Author Topic: In-depth: Resistance to wind energy in two Wisconsin towns targeted by CCP-backed company  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

filed:  March 20, 2024 • Wisconsin
In-depth: Resistance to wind energy in two Wisconsin towns targeted by CCP-backed company
Credit:  By Matt McGregor. 3/19/2024. theepochtimes.com ~~

A wind company backed by an entity of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has taken the first step to sue two small Wisconsin towns in response to their effort to pass ordinances written to protect residents’ health and safety.

But those local communities are fighting back.

“Our resistance is spreading like a turbine fire,” Martin Machtan, an attorney and executive director of Farmland First, told The Epoch Times.

Farmland First is an organization that aims to facilitate discussion among community members concerned about the reported coercive, predatory tactics used by industrial wind and solar companies to manipulate landowners into signing their property rights away in the name of green energy.

“These large-scale wind and solar projects do not happen without trillions of dollars of U.S. taxpayer funds and foreign capital,” Mr. Machtan said. “The U.S. government, foreign governments, and private equity also cannot build large-scale wind and solar without externalizing enormous health, safety, environmental, and decommissioning costs onto residents, towns, and counties.”

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2024/03/20/in-depth-resistance-to-wind-energy-in-two-wisconsin-towns-targeted-by-ccp-backed-company/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson