Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53892 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2024, 04:33:08 am »
My observations 111 votes in now....

1. I set this poll up to include Guests.  I seriously doubt that any conservatves are going to choose options 4,5,6...  That eliminates 15% of the baseline. (16)

2. Another 10%+ apparently might be staying home. (12)

3. Of the remaining 83 core participants,
  *(12) 19% are voting enthusiastically for DJT.
  *(13) 20% are voting for DJT as a lesser of evils
  *(50) 61% will skip voting for DJT and vote down ballot

My take is that Donald Trump has lost the support of many strong Conservatives.  BUT...  that does not necessarily mean he loses in November.  As we approach November, I am guessing option 3 may shrink a bit.  That is when the cold slap of a Biden reelection reality coming to fruition outweighs the significant negatives Conservatives see in him.  A huge stat to watch for election day will be the GOTV stats around those significantly right of center.  GOTV for Conservatives are historically at a tad aboove 70%.  If we are in the vicintity of say 60% to low 60's% election night, this might create some problems for DJT.

OTOH, With the problematic issue of Conservatives comes the fact that much of this may be balanced because  DJT has significantly improved his numbers with the other demographics that hurt him in the past....  Blacks, Hispanics, Labor, Moderates. If you believe  national polls, Biden has hemorrhaged  support in these groups.   Trump is  literally having to thread the needle of demographic crossover versus a strangely disgruntled tradional base. 

If he can control his mouth, somehow counter the constant MSM propaganda, properly and manage the positive PR of the Warfare backlash issue.......I think he goes into the fall as a prohibitive favorite to win.  Especially if we see RFK, Jr approaching near 10% of the vote.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:23:51 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2024, 04:46:49 am »
@sneakypete

So happy to see you have joined the current conversation again.

@DCPatriot

Thank you,but I have just about ran out of patience. You can NOT reason with  closed minds,so why even bother to try?

Especially when most of them don't even seem to HAVE minds that can focus on anything but "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Noticed that you were an island for the past two months....virtually the only one taking on the crazy NTs.

As @AllThatJazzZ recently suggested to @libertybele ... don't take the bait and return to the circular firing squad.

It's tired and it's boring as hell.

Nobody is going to persuade @roamer_1 that he's living in a fantasy today.  "Pragmatism" is a foreign language and concept to him.

The vast majority of Briefers who agree with you and me have been cowed into silence in their quest to avoid confrontations.

I don't think anyone is cowed into anything. I think they are,like me,getting tired of butting their heads against brick walls. It doesn't hurt the bricks,and it damn sure doesn't do YOU any good. Keep doing it and you will become as backassward stoopid as they are.

It nauseates me.  Ownership won't even acknowledge it in the name of "Free expression". 

It nauseates me also,but "Ownership" IS doing the right  thing. You either have a board where it is safe and accepted for members to post their opinions,or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

Granted,this is a lot like dancing on the head of a needle. I can't even begin to imagine how  frustrated she must be by now.

The NT's are their pets now, because without THEM...this place is a funeral parlor.

I disagree. I don't think  ANYONE is "managements pets". This is just the crap you have to deal with in  order to have free speech. Yes,there IS a limit and I think we all know what those limits are (talking about building bombs,killing people,etc,etc,etc) and most of us try to stick to them.

But if you want an answer/solution to that problem other than banning anyone that doesn't agree with  the majority,I can't help you because I don't have a clue and honestly have no interest in posting to or reading the posts in a "closed room where no opinions are allowed other than those of the "in crowd of zombies".

I will probably  be dropping out for the most part shortly,due to having other issues to deal with that are more important,NOT because I have been banned or because I have given up. I just have more important things to focus on in "real life".

Even PM'd me when they suspended @Right_in_Virginia begging me to contact her to return because the place became an anti-Trump echo chamber.  I did it gladly because...you don't treat a cornerstone of the forum like that just because of her political alignments.

How many times do they expect good people to "Turn the other cheek"?  Being called "liars"..."Paid consultants to sabotage the DeSantis campaign".

I am GUESSING the majority of those loons are really leftists trying to disrupt a conservative board. The ONLY way to defeat them is to ignore them. That is something that is VERY hard for me to do,but I'm going to give it my best shot. After all,how can you reason with anyone whose goal is to be unreasonable?

Even still we have a couple of the NT goobers blaming Pres. Trump for the current inflationary spending...derailing the thread so that it becomes "Orange Man Bad" again.

They will never admit it,even to themselves,but all that is based on jealousy. Trump is not only rich,which THEY will never be,but he even had the GALL to inherit wealth!

The SCOUNDREL!

HOW DARE HE DO SUCH A THING WHILE THEY HAVE TO SCRAMBLE TO LIVE!

WHO THE HELL DOES HE THING HE IS,A FREE CITIZEN?

THEY are the core here now.  They're Anarchists.

Sadly,I agree,but I have other things to concern myself with that are more important than a public message board,and I suspect that is true of others,also.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2024, 04:58:24 am »
@sneakypete

It wasn't TBR that ZOTTED me. It was TOS.

My apologies to TBR.

As for TOS,anybody with a mind has been zotted from there.

And while I've got your attention -- and maybe I'm the only one -- when you put your responses inside the quote you're responding to, it gets very confusing for me. At times I have a hard time differentiating between the original quote and your response. Any chance you'd entertain the thought of putting your response below the quoted text?

I will if I can  remember. I have chemo brain (and the anti-trumpers are ALREADY composing posts on  that's  why I am so stupid) and some days it's hard to remember things like that.

BUT.....,truthfully,I think the "inside is helpful for emphasis.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #428 on: March 24, 2024, 04:59:30 am »
ROFL!

I'm pragmatic enough to know you ain't going to change anything without winning elections.

Yet not pragmatic enough to know that Republicans who back liberal policies lose elections.

I'm pragmatic to understand that this coming Election is a binary choice between MAGA philosophy and outright American Communism.

Yet not pragmatic enough to know that it could have instead been a choice between anti-Communism and outright American Communism.

If you're too stupid to accept that, then STFU and let the adults converse.

I'm not the one here feigning ignorance about deficits, lockdowns, woke coddling, and other liberal bullshit your man supports.  But when it comes to adults conversing, that pretty much ended after your first post.  Things weren't going your way, so you did what you always do - try to get the thread locked, this time directly insulting the admin/mods.  And you call that 'adult'?  Yeah, right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #429 on: March 24, 2024, 05:05:50 am »

1. I set this poll up to include Guests.  I seriously doubt that any conservatves are going to choose options 3,4,5...  That eliminates 15% of the baseline. (16)

My take is that Donald Trump has lost the support of many strong Conservatives.  BUT...  that does not necessarily mean he loses in November.  As we approach November, I am guessing option 3 may shrink a bit.  That is when the cold slap of a Biden reelection reality coming to fruition outweighs the significant negatives Conservatives see in him.  A huge stat to watch for election day will be the GOTV stats around those significantly right of center.  GOTV for Conservatives are historically at a tad aboove 70%.  If we are in the vicintity of say 60% to low 60's% election night, this might create some problems for DJT.

OTOH, With the problematic issue of Conservatives comes the fact that much of this may be balanced because  DJT has significantly improved his numbers with the other demographics that hurt him in the past....  Blacks, Hispanics, Labor, Moderates. If you believe  national polls, Biden has hemorrhaged  support in these groups.   He's literally having to thread the needle of demographic crossover versus a strangely disgruntled tradional base. 

If he can control his mouth, somehow counter the constant MSM propaganda, properly and manage the positive PR of the Warfare backlash issue.......I think he goes into the fall as a prohibitive favorite to win.  Especially if we see RFK, Jr approaching near 10% of the vote.

As we approach November, I am guessing option 3 may shrink a bit.  That is when the cold slap of a Biden reelection reality coming to fruition outweighs the significant negatives Conservatives see in him.

I STILL don't think Biden is going to be the Dim candidate. IMNSHO,he is going to step down at the last minute due to "health  issues",and the Dims are going to spring a new Dim candidate on us that is semi-rational,even if he,OR SHE. is a Dim.

Or can get away with APPEARING to be rational for that short period of time. After the election it won't matter because if he/she wins he/she will be no more than the "public face"/spokes critter for the DNC establishment Billionaires.

The left is "THIS FREAKING CLOSE" to taking over total Soviet-era control of America that they can barely catch their breath for the excitement,and they just ain't going to risk a Biden melt-down during a re-election campaign.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2024, 05:10:05 am »
My apologies to TBR.

As for TOS,anybody with a mind has been zotted from there.

And while I've got your attention -- and maybe I'm the only one -- when you put your responses inside the quote you're responding to, it gets very confusing for me. At times I have a hard time differentiating between the original quote and your response. Any chance you'd entertain the thought of putting your response below the quoted text?

I will if I can  remember. I have chemo brain (and the anti-trumpers are ALREADY composing posts on  that's  why I am so stupid) and some days it's hard to remember things like that.

BUT.....,truthfully,I think the "inside is helpful for emphasis.

@sneakypete

And it's entirely possible that my chemo brain confuses me when all the text is inside the quote box.  :silly:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2024, 05:10:26 am »
My take is that Donald Trump has lost the support of many strong Conservatives.  BUT...  that does not necessarily mean he loses in November.  As we approach November, I am guessing option 3 may shrink a bit.  That is when the cold slap of a Biden reelection reality coming to fruition outweighs the significant negatives Conservatives see in him.  A huge stat to watch for election day will be the GOTV stats around those significantly right of center.  GOTV for Conservatives are historically at a tad above 70%.  If we are in the vicintity of say 60% to low 60's% election night, this might create some problems for DJT.

@catfish1957

I think that it is definitely possible for Trump to win.  But it sucks that we are even in this position.  A Conservative like Noem or DeSantis would be blowing it out of the water in a head-to-head against Biden.  The problem with Trump is that he brings out the Democrat vote everywhere.  So instead of us having a red wave where we could pick up a substantial majority in Congress, we are once again faced with the struggle of losing Senate and House seats like we did in 2020.

Take Trump out of the race, and this election becomes a cake walk.  And we also end up with a President who understands the number one issue we face today.

It wouldn't take much to make himself more palpable to the electorate.  There is a lot he does that I love.  Unfortunately, Trump brings a naivete to politics that does him a huge disservice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2024, 05:12:44 am »
@catfish1957

I think that it is definitely possible for Trump to win.  But it sucks that we are even in this position. A Conservative like Noem or DeSantis would be blowing it out of the water in a head-to-head against Biden.   

@Hoodat

ROFLMAO!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2024, 05:16:41 am »

I STILL don't think Biden is going to be the Dim candidate. IMNSHO,he is going to step down at the last minute due to "health  issues",and the Dims are going to spring a new Dim candidate on us that is semi-rational,even if he,OR SHE. is a Dim.

I was in full agreement 3 months ago.  But, the only candidate (IMO) that would be able to pull this off logistically was Michelle Obama.  She has gone strongly on record that she will not be a candidate under any circumstance.  Can we 100% beleive her?  Of course not.  But I seriously doubt she gets drafted

But if we do take her at her word, when you look at the democratic bench strength, you are looking at light weights like Newsome , Whitmer,   and Kamala Harris.  With this massive left turn from the democratic party, they have painted themselves into a corner of creating a ledger  of un-electable POTUS bullpen
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:19:55 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2024, 05:19:55 am »
Lol, I am just mad that DC didn't include me in the "lost" column. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2024, 05:22:46 am »
Lol, I am just mad that DC didn't include me in the "lost" column.

I was missing on that list too.  haven't figured that one out.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2024, 05:30:27 am »
@Hoodat

ROFLMAO!

When it comes to Covid policy, deficit spending, expanding government, deporting illegals, and stopping election fraud, where is there any contrast between Biden and Trump?  At least with a DeSantis, you would have a clear choice when it came to stopping wokeness or reigning in government.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2024, 05:33:51 am »
I'm pragmatic to understand that this coming Election is a binary choice between MAGA philosophy and outright American Communism.

If you're too stupid to accept that, then STFU and let the adults converse.

Nope. I get that. What I would argue is that it is a distinction without a difference.
All y'all are too content to be with nothing in your hand when it's done....
I am not satisfied with that. That is not winning any damn thing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2024, 05:34:12 am »
I was in full agreement 3 months ago.  But, the only candidate (IMO) that would be able to pull this off logistically was Michelle Obama.  She has gone strongly on record that she will not be a candidate under any circumstance.  Can we 100% beleive her?  Of course not.  But I seriously doubt she gets drafted

But if we do take her at her word, when you look at the democratic bench strength, you are looking at light weights like Newsome , Whitmer,   and Kamala Harris.  With this massive left turn from the democratic party, they have painted themselves into a corner of creating a ledger  of un-electable POTUS bullpen

@catfish1957

Yeah,but how can they expect to elect a babbling fool,and there is no way in HELL that Slow Joe can live through a campaign. He is just too old and too feeble.

BUT.......,time will tell.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2024, 05:38:49 am »

Well, obviously there's cheating going on. [/s] <--Did I really need that?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2024, 05:40:02 am »
@Hoodat

ROFLMAO!
Let me put it this way, because I get what is being said.

Would you vote against DeSantis or Noem if they were the candidates (say, if something happened to Trump and he was unable to run)?

(I figure you'd vote for the Republican over Biden, and DeSantis and Noem aren't perfect, but not so bad either.)

Now add in all the TDS' pubbies, who would vote for the GOP ticket top to bottom if that was the choice, and I'd expect the Democrats would have to bring their fake ballots in by boxcar loads instead of mere truckloads to beat that.

So, yeah, if that was the choice, it would be enough to make the Dems get hernias trying to stuff the ballot boxes to beat it.

I'm not saying this to diss Trump, but that's the way the math works for me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #441 on: March 24, 2024, 05:41:10 am »
@catfish1957

Yeah,but how can they expect to elect a babbling fool,and there is no way in HELL that Slow Joe can live through a campaign. He is just too old and too feeble.

BUT.......,time will tell.

Pulled (questionable) it off in 2020.

How he does it?  Do his basement strategy 75% of the time and rely on surrogates.  The other 25% of the time, dope him up like the SOTU address.  That'll give the MSM enough carefully placed sound bites to carry him over the finish line.  Then have the MSM jackals continue their 24/7 assault on Trump

Don't worry Pete....  This all has been thought through in great detail.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:42:15 am by catfish1957 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #442 on: March 24, 2024, 05:50:14 am »
Pulled (questionable) it off in 2020.

How he does it?  Do his basement strategy 75% of the time and rely on surrogates.  The other 25% of the time, dope him up like the SOTU address.  That'll give the MSM enough carefully placed sound bites to carry him over the finish line.  Then have the MSM jackals continue their 24/7 assault on Trump

Don't worry Pete....  This all has been thought through in great detail.

That and make sure the guy he's facing pisses everybody off nearly as much as he does.
What a race to the bottom of the barrel.
What an embarrassment.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #443 on: March 24, 2024, 05:53:06 am »
Let me put it this way, because I get what is being said.

Would you vote against DeSantis or Noem if they were the candidates (say, if something happened to Trump and he was unable to run)?

@Smokin Joe

I honestly don't know. DeSantis  is a posing POS that has NO moral core whatsoever. He will say or do ANYTHING  to promote DeSantis.

And I actually know nothing  about Noem. I don't see how he could be a bigger scum  bag than DeSantis,so I probably would vote for him if there were no other  choice.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #444 on: March 24, 2024, 06:20:42 am »

"And I actually know nothing  about Noem. I don't see how he could be a bigger scum  bag than DeSantis,so I probably would vote for him if there were no other  choice."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remind me to buy you a pair of glasses....    :silly:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2024, 09:29:23 am »

1. I set this poll up to include Guests.  I seriously doubt that any conservatves are going to choose options 4,5,6...  That eliminates 15% of the baseline. (16)

My take is that Donald Trump has lost the support of many strong Conservatives.
  BUT...  that does not necessarily mean he loses in November.  As we approach November, I am guessing option 3 may shrink a bit.  That is when the cold slap of a Biden reelection reality coming to fruition outweighs the significant negatives Conservatives see in him.  A huge stat to watch for election day will be the GOTV stats around those significantly right of center.  GOTV for Conservatives are historically at a tad aboove 70%.  If we are in the vicintity of say 60% to low 60's% election night, this might create some problems for DJT.

OTOH, With the problematic issue of Conservatives comes the fact that much of this may be balanced because  DJT has significantly improved his numbers with the other demographics that hurt him in the past....  Blacks, Hispanics, Labor, Moderates. If you believe  national polls, Biden has hemorrhaged  support in these groups.   Trump is  literally having to thread the needle of demographic crossover versus a strangely disgruntled tradional base. 

@catfish1957

Your take on this poll on this board. Remember that this board was largely made up of people who were shown the door at another site because they weren't in the Trump camp. Any poll here would tend to be skewed as a result. You could actually say that Trump did better than expected in this TBR poll.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2024, 10:40:39 am »
@catfish1957

Your take on this poll on this board. Remember that this board was largely made up of people who were shown the door at another site because they weren't in the Trump camp. Any poll here would tend to be skewed as a result. You could actually say that Trump did better than expected in this TBR poll.

Word...except for clarity if I may, @AllThatJazzZ

This board was a proud haven for Reaganite Republicans who realized and agreed with his dogma that you should never expect to get everything you want and/or need. "Compromise".  He said that if you got even 75% of what you sought, consider it a victory.

It morphed from The GOP Briefing Room to simply the Briefing Room to accomodate certain cligues.

Certainly, culture and society have changed/evolved since he graced the Oval Office.

Heck...it's done a suicidal Thelma and Louise since Rush Limbaugh's passing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2024, 10:52:51 am »
I honestly don't know. DeSantis  is a posing POS that has NO moral core whatsoever. He will say or do ANYTHING  to promote DeSantis.

And I actually know nothing  about Noem. I don't see how he could be a bigger scum  bag than DeSantis,so I probably would vote for him if there were no other  choice.

See, here's the problem. One term isn't going to fix America,not even with both houses of Congress fully on board. Way too much FUBAR at all levels of the Federal Government, in all agencies, and about half of that would have to go. Not just individuals who are effective agents of America's destruction, but whole agencies, likely some we haven't heard of, and their ties to all the unconstitutional shit going down that is really hurting the county right now.

Social security and a number of ongoing problems are for all political purposes handy smokescreens to get folks worked up to mask all the really nasty crap going on behind layers of government, and it's the stuff behind the curtain that needs to go.

That said, it will take far more than one term of Trump.

So, whaddya got?
Infighting and bullshit is not a plan for the future, but it's spray painted all over the GOP like graffiti on railroad cars. One term, maybe, where nothing but nothing gets rolled back, and the Democrats are in the starting blocks for another power grab--and that's our power, as citizens, far beyond what we ever consented to give, regardless of our laws, in spite of the Constitution.

If the Republicans, or for that matter, any anti-totalitarian political movement is EVER going to stop the slide into the totalitarian abyss, it better have a bleep plan.

I'm not seeing it because the GOP never seems to look past keeping their hooks in Congress for fun and profit, and not past the next election. That includes candidates. That includes egregiously not attacking and demeaning the people who should be getting ready to take on the mantle and lead forward. It includes suites of legislation repealing what needs to go. Not there. Not happening, just another day at the circus when someone opened the monkey cages.

Why down on DeSantis? He sure looks like he's been a good Governor for Florida, not perfect, but better than most governors of any State, and it's an executive position. He hasn't been able to do that with Florida alone, and has managed to have a legislature behind him. He's not as polished in the political arena as some, but I don't see being what I consider to be a smooth liar like Clinton or Obama as being an asset. I'm willing to overlook a little political awkwardness for a guy who can get the job done. As for Noem, as Governor of South Dakota, SHE refused to stop the Sturgis Rally over COVID, and for a huge motorcycle rally (hundreds of thousands in attendance for Bike Week),  held outside for the most part, there were only 250 cases of COVID even the liars at the CDC could attribute to possible transmission of COVID at the rally. Some "superspreader". But a big part of the economy of the Black Hills and even elsewhere for vendors, and SHE had the balls to stand up to the bullshit. That should be worth some points.

But here is my point. There had best better be someone capable, someone who can herd all the flaccid bastards in Congress down the chute and get the right legislation passed (repealing a lot of what got tucked into omnibus spending and other Bills) and turn this insane stampede into communism around and clean up the mess, or we won't have to worry about many more elections.

We'll be imprisoned, sent to the Gulag, or shot, because we aren't far away from that now (J6!), and the tools are increasingly in place. The propaganda network is a few federal mouse clicks away from being complete, and as soon as the gathered opinions of possible dissenters are enough, movements tracked, recorded, and the no knock warrants issued for having a gun or an opinion or both, then the Social media can go dark, completely controlled, as it was almost controlled during COVID.

Control information, you can control banking (in process), control vote counts, control who says anything, or what they seemed to have said, with careful editing, like the latest "bloodbath".  Control the courts and use them to summarily strip assets, and control every peep the media say about them, monitor who meets with who in person with facial recognition software and camera networks that would have made Big Brother have nocturnal emissions, monitor and control who travels and where, and it is only the primitive systems which will have a chance to be survivable, and only if you avoid the net. Your phone is all that a bad actor needs to locate and track you, and in some cases, track everything about you from your work, expressed opinions, banking, purchases, who you hang out with or communicate with and YOU provide the equipment and pay for the service!

We're not even ready to fight with speeches on paper, much less go hot if the situation goes to hell, so we had all better find the right people to put in government to stop this shit.

That means looking to 2028 2032 2036 and beyond.  So, instead of shooting down De Santis (like he did with Cruz) Trump could have been helping groom the successor in the forefront of the GOP, cleaning up the country clubbers and neo-cons, and really setting America back on the tracks, with a plan to take it in the Right direction. Needless blue-on-blue crap even before DeSantis declared, like done with Cruz, vile and sophomoric attacks, while the man is running a State in the crosshairs and doing a pretty good job, really is off putting, and it pisses me off that I don't even get a vote in any of this because all the primary stuff was done before my state really got a shot. Not only was that unnecessary, but it damages the prospects for the future, at best a mere four years away. And if something (GOD FORBID!)were to happen to Trump, then what? He's been busy along with his supporters, chasing off the other candidates with torches and pitchforks or burning them at the rhetorical stake.

Frankly, that sh*t has to stop, or there won't be anything left to save, and no one to save it with.

I thought we were supposed to be the ones who were forward looking, but realize now it is our opponents who have been planning this stuff since Tailgunner Joe was picking off Communists, and they have not lost sight of their goals-and sadly, have been achieving them despite their differences, while the GOP has been a succession of circular firing squads and internal feuds incapable of even agreeing on common goals and moving the ball downfield. That didn't happen during Trump's term, either, which is why he governed by E.O.

Screw it, I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when the adults take over in DC. I have a feeling Rip Van Winkle only got a catnap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2024, 11:05:57 am »
Word...except for clarity if I may, @AllThatJazzZ

This board was a proud haven for Reaganite Republicans who realized and agreed with his dogma that you should never expect to get everything you want and/or need. "Compromise".  He said that if you got even 75% of what you sought, consider it a victory.

It morphed from The GOP Briefing Room to simply the Briefing Room to accomodate certain cligues.

Certainly, culture and society have changed/evolved since he graced the Oval Office.

Heck...it's done a suicidal Thelma and Louise since Rush Limbaugh's passing.

Thanks for that history, @DCPatriot. I appreciate it. I have read so many posts from Briefers who were kicked off TOS or left on their own accord because it was just a matter of time. I assumed this site was a refuge for them (us).

BTW, cliques are still present. It's been hard to wiggle my way into the flow of TBR. Still working on it. We'll see how it works out.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 11:08:09 am by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #449 on: March 24, 2024, 11:44:11 am »
Pretend I’m the typical ninth grader

What does any of that mean? It seems like the MAGA crowd here only wants to hear the positive of Donald Trump’s record and his proposals, and become very defensive when his record and  proposals are critiqued

Donald Trump signed on to spending bills that added $8 trillion to the debt. That’s not a personal attack. That is a fact back by data. Now he wants even more if he’s elected. That is a fact. We are reaping the “rewards” of that mindset

Donald Trump fought congressional Republicans who wanted to reduce the amount of Covid spending and sided with Democrats. That is backed by data and fact.  And I know some don’t like to hear it, but printing trillions of dollars laid the groundwork for inflation. The reason why it stayed low during that time in 2020 is because the economy was shut down. Trump, like Sanders and AOC, are believers of the modern monetary theory. But it never works in real life.

Donald Trump appointed people like Christopher Wray and General Miley. That is factual

Donald Trump said that if he’s reelected president that he would pressure the federal reserve or appoint somebody to the federal reserve that would reduce interest rates. In an inflationary economy, that would greatly harm savers. That is backed up by his own words.

He implemented tariffs the first time as president that caused harm to the economy. Now he wants even more. That will cause further harm to American consumers who are already struggling to pay for things. That is a fact.

While running for president, Donald Trump said that we would never default because we could just print all the money you need to pay creditors. That is backed up with his own words.

Pretty much every “attack” on Donald Trump I have seen here has been based on his record and his proposal he’s making now. Some just don’t like that. Too bad… So sad. 

Now let’s look at the social issues. It isn’t clear with Donald Trump’s position is on abortion. Claiming he’s gonna make a deal at both sides would like is not a position. It’s a dodge

If one looks up thread, there was an article someone posted of where he is alluding to the fact that he’s gonna fight for “gay rights.” What does that even mean?

He sided with Disney over conservatives. He sided with Bud Light just because he got some campaign cash. He flipped his position on TikTok because… Donations. What other things is he going to change his position on if the price is right? It is a fair question.

He is far better on the border than Biden. I will give him that. But he deported less people than Barack Obama.

Now it’s your turn. @sneakypete

I’ve outlined my issues I have with Donald Trump, and none of them are false. Put here, his proposals and parts of his record that you think are going to save the country without mentioning Biden or vague phrases like “he’ll take on the left”

Ping me with your reply as I am sincerely interested

@sneakypete

No reply?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy