Author Topic: “… Hottest Summer Ever, but Climate Change … Barely Made the News”  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“… Hottest Summer Ever, but Climate Change … Barely Made the News”
56 mins ago Eric Worrall 8 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

“… At an after-work drinks event I attended, a man fainted and collapsed. We gave him water and walked him to his car, through the city. The baking hot streets were utterly deserted. …”

WA had its hottest summer ever, but climate change and heat-related health problems barely made the news

ABC Science / By technology reporter James Purtill

We read that extreme heat kills more people in Australia than all the other natural disasters combined.

This has been WA’s hottest summer on record — and the hot weather isn’t over yet.

At an after-work drinks event I attended, a man fainted and collapsed. We gave him water and walked him to his car, through the city. The baking hot streets were utterly deserted.

As the month progressed, there appeared to be a growing disconnection with the way news outlets were generally covering the ongoing natural disaster.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/18/hottest-summer-ever-but-climate-change-barely-made-the-news/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson