Author Topic: Normalizing eco-terror  (Read 331 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Normalizing eco-terror
« on: March 17, 2024, 11:29:12 am »
Normalizing eco-terror
By
Craig Rucker
|
March 2nd, 2024

A young girl in a hoodie draws a knife, kneels beside an SUV, and slashes two of its tires.  She slaps a paper on the windshield — “Why I sabotaged your property.”

This is the opening scene of a movie you can stream right now on Hulu or rent from Amazon called “How To Blow Up a Pipeline.” It is adapted from a book by the same name.

Here’s the book blurb on Amazon:

In this lyrical manifesto, noted climate scholar (and saboteur of SUV tires and coal mines) Andreas Malm makes an impassioned call for the climate movement to escalate its tactics in the face of ecological collapse. We need, he argues, to force fossil fuel extraction to stop–with our actions, with our bodies, and by defusing and destroying its tools. We need, in short, to start blowing up some oil pipelines.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/03/02/normalizing-eco-terror/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Normalizing eco-terror
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 11:45:30 am »
When the 'protest' was going on over the Dakota Access Pipeline, (the one where the ' Water Protectors' left 720 semi-loads of trash and debris, a half dozen puppies, and a dead human in a blue tarp--that one in the water) there were three incidents of break-ins into enclosures and attempts to tamper with the valves on working pipelines. Pipeline operators discovered the changes in pressure/flow and shut those lines down.

The potential damage (including environmental) from something like blowing up an oil pipeline makes it terrorism, and the death penalty should be considered, imho, for such acts.

As for my tires, If I catch you, it ain't gonna be pretty, and that's all I'm going to say about that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Normalizing eco-terror
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 09:35:27 pm »
The proper solution, to be administered by traditional-minded folks:

... applied with sufficient force to the right areas...