Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53253 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #575 on: March 25, 2024, 02:26:14 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2024, 02:31:06 pm »
@catfish1957

ROFL!   :beer:  I knew you'd pick up on the Reggie Jackson analogy.  Good stuff, Cat!

I'm not naive enough to not realize that my style and bluntness pisses certain people off to no end.

When you get old and have already played the "back 9"...have your feet up by the fireplace in the clubhouse, you simply don't give a sh*t anymore

Example:

I, as well as any unabashed MAGA voter could have written the wonderful post by @Bigun many pages ago on this thread....the one where he lists all the reasons he will be voting come November... that even our esteemed owner who has all but avoided this thread like a plague, felt compelled to respond with "Excellent Post".  So, too did @Hoodat ...the one that is so confused that he lets certain Trumpers dictate his vote.

@roamer_1  is a lost cause.  An outlier.  He thinks he's being noble with his rigid postures.

Ahhh...I could go on and on.  Point being that if I would have posted Earl's list of reasons the aforementioned would have said "squat" and scrolled on by.

We simply recognize that Donald Trump is the only worthy candidate to take on the Deep State.

The bare naked truth is that the Democrats/Left also recognize it.  Thus, the Soviet-style Lawfare going on right now.

My intent coming back from a 2 month lurking period was primarily to show support for both @sneakypete and @Right_in_Virginia who continue to be magnets for the NT dogpack in this forum...fully supported by Admin and Mods.

Again...I thank them for the opportunity and venue to share my feelings on this matter.

I'll be well over 76 years old when election day rolls around this year and very likely won't live to see another. I sincerely wish the pickings were better, but they aren't, and I've made my choice. The one thing I absolutely refuse to do is not choose.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2024, 02:31:14 pm »
@catfish1957

ROFL!   :beer:  I knew you'd pick up on the Reggie Jackson analogy.  Good stuff, Cat!

:beer:

I think you may have read earlier that I am relcutantly pulling the lever for Trump, and am not happy about it one iota.  OTOH, I don't know if my blood pressure can hold up hearing Biden news four more years. I don't consider it a truly and traditonal binary call, but at least I think with Trump, the our demise can be slowed, and hopefully by 2028, a conservative with broad appeal will emerge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2024, 02:31:52 pm »
And exactly what are you @roamer_1

IMO, it's a case of "tomato" ... "Tomahto".

Only difference is that I'm an unabashed MAGA Patriot and you're a whiney little [Fill-in-the-blank]

No, the difference is that I am defending a position with principles and reason, whereas you (none of y'all) have not made a single reasoned statement in the whole damn thread, preferring invective and the service of a vacuous accolyte - Hence shit-stirrer.

Cmon. ONE reasoned point. You can do it. Try to defend your oaf of a candidate.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2024, 02:36:44 pm »
I'll be well over 76 years old when election day rolls around this year and very likely won't live to see another. I sincerely wish the pickings were better, but they aren't, and I've made my choice. The one thing I absolutely refuse to do is not choose.

:beer:  My FRiend!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2024, 02:38:44 pm »
hopefully by 2028, [...] a conservative with broad appeal will emerge.

Never gonna happen if we are satisfied to vote for the exact opposite.'You get more of what you vote for.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2024, 02:41:08 pm »

I think you may have read earlier that I am relcutantly pulling the lever for Trump, and am not happy about it one iota.  OTOH, I don't know if my blood pressure can hold up hearing Biden news four more years. I don't consider it a truly and traditonal binary call, but at least I think with Trump, the our demise can be slowed, and hopefully by 2028, a conservative with broad appeal will emerge.

Yes, I saw that and totally agree, @catfish1957   888high58888

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2024, 02:46:06 pm »
The only one who tried to incinerate 81 million votes is your boy Donald.  By the time he’s finished busting out the GOP there will be no point in running a candidate.  However, as long as he is alive, it will have to be somebody in his circle of car salesmen and strip-club-waitresses-turned-politicians.  Possibly Don Jr.

@cato potatoe

BOO!

De Trump boogie man isa gonna getcha,boy!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #584 on: March 25, 2024, 02:48:34 pm »
Just as an initial thught, RDS. Cruz, Cotton, Hawley, Rand Paul.  And there are a few others.

@catfish1957

LOL!

I  have no doubt any of them could get DOZENS of votes. Maybe not RDS or Rand Paul,though.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2024, 02:49:03 pm »
Just as an initial thught, RDS. Cruz, Cotton, Hawley, Rand Paul.  And there are a few others.

You might want to crawl out from under that bridge from time to time since you can't think of any conservatives.

You might want to lower your snark @catfish1957 .  Asking who "conservatives" actually like is a fair question.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:51:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #586 on: March 25, 2024, 02:54:28 pm »
No conceit...just FACT:

Thread began on March 9th...took 13 days to reach 139 posts.

428 additional posts in 3 days since I jumped into the tread on March 21st. after a 2 month absence.

Agree with it or not...Who's the straw that stirs the drink around here?

Thanks for playing.   wink777

We’ll call you Reggie, lol.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2024, 02:56:59 pm »
You might want to lower your snark @catfish1957 .  Asking who "conservatives" actually like is a fair question since you all only bash Trump and his record ----

Trump deserves bashing.  Most of his policies turned to mud. He ran up the deficit. He attacks conservatives. Right now he's funneling funds from the RNC to help pay for his legal bills.  What about those down ballot?  Without a majority in either House, even if he does manage to be seated again (which he won't) he'll run into the same roadblocks as he did before.  Heck, even with a full majority he basically did nothing.  Certainly no draining of the swamp, he didn't build the wall and he didn't lock her up.

Today is going to prove interesting as he is in court for two cases, one of which he has to come up with an astronomical amount of bond money. 

Don't get me wrong, I honestly hope he prevails. 

I just don't see him as the great saver of America that you think he is. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #588 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:11 pm »

I think you may have read earlier that I am relcutantly pulling the lever for Trump, and am not happy about it one iota.

Other than Reagan,I honestly have a hard time remembering the last time I was happy about my voting choices.

Then  again,a President doesn't serve to make voters happy. They serve,or are SUPPOSED to serve,to protect the  US Constitution,and by extension,America as a free and independent nation of free people.

OTOH, I don't know if my blood pressure can hold up hearing Biden news four more years. I don't consider it a truly and traditonal binary call, but at least I think with Trump, the our demise can be slowed, and hopefully by 2028, a conservative with broad appeal will emerge.

@catfish1957

And THAT is where "the rubber meets the road"!

It is not our "best play",it is our ONLY play. We stop the march to globalism in America now,or we stop America as being anything other than a colony of "Globalism,Incorporated."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #589 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:49 pm »

We’ll call you Reggie, lol.

LOL!   :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #590 on: March 25, 2024, 02:59:16 pm »
Never gonna happen if we are satisfied to vote for the exact opposite.'You get more of what you vote for.

@roamer_1

Well,since you won't be voting  for anything,nothing  is what you will get.

And truthfully,I think it is all you want. I honestly think if your dream would come true you would be happy to take us all back to the 1800's because that  is the imaginary world you  live in.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #591 on: March 25, 2024, 03:08:27 pm »
@roamer_1

Well,since you won't be voting  for anything,nothing  is what you will get.

Oh I'll be voting @sneakypete - Just not for your guy. Gianforte (Governor) has my vote. Rosendale (congressman) would have had my vote. Dunno about Sheehy yet.

Certainly *NOT* voting for Testercle (whacko-liberal)
And certainly NOT voting for Tumpy.

And truthfully,I think it is all you want. I honestly think if your dream would come true you would be happy to take us all back to the 1800's because that  is the imaginary world you  live in.

Yeah right. Tell me that next time you need help fixing your computer.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #594 on: March 25, 2024, 03:18:25 pm »
@catfish1957

LOL!

I  have no doubt any of them could get DOZENS of votes. Maybe not RDS or Rand Paul,though.

@sneakypete

The question was "Who is popular with conservatives", not electability.  That's twice in the past 12 hours you've misconstrued my comments.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #595 on: March 25, 2024, 03:19:35 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi-qWHR_wEg

Ever heard kids sing this sh__  an hour at a time?  Thanks!!  /s

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #596 on: March 25, 2024, 03:29:36 pm »
I believe it's called debating.  happy77

I could have gone along with that about 12-15 pages ago. Now it's taken on the characteristics of a soap opera; you can tune in at any point and be caught up to date because you've seen it over and over and over and over again. Click on any page and you won't read anything new. Just snark, accusations, name-calling, one-upsmanship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5UqUyFmT0

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #597 on: March 25, 2024, 03:30:56 pm »
Ever heard kids sing this sh__  an hour at a time?  Thanks!!  /s

Mercifully, no.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #598 on: March 25, 2024, 03:32:49 pm »
I could have gone along with that about 12-15 pages ago. Now it's taken on the characteristics of a soap opera; you can tune in at any point and be caught up to date because you've seen it over and over and over and over again. Click on any page and you won't read anything new. Just snark, accusations, name-calling, one-upsmanship...

Why care? Go find another thread if you don't like it.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #599 on: March 25, 2024, 03:35:29 pm »
Why care? Go find another thread if you don't like it.

I'm bored. I'm hungry for some intellectual stimulation.