Author Topic: Baseball 2024  (Read 10723 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Baseball 2024
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2024, 01:23:40 pm »
Polo Grounds!  Say Hey!

:yowsa: I stand corrected. Should have known from the pictures.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:24:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2024, 06:52:58 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2024, 01:21:57 am »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2024, 02:22:16 am »
Polo Grounds!  Say Hey!

Dead center - 483 ft.

You had to clear that wall to be awarded a home run.  A ball hit through one of those windows was a ground rule double.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2024, 02:46:02 pm »

“During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball.”
— Mickey Mantle
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2024, 11:56:37 pm »
Ahem...  :judge:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2024, 12:11:29 am »
Ahem...  :judge:

@jmyrlefuller

I sense you're trying to say something, but the graphic is too small for me to make it out. Maybe someone with younger eyes can figure it out.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2024, 12:25:05 am »
@jmyrlefuller

I sense you're trying to say something, but the graphic is too small for me to make it out. Maybe someone with younger eyes can figure it out.
Just noticed some sniping going on... and that was just a "bang the gavel" graphic as a warning to get back in order. (Though it appears that already happened.)

Online libertybele

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2024, 01:18:45 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Just because you started this thread doesn't make you the hall monitor.

How about you Kiss Our Azz?

Hey there @DCPatriot I see you're being your usual kind self.  *****rollingeyes*****  Lighten up.  Life's too short.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2024, 01:23:41 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2024, 01:36:49 am »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2024, 01:42:06 am »
Hmmmm... Why, yes, I do perceive that there's some sniping going on. Never noticed any until tonight.  :shrug: :thud:

Carry on, kids.  :seeya:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2024, 04:25:01 am »
Well I know where one of the lost baseball bats ended up !

Go Auburn Tigers... I think we are last in the SEC so far this season.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:27:53 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2024, 01:18:03 pm »
I heard on the broadcast last night that Marcell Ozuna is on pace for 220 RBIs this year.  I'm pretty sure that's not actually going to happen, but can you imagine?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2024, 01:38:55 pm »
(removed for insubordination)
Never mind, it appears you haven't.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2024, 01:40:33 pm »
How about you Kiss Our bleep?
Check who the cat mod of this board is before you start running your fingers again. Or did you not learn anything from your last suspension?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:41:54 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2024, 03:41:41 pm »
It's so difficult for some folks to stay on topic.
I don't follow baseball much anymore, but Marcell Ozuna's season thus far sounds incredible - including his .344 batting average.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2024, 03:54:25 pm »
I don't follow baseball much anymore, but Marcell Ozuna's season thus far sounds incredible - including his .344 batting average.

I don't follow baseball much anymore either, except when it's either the Tigers or Royals playing - I just happened to look and they are playing today.  It's hard to pick because I am a fan of both teams.  More so I am a fan of the Royals I suppose.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2024, 03:54:53 pm »

Right?  Especially considering that LAST April he was hitting .087.  :thud:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2024, 03:56:15 pm »
I don't follow baseball much anymore either, except when it's either the Tigers or Royals playing - I just happened to look and they are playing today.  It's hard to pick because I am a fan of both teams.  More so I am a fan of the Royals I suppose.

There you go!  It's when your two favorite teams play each other that you find out which team is really your #1 favorite.   :laugh:

Here's hoping for a good game, either way.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2024, 05:25:18 pm »
In a massive feeling of schadenfreude around the game this year from others.   The fact the  'stros are 7-19, with no improvement on the horizon?

To finish .500 Houston will have to play .545  Baseball tihe rest of the season.

The needle on my give a shit meter on the game has pegged to the bottom. Wake me in '25.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2024, 05:48:55 pm »
In a massive feeling of schadenfreude around the game this year from others.   The fact the  'stros are 7-19, with no improvement on the horizon?

To finish .500 Houston will have to play .545  Baseball tihe rest of the season.

The needle on my give a shit meter on the game has pegged to the bottom. Wake me in '25.

Yeah ... I was a Barves [sic] fan in the 2015 -2017 years, too.  Rough, no doubt.  At some point, you have to just go with the flow and take enjoyment out of a good play here or there. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2024, 06:11:33 pm »
I'm from Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said. They will not get to the World Series in my lifetime. Thankfully, I'm old enough to have seen Clemente, Stargell, et al., in person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2024, 06:15:58 pm »
I'm from Pittsburgh. 'Nuff said. They will not get to the World Series in my lifetime. Thankfully, I'm old enough to have seen Clemente, Stargell, et al., in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_hIIfm2OI4

Ah...the memories @mountaineer    :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2024, 08:41:06 pm »

They had some good years with Drabek, Van Slyke, Bonds, Bonilla, and Stan Belinda.  I loved watching Belinda pitch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-