Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53709 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2024, 08:20:56 am »
I'm 78 years old. Look around. Time to face up to the TRUTH. The proof is all around us.
The Republic is 'dead'. Tree of Liberty has been petrified.

Even too late to "Lock n' Load".  Technology has made it impossible.

"Woodstock" my ass!! We Baby Boomers have allowed this to happen. We're responsible for all of this.{spit}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2024, 11:07:43 am »

Funny you mentioned this, it was Trump that put a gay gun-grabber judge (Patrick Bumatay from NY or course) on the 9th Circuit court in California... one that took his "husband" to the confirmation sessions ... He also has two daughters passed off as birth daughters.

@Sighlass

Looking up that judge’s record, he’s pretty left-wing. He also supported taxpayer funded sex changes for prisoners.

If it wasn’t for the Federalist Society, along with concerns about reelection, I believe that these are the kind of judges Donald Trump would appointed to the Supreme Court.

Should he win, those pesky reelection concerns are not going to be there.

BTW, I noticed how quickly those  who accused you of wanting “permits for sex”, and a “cop in every bedroom”  and called you a "morality NAZI" became  awfully quiet all of a sudden

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 06:05:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2024, 11:42:20 am »
I'm 78 years old. Look around. Time to face up to the TRUTH. The proof is all around us.

"Woodstock" my ass!! We Baby Boomers have allowed this to happen. We're responsible for all of this.{spit}

The pendulum eventually swings

It always does.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2024, 12:24:43 pm »
The pendulum eventually swings

It always does.

@LMAO

Ahh, but "swing" back to what?

Not my intention here to drag Donald Trump into the conversation...my point simply being that if not for the successful nominations and confirmations of Kavanaugh, Barrett and Gorsuch, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution would have overturned today.

IMO, it wasn't DJT...he was merely the 'vessel'. It was a Republican POTUS supported by the Mitch McConnel team.

If Hillary Clinton won in 2016, things would certainly be different. Ruth Bader Ginsburg would have retired, etc..

It's my contention that Baby Boomers needing a 2 income-family...keeping up with the "Joneses"...unshackling (too strong a word, perhaps) women from the home and kitchen...ahhh...  on and on.

It's over now.  Good luck.  Health-wise, fully expect I won't even be alive by the '24 Election this November.  Thank you, Jesus.

Like 'John Coffey" in The Green Mile... "I'm tired boss!  I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world"

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2024, 12:40:14 pm »

It's over now.  Good luck.  Health-wise, fully expect I won't even be alive by the '24 Election this November.  Thank you, Jesus.

Like 'John Coffey" in The Green Mile... "I'm tired boss!  I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world"

Now how is that fighting for the country?  wink777

I’ll give you an example of what I’ve done. We had a local school board election a couple years ago. We campaigned to get all the “teach elementary school kids LBGTQRS issues” type voted out and we won. And won, as Trump would say, “Bigly”

@Sighlass is right. I don’t care what two consenting adults do in their private life. But when society is told it must embrace and accommodate, we’re going to have a problem

The way I see it, if Hiroshima and Nagasaki can become thriving, robust cities after having two nuclear bombs dropped on them, America will survive and recover from Biden and the left

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 01:38:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2024, 01:36:49 pm »

Well, @DCPatriot most of it was already done before any of us "baby boomers" were born but that does not negate the fact that WE could have stopped it had we been astute enough to figure out what was going on.

In my youth (age 19) my uncle Sam sent me to a foreign land to fight commies over there and I was too damned stupid to know that the government of my own country was already riddled with the bastards. Couldn't even conceive of an American who would turn on his own country at the time. Boy! Was I wrong! The Commies won without ever firing a shot here just as Nikita Kruschev told us they would. Like you, I'm awfully tired. Watching my country in its death throes without being able to do a damned thing about it is killing me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 01:41:38 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2024, 01:49:12 pm »

I’ll give you an example of what I’ve done. We had a local school board election a couple years ago. We campaigned to get all the “teach elementary school kids LBGTQRS issues” type voted out and we won. And won, as Trump would say, “Bigly”

@Sighlass is right. I don’t care what two consenting adults do in their private life. But when society is told it must embrace and accommodate, we’re going to have a problem

The way I see it, if Hiroshima and Nagasaki can become thriving, robust cities after having two nuclear bombs dropped on them, America will survive and recover from Biden and the left

I'm not going to write you a book about what I've done but will just say that I've stolen much time and treasure from my family over the last fifty years and gotten NOTHING of substance in return.

