Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for new speaker ahead of spending deal vote  (Read 1993 times)

Online cato potatoe

DO you honestly think that there is time to regain House seats that MAGA supposedly scared away?

I don't know if you saw the post that Brandon will soon be meeting with the U.N. The meeting is to 'discuss' allowing the UN to use global emergency powers; thus, giving them power over the U.S.  That meeting is this September.  Gee, what do you think Brandon is going to do??

I agree with the sentiment, but we do not live under a dictatorship, and most of congress is opposed to our position.  The only way to change policy is for the conservative movement to market ELECTABLE candidates and return to their numeric standing before cheeto poof descended the golden escalator.  Otherwise we're just going to watch Biden and the center-left run the country into the ground. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:00:56 pm by cato potatoe »

Online roamer_1

I agree with the sentiment, but we do not live under a dictatorship, and most of congress is opposed to our position.  The only way to change policy is for the conservative movement to market ELECTABLE conservatives and return to their numeric standing before cheeto poof descended the golden escalator.  Otherwise we're just going to watch Biden and the center-left run the country into the ground.

Almost yes. There is something to be said for being a PIA too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MTG hard-pressed to find support for motion to vacate Johnson
By
Jenny Goldsberry
March 22, 2024 6:42 pm

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) was met with mixed reactions from her own party after she filed a motion to vacate Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA).

The majority of members’ reactions were disapproving of Greene, which was to be expected because she has not named supporters. Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO), who helped oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) last October, is set to retire on Friday and will not be able to participate this time around.

“I completely OPPOSE any motion to vacate,” Rep. Carlos Gimenez (R-FL) wrote on X. “Mike Johnson is a principled man working to deliver results in divided government. Speaker Johnson is in the same situation Kevin McCarthy was in.”

https://twitter.com/RepCarlos/status/1771231277007388815

“I consider Marjorie Taylor Green to be my friend,” Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) said in a video posted to X. “She’s still my friend, but she just made a big mistake trying to vacate Mike Johnson. I totally oppose that. Mike is a very good man. He begins every day from the right place, he’s deeply principled, and he’s like a brother to me.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2934984/mtg-hard-pressed-find-support-vacate-johnson/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Laura Ingraham just said on her show that she expects to see Speaker Jeffries by summer...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34