Author Topic: Hudson Bay polar bears now considered most likely to survive future sea ice loss  (Read 310 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hudson Bay polar bears now considered most likely to survive future sea ice loss
Posted on March 9, 2024 

Over the last 10 years, Hudson Bay polar bears have morphed from being the “most at risk” across the Arctic to the “least at risk.” Who would have thought?

That’s probably because the experts now have to admit that polar bear numbers have not declined since 2004 and bears have been in good body condition since at least 2016. Southern Hudson Bay bears have apparently increased in number since 2016. How ironic is it that the photo above, taken in Hudson Bay — the only Arctic region where trees grow — was used to illustrate a recent Mother Jones article promoting a new prediction of future Arctic summer sea ice loss that’s said to pose a threat to polar bear survival.

Here is a brief retrospective of predictions for survival of Western Hudson Bay polar bears (based on predictions of future sea ice loss), my emphasis throughout:

https://polarbearscience.com/2024/03/09/hudson-bay-polar-bears-now-considered-most-likely-to-survive-future-sea-ice-loss/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
DUH. Once again, (listen up greenies!): Hudson's Bay is a body of water surrounded on three sides by land. Right, three sides by land. The open end is water (to the north), where it is likely to freeze, and commonly does so, especially in (but not limited to) the season known as winter.

The bears have been feasting off the garbage dumps outside Churchill, Manitoba, for as long as I can remember, and have been known to walk into town.

Humans, not entirely off the menu for polar bears, will be extinct before the polar bears disappear (in search of better hunting).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Polars Bears are adapting to their changing environment; scientists are not.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Polars Bears are adapting to their changing environment; scientists are not.
Because the Bears see what is, and find a way to survive.

All too many scientists think they can change what is, and that because of that, reality is irrelevant. Such a viewpoint has a way of leaving severe tooth marks on one's nether regions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.