Author Topic: UN Report titled ‘The Unjust Climate’ finds misogyny makes climate change worse for women-led househ  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN Report titled ‘The Unjust Climate’ finds misogyny makes climate change worse for women-led households

The new UN report "is yet another finding of the disproportionate harms borne by women as a result of the mutually-reinforcing crises of climate change and misogyny."
By Marc Morano
March 5, 2024
11:05 am

https://newsletter.climatenexus.org/20230305-misogyny-lost-winter-prepa-hearing

Hot News Logo

Discrimination, Climate Change Hurt Women-Led Households, UN Says: Women-led rural households are hurt worse by the impacts of climate change, a new UN report finds. Compared to male-headed households, families headed by women across 24 poor and middle-income countries lost an average of 8% more income due to heat waves and 3% more income due to floods. The report, which highlighted how women are prevented from responding or adapting to climate-fueled crises by discriminatory limits on their rights to control their own lives by limiting land rights and decision making over work, is yet another finding of the disproportionate harms borne by women as a result of the mutually-reinforcing crises of climate change and misogyny. (AP)

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/03/05/un-report-titled-the-unjust-climate-finds-misogyny-makes-climate-change-worse-for-women-led-households/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Discrimination, Climate Change Hurt Women-Led Households

Hint, hint!  This means black women/families and reparations.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson