Author Topic: The costs to New Yorkers of Cuomo’s crazy climate law keep rising  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The costs to New Yorkers of Cuomo’s crazy climate law keep rising
By Social Links forKen Girardin
Published March 13, 2024, 6:43 p.m. ET

State lawmakers voted for major cuts in greenhouse-gas emissions and massive buildouts of wind turbines, solar panels, power lines and batteries by 2030 without knowing how it would work, let alone what it would cost.

The 2019 bill, the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, essentially wrote Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive branch a blank check, allowing every state agency to weigh climate concerns in every major decision and giving regulators the power to effectively eliminate emissions in nearly every corner of the economy.

With New York halfway to that 2030 deadline, the true cost of the program is coming into view — and it’s not pretty.

A state commission two years ago laid out a robust plan for banning gas appliances, heating nearly every home with electricity and mandating other major changes over the next three decades.

It made a surprising claim: This “deep decarbonization” of the economy wouldn’t just cover its own costs; it would produce $115 billion to $130 billion in “net benefit.”

https://nypost.com/2024/03/13/opinion/the-costs-to-new-yorkers-of-cuomos-crazy-climate-law-keep-rising/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:19:09 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The costs to New Yorkers of Cuomo’s crazy climate law keep rising
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:20:48 am »
Beware all of you who live in hallucination farms like those in NY.  These kinds of "hidden" costs are sure to be in any legislation passed. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson