Author Topic: New York Post Misses the Boat on Sea Level Rise  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Post Misses the Boat on Sea Level Rise
« on: March 15, 2024, 11:14:05 am »
New York Post Misses the Boat on Sea Level Rise
22 hours ago Anthony Watts 63 Comments

A story published in the New York Post (NYP) on March 3rd 2024 by Carl Campanile has the alarming headline: Sea levels around NYC could surge up to 13 inches in 2030s due to climate change: state study. The story and study cited is false, because it relies on an impossible climate model scenario known as RCP8.5, which has been debunked by actual climate scientists as we reported here and here.

Surprisingly, just a day later on March 4th, 2024 the editorial board of the NYP published this headline: NYS DEC’s ‘sky is falling, seas are rising’ lunacy. Both stories are about the same report, an assessment done by the New York state Department of Environmental Conservations (NYDEC), which claimed that sea levels could rise by more than a foot in some areas around New York City in a decade or less.

With dueling headlines a day apart, it’s hard to really know what the position of the NYP is, but of the two, the latter headline is far more measured and realistic.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/14/new-york-post-misses-the-boat-on-sea-level-rise/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:14:54 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson