Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53792 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #525 on: March 25, 2024, 01:41:48 am »
@roamer_1

Of course you do!

Everybody knows that Patrick Henry was a self-centered surrender monkey who would just go hide at home and sulk if he didn't get everything he wanted,right?

Of course not... But all you are showing is an ignorance of history.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #526 on: March 25, 2024, 01:42:03 am »
@LMAO

Yeah,and refusing to vote for the  most conservative candidate running and allowing a globalist take over of America is going to balance the budget,huh?

Good thinking!

This makes no sense
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #527 on: March 25, 2024, 01:42:13 am »
That must be why you are willing to allow Biden to get re-elected,right?

Uh, no.  I supported the candidate who opposed Biden's policies.  Yet you support a candidate that shares them.  Biden is giving Trump a good run when it comes to deficit spending.  It's a very close race.  Biden could possibly pull it off and beat Trump's debt number.  But it isn't for certain.  Trump still holds the record at a mind-blowing $8 trillion.  Even Obama is envious of that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #528 on: March 25, 2024, 01:43:16 am »
This makes no sense

Might as well be arguing with a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #529 on: March 25, 2024, 01:43:47 am »
And yet, unless someone has a big, bright "C" emblazoned on his or her lapel, you're unable to recognize a conservative.

To the contrary... Big rhinestone 'C's seem to have replaced rhinestone 'R's.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #530 on: March 25, 2024, 01:44:37 am »
@LMAO

Yeah,and refusing to vote for the  most conservative candidate running and allowing a globalist take over of America is going to balance the budget,huh?

Good thinking!

Oh, I'll definitely be voting for the most Conservative candidate running.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #531 on: March 25, 2024, 01:46:41 am »
@Hoodat

No,you're not. You oppose liberal polities by voting for the least liberal candidate,not running home and hiding in the bathroom and holding your breath until you turn  blue if you don't get everything you want.

Got news for you bubba,NOBODY gets everything they want in a democracy.

What YOU and your cohorts seem to want is a police state on the right that doesn't charge YOU taxes,yet still seems to have the money to build roads,provide electricity,police,fire departments,an effective military,etc,etc,etc,and all it for FREE!

Liberal to the left, Liberal to the right. Conservatism under the bus. No sense in supporting any of that.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #532 on: March 25, 2024, 01:48:21 am »
So in conclusion, this is what we’ve established

It has been proven that on social issues, Donald Trump tends to lean left of center.

On illegal immigration, although better than Biden, deported fewer illegal immigrants in his first four years then Obama did in his first four years despite he making bold claims of deportation in his 2016 campaign

Plenty has been said about his monetary and fiscal policy

On Covid, he was closer to the Democrats than many Republicans, both on a gubernatorial level and congressional level.

When an employer seeks to hire an  employee, he interviews that employee. He checks out that employees work record and background

We should do no less  for somebody running to lead the country, especially in these times
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 01:56:36 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #533 on: March 25, 2024, 01:48:34 am »
Apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce is now being served in the Lounge.  :whistle:

Did somebody say "Pie??"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #534 on: March 25, 2024, 01:50:44 am »
Apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce is now being served in the Lounge.  :whistle:

Looks good

Did you bake that?

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #535 on: March 25, 2024, 01:51:54 am »
This makes no sense

@LMAO

No kidding!

Open your freaking mind to reality!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #536 on: March 25, 2024, 01:52:32 am »
What part of '$8 TRILLION IN DEBT IN NEW ONLY FOUR YEARS' do you not understand?

And how about what that $8 trillion bought you?  A Democrat President, and a Democrat House!  And two years later, a Democrat Senate!

Look at all the money Joe Biden has in his war chest.  Look at how much money each of these Democrats will have to spend in November.  All of that came from this 'deficit spending' which you insist we should allow in the name of compromise.  You are all a bunch of fools for saying it.

Meanwhile, that $8 trillion is now $8.8 trillion, as we now spend $220 billion a year just to cover the interest on Trump's four years in office.  To hell with every one of you liberal bastards advocating more of that, all because we have to compromise.  No eff'n way!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #537 on: March 25, 2024, 01:53:11 am »
Uh, no.  I supported the candidate who opposed Biden's policies.  Yet you support a candidate that shares them.  Biden is giving Trump a good run when it comes to deficit spending.  It's a very close race.  Biden could possibly pull it off and beat Trump's debt number.  But it isn't for certain.  Trump still holds the record at a mind-blowing $8 trillion.  Even Obama is envious of that.

@Hoodat

Guess what,Homer.

America is about more than the next budget.

It ain't all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #538 on: March 25, 2024, 01:53:33 am »
22 pages with the same arguments over and over again...Many threads on the forum that may peak your interest besides this one.. :shrug:

btw there is no one is this room named *Bubba*
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #539 on: March 25, 2024, 01:55:29 am »
Oh, I'll definitely be voting for the most Conservative candidate running.

@Hoodat

Good to know,even if it is somebody that can't win.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #540 on: March 25, 2024, 01:56:34 am »
Liberal to the left, Liberal to the right. Conservatism under the bus. No sense in supporting any of that.

@roamer_1

MUCH mo betta to just go home and hide,huh?

Then,after the election,you can  emerge and tell everyone how THEY were wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2024, 01:58:50 am »
So in conclusion, this is what we’ve established

It has been proven that on social issues, Donald Trump tends to lean left of center.

On illegal immigration, although better than Biden, deported fewer illegal immigrants in his first four years then Obama did in his first four years despite he making bold claims of deportation in his 2016 campaign

Plenty has been said about his monetary and fiscal policy

On Covid, he was closer to the Democrats than many Republicans, both on a gubernatorial level and congressional level.

When an employer seeks to hire an  employee, he interviews that employee. He checks out that employees work record and background

We should do no less  for somebody running to lead the country, especially in these times

@LMAO

Yet,we either root for and play with the team we have,or to just go home and suck our thumbs and let everybody else decide who  is going to win.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2024, 02:00:20 am »

@LMAO

Yet,we either root for and play with the team we have,or to just go home and suck our thumbs and let everybody else decide who  is going to win.

I’ll tell you what

You do in this election what you feel is right. And the rest of us will do what we feel is right. 

And every time you ping me I’m drawn back here.

But as was said up thread, the same points are being made over and over again and now things are getting boring

Plus, I hear there’s pie somewhere
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:03:57 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2024, 02:01:39 am »
@Hoodat

Guess what,Homer.

It ain't all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Tell that to the Department of Defense.  This year, we will spend more money on servicing the debt than we will spend on Defense.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #544 on: March 25, 2024, 02:02:04 am »
I have over and over,but you are just too self-centered and selfish to understand it.

THE "Number One Rule" of politics is "You have to win or you can't do ANYTHING".

Define 'winning'. What does it profit a man to win the whole world but lose his soul?

This means voting for the most conservative candidate,not going home and huddling in your shack if you don't get to vote for  perfection.

No it doesn't. Not when there is no conservatism to be found. Not when there is no Conservative reason to engage.

I will go so far as to vote for a candidate that would do Conservatism no harm.... But that is not Tumpy. He does MASSIVE DAMAGE.

As a wise man  once noted,"The search for perfection is the enemy of the search  for good".

Not looking for perfection, so a poor argument.
Let's start from 'Not liberal'...

Guess what,bubba? You are those who agree with you are helping destroy America by  sitting at home and letting the DNC steal another election.

Nope. At most I am preventing mandate, which is awesome. But that is not the aim. The aim is to turn the Republicans to the Right. The agreement with Conservatives is that the Right (in the form of Republicans) would fight for the combined unmovable principles of the Conservative wing of the party - That is what formed agreement and coalition. That is what gives Republicans the ability to win.

The way the RINOs do it, is to split Conservatives, hoping to keep just enough of them to get over the line. So the rah-rah bullshit starts, and the promises from the stump, which mean nothing.]]

And now, Tumpy is moving LEFT - He doesn't need Conservatives. He wants to take Democrats.
So let him. I ain't represented any way anyway.

So the fight is for Conservative principles. If that ain't there - And it ain't there - then there is no obligation to adhere to Republicans and vote for their candidate. That is what I am doing.

If they want to win next time, they better give the Conservatives something to fight *FOR*

Otherwise, I have better things to do... Like point and jeer.

AND......,when this happens,I do NOT want to see or hear one single minute of your whining about anything they say or do.

Tough shit for you. I'll still be here, and I will continue to speak my mind.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2024, 02:03:33 am »
Plus, I hear there’s pie somewhere

Deeeee-lish!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2024, 02:03:49 am »
22 pages with the same arguments over and over again...Many threads on the forum that may peak your interest besides this one.. :shrug:

btw there is no one is this room named *Bubba*

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2024, 02:07:49 am »
@roamer_1

Nonsense.   We're here telling you now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2024, 02:08:54 am »
@Hoodat

Guess what,Homer.

No, really, it's not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2024, 02:10:54 am »
@roamer_1

WTF are you talking about? I don't want what your selling. End of story.

Again WTF? Dude, I am telling you you're wrong right now.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:15:00 am by roamer_1 »