Author Topic: Electric lorry maker backed by David Beckham collapses into administration  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric lorry maker backed by David Beckham collapses into administration
MARCH 19, 2024
By Paul Homewood

h/t Philip Bratby

Another one bites the dust:

An electric vehicle (EV) start-up backed by celebrities including David Beckham and Jack Whitehall has put its commercial arm into administration, blaming the Government’s decision to delay a ban on petrol car sales.

Lunaz Group, which retrofits combustion engine vehicles with electric powertrains, on Monday confirmed it was shutting down Lunaz Applied Technologies as part of a wider overhaul.

The troubled division was focused on “upcycling” bin lorries and had secured a deal with refuse collector Biffa to electrify its fleet.

The Silverstone-based company was founded in 2018 by entrepreneur David Lorenz and former Formula 1 technical director Jon Hilton, with the business securing investment from Mr Beckham in 2021.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/03/19/electric-lorry-maker-backed-by-david-beckham-collapses-into-administration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson