Author Topic: Biden Botched Financial Aid Rollout. And It’s Parents and Students Who Are Paying the Price.  (Read 74 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Botched Financial Aid Rollout. And It’s Parents and Students Who Are Paying the Price.
Kevin Roberts / @KevinRobertsTX / Lindsey Burke / @lindseymburke / May 02, 2024
MeWe
Parler

In a normal year, May 1 is known as National College Decision Day, the deadline for students to commit to enrolling at a college, guided in part by their financial aid awards. But the Biden administration’s disastrous rollout of a new financial aid application has left tens of thousands of families in the dark about their students’ future and prompted several universities to push back their enrollment deadlines.

As of April 19, completed FAFSA applications were down nearly 30%. At best, it means many students and parents don’t know how much it will cost to attend college in the fall. Even worse, it may lead frustrated young people to skip college altogether.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is a notoriously cumbersome form that all prospective college students must fill out if they want federal loans or grants.

Previously more than 100 questions long, FAFSA’s current crisis can be traced to 2020, when the FAFSA Simplification Act dropped the number of questions on the form to about 40.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/05/02/biden-botched-financial-aid-rollout-and-its-parents-and-students-who-are-paying-the-price/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson