cancer.  I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes, prayers that her treatment is successful.

Thank you. It will be 9 years on April 5th. The year and a half we spent fighting was the hardest time of my life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2024, 08:51:38 pm »
Thank you. It will be 9 years on April 5th. The year and a half we spent fighting was the hardest time of my life.

I am sure that it was extremely difficult for you and you being her support system and helping was a blessing for her.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2024, 09:01:48 pm »
From Kate's brother:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2024, 09:06:18 pm »
From Kate's brother:

Very touching and she is blessed to have a wonderful support system.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2024, 09:20:15 pm »
Princess of Wales' speech in full

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, personally, for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I have been recovering from surgery.

It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful.

In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous.

The surgery was successful.

However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.

This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.

As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment.

But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.

As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits.

Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.

We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment.

My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.

At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer.

For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13229281/Harry-Meghan-release-statement-Kates-shock-cancer-diagnosis-wish-health-healing.html

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2024, 09:27:21 pm »
Harry and Meghan today said they are wishing the Princess of Wales 'health and healing' after she announced her shock cancer diagnosis.

'We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace,' the couple said in a brief statement to Harper's Bazaar.

It remains unclear if Harry will return to the UK, as he did after King Charles' cancer diagnosis.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13229281/Harry-Meghan-release-statement-Kates-shock-cancer-diagnosis-wish-health-healing.html

Stay in California, grifters.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2024, 09:34:10 pm »
I realize she didn't say what kind of cancer, but since she had abdominal surgery, there's a very good chance that it's ovarian cancer she's battling. I pray they got it early.

Fourteen years ago almost to the week, I was rushed to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. A high fever indicated infection. After 3 days on antibiotics, I had surgery and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (stage 2). I had chemo, endured chemo brain, got to see what I look like bald (kinda cute, actually), and ultimately beat cancer's evil attempt on my life. So, when someone else is in that same battle, it becomes personal to me. @massadvj, I'm so sorry you lost your beloved wife, and @mountaineer, I'm sad that your sister is in the midst of that battle now.

I know some things that I didn't know back then. If I were diagnosed with any kind of cancer today, I'd go full carnivore. Not to tell anyone how to address their health issues. Just saying that it's what I would trust at this point.

Prayers for Kate and Mary Beth for healing. Prayers for @massadvj for comfort.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2024, 09:43:09 pm »
I realize she didn't say what kind of cancer, but since she had abdominal surgery, there's a very good chance that it's ovarian cancer she's battling. I pray they got it early.

Fourteen years ago almost to the week, I was rushed to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. A high fever indicated infection. After 3 days on antibiotics, I had surgery and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (stage 2). I had chemo, endured chemo brain, got to see what I look like bald (kinda cute, actually), and ultimately beat cancer's evil attempt on my life. So, when someone else is in that same battle, it becomes personal to me. @massadvj, I'm so sorry you lost your beloved wife, and @mountaineer, I'm sad that your sister is in the midst of that battle now.

I know some things that I didn't know back then. If I were diagnosed with any kind of cancer today, I'd go full carnivore. Not to tell anyone how to address their health issues. Just saying that it's what I would trust at this point.

God Bless You, @AllThatJazzZ  :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2024, 09:54:37 pm »
Father and wife cancer diagnoses within months, 3 kids 10 and under, and State duties?

Incredible stress and pressure.  Hope he holds on.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2024, 09:57:32 pm »
Father and wife cancer diagnoses within months, 3 kids 10 and under, and State duties?

Incredible stress and pressure.  Hope he holds on.

Indeed. I'm sure Kate's family will be helping as much as they can, but with this kind of stress he also needs to worry about his own health and take care of himself.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2024, 10:18:49 pm »

Bless you. Congratulations on succeeding in your treatment. My wife had stage 3C when it was discovered. There was very little hope she would make it. We met many amazing women during that time, some of whom did make it by the grace of God.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2024, 10:26:35 pm »
My brother's wife is currently battling the same thing...she's in an NIH study group.  Was given a maximum of 5 years since her diagnosis...it's now her 7th year of treatments.   8888crybaby
If she has hit 7 out of an anticipated 5, she is doing well, considering. Chemo and radiation and surgery are a bitch, though. Prayers up for your Sister in Law, for a cure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2024, 10:30:33 pm »

What a noble (in the true sense) statement. God Bless Kate with a full recovery.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:38 pm »
Stay in California, grifters.
My sentiments exactly!    Meghan is doing the math to see how she could be Queen of England AFter her FIL checks out from cancer in 2 years.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2024, 10:49:17 pm »
My sentiments exactly!    Meghan is doing the math to see how she could be Queen of England AFter her FIL checks out from cancer in 2 years.
She can sod off. Her beau abdicated, didn't he?

Wallis Simpson, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2024, 10:57:28 pm »
She can sod off. Her beau abdicated, didn't he?

Wallis Simpson, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

They say Meghan "The brown Royal" shares the same narciss­istic and controll­ing qualities as Wallis Simpson.  So who knows!   LOL
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2024, 11:40:29 pm »
My brother's wife is currently battling the same thing...she's in an NIH study group.  Was given a maximum of 5 years since her diagnosis...it's now her 7th year of treatments.   8888crybaby

@DCPatriot

Somehow I missed this post first time through. I'm sorry about your SIL. Praying that she soon gets a clean bill of health.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2024, 12:04:45 am »
@DCPatriot

Somehow I missed this post first time through. I'm sorry about your SIL. Praying that she soon gets a clean bill of health.

hank you, @AllThatJazzZ
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2024, 02:06:56 am »
Thank you for sharing your story,  @AllThatJazzZ
God bless you.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2024, 03:10:30 am »
I'm so sorry to hear what you went through @AllThatJazzZ  ---- and so happy you won the battle.   :bighug:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2024, 03:12:33 pm »
praying for Kate and her family- including her children
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2024, 03:43:50 pm »
praying for Kate and her family- including her children

I hope you're doing well, @Gefn.