Author Topic: 15 Cities That Are Now So Dangerous You Can't Live There (And They Are Not NYC or LA)  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Liberals explain Pueblo high crime this way " Pueblo is home to a disproportionately large share of residents facing severe financial hardship. The local poverty rate of 17.9% is considerably higher than the comparable 12.3% national rate."

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Liberals explain Pueblo high crime this way " Pueblo is home to a disproportionately large share of residents facing severe financial hardship. The local poverty rate of 17.9% is considerably higher than the comparable 12.3% national rate."

@Wingnut

You left off the part about this being the fault of white folks.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Polly Ticks

Also no Chicago.   :shrug:   Weird.

I wonder what criteria they used.  (I AM allergic to clickbait, so I freely confess I didn't read the article.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete, I thought the same thing, Also surprised NYC is MIA.

@verga

When it comes to NYC,it might be a case of "so obvious it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Lots of my aunts and uncles headed off to NYC when WW-2 began to get those high-paying defense industry jobs,and to avoid the draft. Their children and grandchildren  started moving back home in the early 70's,and not a single one of them even want to go back to visit. The first I was aware of personally was a cousin who came south as a graduation present from high school,and never went back. Called his mother and told her to ship him his tools and clothes,and that she would be welcome to come visit any time she wanted to see him. His aunts and his mother are here now,and AFAIN,all of his cousins. I don't know all of their names,but you can identify them  by their atrocious accents. Unfortunately,some of the younger males brought their NYC accent and mouths with them,and that didn't always work out well for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's BS. Kids growing up in poverty see other kids that have stuff,and they want stuff too,so they are willing to work hard to get it.

The problem is all those aid programs that give them "this and that for free",but it's never quite enough to escape de projecks. The left has a vested interest in keeping them poor,jealous, and pissed off.

Online Hoodat

Now you know why you don't want Birmingham (Alabama) being the last with poll results. You can guess why.

@Sighlass

Even with Birmingham at the top, I would still prefer living there over every other city on that list.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

I'll bet the economic conditions I grew up in the fifties were harsher than many people considered living in poverty today. Lived in a basement house, shared a bed with my older brother in one corner of the furnace room with two sisters sharing a bed in the other corned of a 12x12 room. Sometimes ate sugar sandwiches (which i liked) because we didn't have lunch meat or peanut butter at the time. But I didn't consider myself poor, because I didn't know any rich kids.
That's just the way things were. My father worked very hard and moved us into the middle class in the sixties.
We didn't have the money the Kennedys had. So what? Many people were also in our economic status and moved up. We never considered crime as an option.
Today's so-called poverty-stricken people have a lot more opportunities. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Online Hoodat

Such condescension.  Liberals wrongly presuming that poverty breeds crime.  You want to see a stat that leads to high crime rates?  Children raised by single mothers (which our government subsidizes).

Over 42% of births in Pueblo, CO are to single mothers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Such condescension.  Liberals wrongly presuming that poverty breeds crime.  You want to see a stat that leads to high crime rates?  Children raised by single mothers (which our government subsidizes).

Over 42% of births in Pueblo, CO are to single mothers.

@Hoodat

And the only reason the majority of these children are born is so the mother can get a nicer "partmint",more money each month,and a guaranteed check and free space to live in for at least the next 17  years.

Which doesn't bode well for the future of the the children being born. They are NOT "wanted",they are NEEDED.

Offline goatprairie

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:  Hats off to you buddy!  God bless you!
I'd actually prefer how I grew up in the fifties and sixties to kids today who spend most of their time attached to cell phones and video games.
Where I grew up there were numerous great places to play outside. Bluffs nearby to climb, a driving range that converted into a sled hill in the winter, a playground down the street,  and railroad tracks to walk on one block away.  Our gopher-hole filled ball diamond was close by. We'd often play touch football in the street.
We didn't starve and we didn't go without clothes. So, despite not having much money (rarely had a nickel in my pocket), I'd consider the way I and my siblings (and many friends) grew up over today's youth who have everything but often don't have anything.