Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53841 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2024, 04:27:03 pm »
I'm 78 years old. Look around. Time to face up to the TRUTH. The proof is all around us.
The Republic is 'dead'. Tree of Liberty has been petrified.

Even too late to "Lock n' Load".  Technology has made it impossible.

"Woodstock" my ass!! We Baby Boomers have allowed this to happen. We're responsible for all of this.{spit}

The 'boomer' boomerang is coming right back at us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2024, 04:30:09 pm »
That was also Ron Paul's philosophy -- build from the bottom up.  Conservatism won't expand from the top down.

@libertybele

Problem I see is that it's like planting your corn crop in October...complete failure and waste.

There's no time left for growing things.  Only way to succeed is thru the point of a gun and like I stated earlier upthread...technology forbids its success. 

Groups like the ones meeting at John Adams' Tavern would have to leave their cell phones at home with the batteries displaced.  Even doing that is no guarantee today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2024, 04:31:58 pm »
@LMAO

Ahh, but "swing" back to what?

Not my intention here to drag Donald Trump into the conversation...my point simply being that if not for the successful nominations and confirmations of Kavanaugh, Barrett and Gorsuch, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution would have overturned today.

IMO, it wasn't DJT...he was merely the 'vessel'. It was a Republican POTUS supported by the Mitch McConnel team.

If Hillary Clinton won in 2016, things would certainly be different. Ruth Bader Ginsburg would have retired, etc..

It's my contention that Baby Boomers needing a 2 income-family...keeping up with the "Joneses"...unshackling (too strong a word, perhaps) women from the home and kitchen...ahhh...  on and on.

It's over now.  Good luck.  Health-wise, fully expect I won't even be alive by the '24 Election this November.  Thank you, Jesus.

Like 'John Coffey" in The Green Mile... "I'm tired boss!  I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world"

That news saddens me @DCPatriot

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2024, 04:33:23 pm »
@libertybele

Problem I see is that it's like planting your corn crop in October...complete failure and waste.

There's no time left for growing things.  Only way to succeed is thru the point of a gun and like I stated earlier upthread...technology forbids its success. 

Groups like the ones meeting at John Adams' Tavern would have to leave their cell phones at home with the batteries displaced.  Even doing that is no guarantee today.

Divine intervention and a miracle is what's needed and I'm not so sure that we deserve God's mercy.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2024, 04:37:05 pm »

No, it does not. If that were true, there would be no crime. 

Or simply use a burner, not tied to you. It's done all the time. technology is a collar, surely... But it is one you put on yourself.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2024, 05:00:18 pm »
That was also Ron Paul's philosophy -- build from the bottom up.  Conservatism won't expand from the top down.

There's no time left for growing things.

Maybe you should have started a couple of elections ago instead of clinging onto a New York liberal as your lord and saviour.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2024, 05:13:11 pm »
Well, @DCPatriot most of it was already done before any of us "baby boomers" were born but that does not negate the fact that WE could have stopped it had we been astute enough to figure out what was going on.

Best I can determine is the conservatives/traditionalists in the Boomer generation understood what was going on, but failed in their strategy to fight it.

The other side changed hearts and minds and then brought them into the voting booth, conservative Boomers skipped this step.  The other side overwhelmed ---- simultaneously transforming every social institution giving the majority of voters at least one reason to vote for them.  For decades, conservative Boomers were transfixed on two issues:  abortion and social spending; becoming the didactic voice of takeaways in the process.

Hearts and minds matter.  Until conservative Boomers embrace this and use it to make their case, they remain an obstacle to that proverbial pendulum swinging.  On this, and IMHO, much can be learned from Donald Trump.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2024, 05:18:26 pm »
Conservatism, my ass.  Here is the Baby Boomers' contribution to our current situation:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2024, 05:21:51 pm »
Trump's last year in office:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2024, 05:25:02 pm »
Best I can determine is the conservatives/traditionalists in the Boomer generation understood what was going on, but failed in their strategy to fight it.

The other side changed hearts and minds and then brought them into the voting booth, conservative Boomers skipped this step.  The other side overwhelmed ---- simultaneously transforming every social institution giving the majority of voters at least one reason to vote for them.  For decades, conservative Boomers were transfixed on two issues:  abortion and social spending; becoming the didactic voice of takeaways in the process.

Hearts and minds matter.  Until conservative Boomers embrace this and use it to make their case, they remain an obstacle to that proverbial pendulum swinging.  On this, and IMHO, much can be learned from Donald Trump.

EXACTLY bass ackwards.

One does not fix the thing by moving the Conservative line closer to lberalism. One does not fix a damn thing by supporting a liberal.

The line is RIGHT HERE. I've been standing on it the whole time. It does not move. It does not change.
And all who try will fail. It is those, who in their hubris, think to change it that are in the way - Falsely claiming the line can move that are the problem... Leading people astray to nonexistent mirages in the desert, when the river of Conservatism flows deep in its bed, in the same place it always is.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2024, 05:28:59 pm »

There's no time left for growing things.

Maybe you should have started a couple of elections ago instead of clinging onto a New York liberal as your lord and saviour.

@libertybele, please don't take the bait. It just leads back into the circular firing squad and solves nothing.

@Right_in_Virginia

Actually, it was easier for them to change hearts and minds because they always played to the lowest common denominator. Their mantra is one that appeals to those who say gimme, gimme, gimme and don't hold me responsible for my life choices, just bail me out.

Conservatism is based on less intrusion from the government and allowing citizens to plot their own course. All the "benevolent" spending -- and the notion that that's how government should work -- has caught up to us.

This Boomer attempted to sway her Greatest Generation parents but was unsuccessful. They were union and the union did their thinking for them. The sad part was that I know the values they taught me. They weren't leftists. They just voted Democrat and twisted into pretzels to justify it. I don't know how you get past that.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:38:29 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2024, 05:32:41 pm »
@libertybele

Good point @DCPatriot   We've lost the fine art of in-person interactions and discussion.  The birthing clinics for the first American freedom fighters were churches and taverns ---- which just might explain why both were among the places shut down in liberal states during Covid.

We need to return to this tradition ---- without the electronics.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2024, 05:37:47 pm »
Good point @DCPatriot   We've lost the fine art of in-person interactions and discussion.  The birthing clinics for the first American freedom fighters were churches and taverns ---- which just might explain why both were among the places shut down in liberal states during Covid.

@Right_in_Virginia

OMG! That aspect of the shutdown just hit me. I just took it as their hatred for all things pertaining to God. I never even looked at it from the POV that conservatives need to be prevented from hatching plans to stand up against their tyranny. Thanks for that!! I'm more horrified than before, but I'm happy to understand more of their thinking.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2024, 05:45:32 pm »
OMG! That aspect of the shutdown just hit me. I just took it as their hatred for all things pertaining to God. I never even looked at it from the POV that conservatives need to be prevented from hatching plans to stand up against their tyranny. Thanks for that!! I'm more horrified than before, but I'm happy to understand more of their thinking.

@AllThatJazzZ

From any point of observation such as that, step back and ask yourself 'what would satan do here?'  You may find yourself stumblng upon coincidence again and again.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2024, 05:46:36 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

From any point of observation such as that, step back and ask yourself 'what would satan do here?'  You may find yourself stumblng upon coincidence again and again.

@Hoodat

I hope you're having a nice Saturday.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2024, 05:46:49 pm »
Conservatism, my ass.  Here is the Baby Boomers' contribution to our current situation:

Nice graph showing how Reagan set in motion the wrecking ball to (fiscal) Conservatism.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2024, 05:48:12 pm »
EXACTLY bass ackwards.

One does not fix the thing by moving the Conservative line closer to lberalism. One does not fix a damn thing by supporting a liberal.

The line is RIGHT HERE. I've been standing on it the whole time. It does not move. It does not change.
And all who try will fail. It is those, who in their hubris, think to change it that are in the way - Falsely claiming the line can move that are the problem... Leading people astray to nonexistent mirages in the desert, when the river of Conservatism flows deep in its bed, in the same place it always is.

Conservatives shouldn't fight to win the hearts and minds of the next generation??  While this is moronic, it does explain why your philosophy has birthed an impotent political sect.  Stick to fiddling ---- at least that's in your wheelhouse.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2024, 05:49:31 pm »
Trump's last year in office:

Why that matters:

Government has gotten bigger and bigger over the last several decades. Deficits have gotten larger and larger as a result. So, to finance itself and continue to grow, government needs to print money

Have American's become more free and wealthier as a result???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2024, 05:55:00 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Divide and conquer @AllThatJazzZ   888blackhat

Online libertybele

« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2024, 05:55:22 pm »

Exactly right.  One of the pastors of a former church that we went to, moved to a different church and took a different position.  He addressed the 'church' and made comment of what was being done during COVID; trying to shut down churches so that like minded, conservative Christians couldn't gather.  He made the comment, looking up to he heavens as he spoke; have mercy on us, as that's not going to happen  -- we will continue to gather.

Christianity and churches are being targeted. 

Stand your ground and remain steadfast in your faith and the values and morals upon which you grew up with; predominately those same values and principles upon which this country was founded.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2024, 05:57:18 pm »
I'm not so sure that we deserve God's mercy.

Why?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2024, 05:58:14 pm »
@Hoodat

I hope you're having a nice Saturday.

Just put some beans on to soak.  About to head outside, harvest some collards, and prepare the garden for spring.  Do you already have tomatoes in the ground around your parts?  We're supposed to get another freeze in a few days.

My comment about the enemy was just what I have observed.  When I see the things that are happening especially now, but began in 2009, I remember a comment someone made about the 2009 Inauguration and how the demonic now had unfettered access to the American government.  So when I see the outrages of the current regime, I'm always left thinking that satan couldn't have done a better job at destroying the blessings of this nation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2024, 05:59:16 pm »
Nice graph showing how Reagan set in motion the wrecking ball to (fiscal) Conservatism.

Easy to say. But no. The people who didn't pay it back set it off.
The creation of debt is not the problem. It's the not paying it back.

The same goes for money. I get that the fed has to print sometimes.
But it ought to correct what it's done and burn the overage.
That's what never happens.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2024, 06:01:26 pm »
Divine intervention and a miracle is what's needed and I'm not so sure that we deserve God's mercy.

We never deserve G-d's mercy.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

-Romans 5:8-

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2024, 06:04:13 pm »
Conservatives shouldn't fight to win the hearts and minds of the next generation??  While this is moronic, it does explain why your philosophy has birthed an impotent political sect.  Stick to fiddling ---- at least that's in your wheelhouse.

Conservatives DO fight. Conservatives DO change hearts and minds. Unfortunately, so do idiot populists chasing after shiny shit. This has always been the case. Pinocchio is a good example from before this era.

The caution has always been there, shouting the truth. It is the way of things for sheep to be stupid and wolves to be wise. But the sheep win when there's sheep dogs.

And politics has little to do with it. Politics has little to do with anything.