Author Topic: Coalition sues to block Virginia offshore wind project to protect the Right Whale  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Coalition sues to block Virginia offshore wind project to protect the Right Whale

March 18th, 2024

Lawsuit filed by The Heartland Institute, the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT), and the National Legal and Policy Center

Construction of Dominion Energy’s offshore wind project comes as more and more dead whales are washing up on the Atlantic Coast

The North Atlantic right whale is so critically endangered that federal agency says it can endure not even one human-caused death a year

WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 18, 2024) – A coalition of public interest groups today is filing a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against Biden administration officials and agencies seeking to overturn their approval of a massive wind turbine project off the shore of Virginia. The intent of the litigation is to stop Dominion Energy’s plans to start construction on May 1 in order to protect the North Atlantic right whales.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/03/18/coalition-sues-to-block-virginia-offshore-wind-project-to-protect-the-right-whale/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson