Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53300 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2024, 02:11:38 am »

@LMAO

Yet,we either root for and play with the team we have,or to just go home and suck our thumbs and let everybody else decide who  is going to win.

I choose neither.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2024, 02:16:17 am »
Yet,we either root for and play with the team we have, or .  .  .

Or we get a new team.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2024, 02:29:38 am »
Policy arguments, while valid, ignore the real threat of another Trump term.  He is a lunatic, and there will be nobody in his cabinet or the republican caucus to resist his destructive impulses.  The GOP would be a permanent subsidiary of the Trump family, having no use for conservative ideals, and existing only to provide jobs for his slope-headed children.  That is, until its cult leader does something truly abominable, leading to a generation of progressive government.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:30:27 am by cato potatoe »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2024, 02:34:47 am »
Policy arguments, while valid, ignore the real threat of another Trump term.  He is a lunatic, and there will be nobody in his cabinet or the republican caucus to resist his destructive impulses.  The GOP would be a permanent subsidiary of the Trump family, having no use for conservative ideals, and existing only to provide jobs for his slope-headed children.  That is, until its cult leader does something truly abominable, leading to a generation of progressive government.

Nicely stated. And certainly a worthy thought - It could happen just like that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #554 on: March 25, 2024, 02:49:25 am »
Or we get a new team.

That's right... Believe it or not, wandering in the wilderness doesn't scare me at all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2024, 02:53:25 am »

@cato potatoe

WTH are you talking about?

Trump can only serve ONE term,and then he is out of office.

This just gives us 4 years to come up with  someone to replace him.

Granted that  is not  much time,but all we have now is  a few more months before the next election. IF Biden or his replacement  wins,chances are that will be our last actual election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2024, 03:00:54 am »
@catfish1957

A blatant lie!

If you believe that,you believe that I am not a patriot,not to mention many others who post on this board as well as the lurkers.

Read the entire sentence.....  I said he is as much as one.   Your really got a tough time with reading comprehension....get help
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2024, 03:10:23 am »
I have downloading a bunch of music off Youtube (rare 80s junk nobody be me cares for).... and dang if Youtube is papering the wall with anti-Trump stuff no matter what search terms you use. Trump can't pay, will they start taking his property, countdown to Trump deadline, stocks tank... obscure liberal channels suddenly getting highlighted in recommendations...

Good grief, the constant bad publicity Trump got us.... I just wish he went away and let us put up a real conservative without all the baggage he gives the press.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:26:07 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online corbe

« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2024, 03:59:25 am »
   Good luck with that.  Trump was making up his own Press 50 years ago, calling into NY DJ's claiming to be someone else.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #559 on: March 25, 2024, 05:29:29 am »
No, @sneakypete , I am standing directly on principle, which I have given reason to, all the way along.

There is plenty of room for compromise once the basic unmovable principles of Conservatives are met.

@roamer_1

ROFLAMO! So,you say you are willing to compromise as long as everyone agrees with  you?

Gee,watta deal!

You can't see it,but what you are demanding is fascism. Nobody gets what they want but you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #560 on: March 25, 2024, 05:31:18 am »
@sneakypete

It’s painfully obvious that you have no grasp of economics

@LMAO

It is also painfully  obvious you have no grasp of reality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2024, 05:42:08 am »
So in conclusion, this is what we’ve established

It has been proven that on social issues, Donald Trump tends to lean left of center.

No,it hasn't. What has been proven is that Trump knows he has to compromise on some things to get his way on others. That is the way democracies work.

On illegal immigration, although better than Biden, deported fewer illegal immigrants in his first four years then Obama did in his first four years despite he making bold claims of deportation in his 2016 campaign

Do you think we elect Presidents,or dictators?

Only dictators have the power you seem to think that Trump had.

On Covid, he was closer to the Democrats than many Republicans, both on a gubernatorial level and congressional level.

I  don't know,but  I am guessing that was a compromise he had to make in order to get something  else done.

When an employer seeks to hire an  employee, he interviews that employee. He checks out that employees work record and background

We should do no less  for somebody running to lead the country, especially in these times

"We,who?

You?

WTH makes you think that YOU are qualified to determine who should run for President and who shouldn't?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2024, 05:45:20 am »
I have downloading a bunch of music off Youtube (rare 80s junk nobody be me cares for).... and dang if Youtube is papering the wall with anti-Trump stuff no matter what search terms you use. Trump can't pay, will they start taking his property, countdown to Trump deadline, stocks tank... obscure liberal channels suddenly getting highlighted in recommendations...

Good grief, the constant bad publicity Trump got us.... I just wish he went away and let us put up a real conservative without all the baggage he gives the press.

@Sighlass

Have you  lost your freaking mind?????

You may not even be mentally competent to be allowed to vote if you are serious about what you wrote.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #563 on: March 25, 2024, 05:54:16 am »
That's right... Believe it or not, wandering in the wilderness doesn't scare me at all.

ROFL!   That's because you've been doing that everyday in your own front yard
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2024, 07:51:36 am »
ROFLAMO! So,you say you are willing to compromise as long as everyone agrees with  you?

Gee,watta deal!

You can't see it,but what you are demanding is fascism. Nobody gets what they want but you.

Not at all @sneakypete - It has nothing to do with me.
That was the agreement.
That should be honored.
Or there is no agreement - Which is fine btw...
But also then, no obligation.

You guys broke that. Not me.

And that ain't me getting everything. No where near it.
That's the bare minimum.
After that comes compromise. And there's plenty of room for that.

And also - Check the definition of 'fascist'. Because it looks more like your guy. Bearing in mind that he - HE - took control of industry in order to shut it off during covid. THAT was fascist.

Fascism is impossible with libertarianism honored.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 07:54:55 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #565 on: March 25, 2024, 07:56:47 am »
ROFL!   That's because you've been doing that everyday in your own front yard

That's right. So telling me I'm all alone don't matter to me at all.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #566 on: March 25, 2024, 08:44:45 am »
WTH are you talking about?

Trump can only serve ONE term,and then he is out of office.

This just gives us 4 years to come up with  someone to replace him.

Granted that  is not  much time,but all we have now is  a few more months before the next election. IF Biden or his replacement  wins,chances are that will be our last actual election.

The only one who tried to incinerate 81 million votes is your boy Donald.  By the time he’s finished busting out the GOP there will be no point in running a candidate.  However, as long as he is alive, it will have to be somebody in his circle of car salesmen and strip-club-waitresses-turned-politicians.  Possibly Don Jr.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #567 on: March 25, 2024, 11:47:02 am »
Who *is* popular with "conservatives"?

Just as an initial thught, RDS. Cruz, Cotton, Hawley, Rand Paul.  And there are a few others.

You might want to crawl out from under that bridge from time to time since you can't think of any conservatives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2024, 01:30:21 pm »
No conceit...just FACT:

Thread began on March 9th...took 13 days to reach 139 posts.

428 additional posts in 3 days since I jumped into the tread on March 21st. after a 2 month absence.

Agree with it or not...Who's the straw that stirs the drink around here?

Thanks for playing.   wink777

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2024, 01:38:03 pm »
Just as an initial thught, RDS. Cruz, Cotton, Hawley, Rand Paul.  And there are a few others.

You might want to crawl out from under that bridge from time to time since you can't think of any conservatives.

Any one of the above would have got my vote... except Cruz, whose orange stain had tainted him. I would probably vote for him too, with a fair bit of talking I could be convinced.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #570 on: March 25, 2024, 01:38:12 pm »
No conceit...just FACT:

428 additional posts in 3 days since I jumped into the tread on March 21st. after a 2 month absence.

lol

:beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #571 on: March 25, 2024, 01:44:04 pm »
No conceit...just FACT:

Reggie Jackson was an AH.  Hmmmmmm....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2024, 02:07:13 pm »

And you think people didn't catch on that you're a shit-stirrer? Puleeze.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2024, 02:22:32 pm »
Reggie Jackson was an AH.  Hmmmmmm....

@catfish1957

ROFL!   :beer:  I knew you'd pick up on the Reggie Jackson analogy.  Good stuff, Cat!

I'm not naive enough to not realize that my style and bluntness pisses certain people off to no end.

When you get old and have already played the "back 9"...have your feet up by the fireplace in the clubhouse, you simply don't give a sh*t anymore

Example:

I, as well as any unabashed MAGA voter could have written the wonderful post by @Bigun many pages ago on this thread....the one where he lists all the reasons he will be voting come November... that even our esteemed owner who has all but avoided this thread like a plague, felt compelled to respond with "Excellent Post".  So, too did @Hoodat ...the one that is so confused that he lets certain Trumpers dictate his vote.

@roamer_1  is a lost cause.  An outlier.  He thinks he's being noble with his rigid postures.

Ahhh...I could go on and on.  Point being that if I or RIV could have posted Earl's list of reasons the aforementioned would have said "squat" and scrolled on by.

We simply recognize that Donald Trump is the only worthy candidate to take on the Deep State.

The bare naked truth is that the Democrats/Left also recognize it.  Thus, the Soviet-style Lawfare going on right now.

My intent coming back from a 2 month lurking period was primarily to show support for both @sneakypete and @Right_in_Virginia who continue to be magnets for the NT dogpack in this forum...fully supported by Admin and Mods.

Again...I thank them for the opportunity and venue to share my feelings on this matter.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:28:38 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #574 on: March 25, 2024, 02:25:02 pm »
And you think people didn't catch on that you're a shit-stirrer? Puleeze.

And exactly what are you @roamer_1

IMO, it's a case of "tomato" ... "Tomahto".

Only difference is that I'm an unabashed MAGA Patriot and you're a whiney little [Fill-in-the-blank]