Author Topic: We’re Saved! UK Telegraph: ‘Ants pack a punch of flavor’ to food – ‘Add caramel & nutty flavors to d  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We’re Saved! UK Telegraph: ‘Ants pack a punch of flavor’ to food – ‘Add caramel & nutty flavors to dishes, say scientists’ – ‘Black ants have a sour, ­vinegary taste’

UK Telegraph: Ants are usually unwelcome guests at a picnic, but scientists have now said they could make a delicious addition to the menu after finding they have nutty, lemony and caramel flavours.

Common black ants have a sour, ­vinegary taste, so can be ground and used in place of lemon juice in recipes, ­according to researchers from Cali­fornia.
By Marc Morano
March 19, 2024
10:27 am

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ants-add-caramel-and-nutty-flavours-to-dishes-say-scientists-gdzbpl8v6

By Kaya Burgess , Science Reporter

Ants are usually unwelcome guests at a picnic, but scientists have now said they could make a delicious addition to the menu after finding they have nutty, lemony and caramel flavours.

Common black ants have a sour, ­vinegary taste, so can be ground and used in place of lemon juice in recipes, ­according to researchers from Cali­fornia.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/03/19/were-saved-uk-telegraph-ants-pack-a-punch-of-flavor-to-food-add-caramel-nutty-flavors-to-dishes-say-scientists/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Send 'em some Fire Ants....  I bet they'll think they are really spicy.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Send 'em some Fire Ants....  I bet they'll think they are really spicy.   :cool:
Soon nature may respond...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ants have traditionally been unwelcome at picnics and other gatherings.

After having gone to great lengths to keep them out of my food, I'm not going to surrender.

This comes out of California? Well, we don't crap in the street here, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ants have traditionally been unwelcome at picnics and other gatherings.

After having gone to great lengths to keep them out of my food, I'm not going to surrender.

This comes out of California? Well, we don't crap in the street here, either.

Not sure of your location, but in the south Fire Ants aren't only a nuisance, but an oft painful reminder of some of the negative aspects of outdoor life here.  As a kid, they weren't near as ubquitous as they are now.  After a good rain, and remounding, we often see a mound about every 500-1000 square feet of property.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.