Author Topic: Grid Experts Warn: New Change To Biden’s Power Plant Regs Will Make Things Even Worse  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON MAR 19, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS

Grid Experts Warn: New Change To Biden’s Power Plant Regs Will Make Things Even Worse

The Biden administration is reportedly contemplating moving up the timeline for part of its plan to alter the American power system, a move which would likely exacerbate the potential for reliability issues, power grid experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) May 2023 proposal would effectively require existing coal-fired power plants to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 90% using costly and generally unproven carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) technology, or close down by 2040. [emphasis, links added]

Senior administration officials are reportedly considering moving up the retirement deadline for plants that decide against CCS installation by two years, according to Bloomberg News, a decision which could amplify existing concerns that the policy undermines the grid’s reliability, grid experts told the DCNF.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/grid-experts-warn-new-change-to-bidens-power-plant-regs-will-make-things-even-worse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson