General Category > National/Breaking News

Boeing whistleblower found dead in US

(1/4) > >>

mountaineer:
Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
Theo Leggett - Business correspondent, BBC News
March 11, 2024
--- Quote ---A former Boeing employee known for raising concerns about the firm's production standards has been found dead in the US.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company. ...

It said the 62-year-old had died from a "self-inflicted gunshot wound" on 9 March and police were investigating.  ...

In 2019, Mr Barnett told the BBC that under-pressure workers had been deliberately fitting sub-standard parts to aircraft on the production line.

He also said he had uncovered serious problems with oxygen systems, which could mean one in four breathing masks would not work in an emergency.

He said soon after starting work in South Carolina he had become concerned that the push to get new aircraft built meant the assembly process was rushed and safety was compromised, something the company denied. ...
--- End quote ---
Just a coinkydink, I'm sure.

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
So what are the chances that the guy who was blowing the whistle on the company's shoddy, substandard production practices mysteriously bites the bullet in a "self-inflicted" manner right as Boeing faces renewed scrutiny for its DEI policies and alarming rates of failure?
6:12 PM · Mar 11, 2024

mountaineer:
Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
A Boeing whistleblower has been found dead right before he was set to face questioning for a lawsuit against them.

He missed scheduled questioning and was found inside his truck at the hotel parking lot, dead from a gunshot wound.

I have lots of questions… 😳
5:40 PM · Mar 11, 2024

Hoodat:
How much Boeing stock did the Clintons own?

LMAO:
Self-inflicted gunshot wound

Sure…it was self-inflicted. I believe that.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on March 12, 2024, 12:44:55 am ---How much Boeing stock did the Clintons own?

--- End quote ---
GMTA! :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version