Yes, there will always be a place called the United States of America, but it will bear zero resemblance to the republic our founders gave us. In fact, that is already true right now @LMAO.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2024, 03:43:01 pm »
I'm not going to write you a book about what I've done but will just say that I've stolen much time and treasure from my family over the last fifty years and gotten NOTHING of substance in return.

Yes, there will always be a place called the United States of America, but it will bear zero resemblance to the republic our founders gave us. In fact, that is already true right now @LMAO.

@Bigun

Out of curiosity, how optimistic/pessimistic are you about America's return to greatness?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2024, 03:46:07 pm »
@Bigun

Out of curiosity, how optimistic/pessimistic are you about America's return to greatness?

@AllThatJazzZ I'm sorry to report that short of Gods intervention I see no chance.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2024, 03:47:56 pm »

G-d bless you, @LMAO .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2024, 03:51:24 pm »
G-d bless you, @LMAO .

Purging from the bottom up, might be the ticket.  Sadly, left wing excrement have been louder voices, and have gotten their way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2024, 03:52:45 pm »

That was clear in 2020.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2024, 03:54:29 pm »
Purging from the bottom up, might be the ticket.

The exact point that Ted Cruz was making in 2016.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2024, 03:54:45 pm »

Very impressive, @LMAO   Thank you.

However, I am in the Deep Midnight Blue Peoples Republic of Maryland, where today, Ronald Wilson Reagan wouldn't stand a chance of winning an office.

Even voting for Jesus Christ as a Republican would be a waste of time and effort.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2024, 03:57:28 pm »
@LMAO

Ahh, but "swing" back to what?

Why, to something more representative and manageable, of course.

Not my intention here to drag Donald Trump into the conversation...my point simply being that if not for the successful nominations and confirmations of Kavanaugh, Barrett and Gorsuch, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution would have overturned today.

Well, I find half your zeal in these appointments... By and large a paltry gain. The only one I find in good order is Gorsuch, surprisingly enough.

But that aside, your statement is spoken with far too much surety - predicting that which never happened is a touchy business.

IMO, it wasn't DJT...he was merely the 'vessel'. It was a Republican POTUS supported by the Mitch McConnel team.

Still a meager, half-handed gain... Poorly wrought.

If Hillary Clinton won in 2016, things would certainly be different. Ruth Bader Ginsburg would have retired, etc..

Again with the predictions from silent future never realized. That's a fault in thinking, IMO.

It's my contention that Baby Boomers needing a 2 income-family...keeping up with the "Joneses"...unshackling (too strong a word, perhaps) women from the home and kitchen...ahhh...  on and on.

Yes, that's true. But that's also necessarily the path of it - The temptation was largely absent before the boomer generation. Largely absent because the temptation is always there, which is why my emphasis remains firmly focused in history.

But your angst and defeatism is ill placed. You'd be of better service in your position of elder to make those in this generation understand the folly... And to point to a better way.

The seeds that sprung up into the liberalism choking our garden were indeed first seeds. Thus also the seeds of liberty can grow once planted - Albeit only when watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots... Still it is easier to reclaim the garden than to start from scratch, and your voice should remain raised toward that effort.

I meet that news with sadness @DCPatriot . Despite our differences of late, I have normally enjoyed our conversations and even the repartee between us which has livened the conversation. You may not believe it, in our current state, but your voice will be missed if this prediction is true.   :beer:

It ain't over. Not by half. Take heart, and care for what remains.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2024, 03:59:32 pm »
Well, @DCPatriot most of it was already done before any of us "baby boomers" were born but that does not negate the fact that WE could have stopped it had we been astute enough to figure out what was going on.
  @Bigun

Yes, Earl...20/20 hindsight and all that.

IMO, dumping the "Merit" system and turning a blind eye toward Teachers' Unions...introducing tenure did an awful lot of damage.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2024, 04:02:34 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ I'm sorry to report that short of Gods intervention I see no chance.

There is not a truer word on this board. But then, that is always the case, and nothing new.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2024, 04:03:34 pm »
Purging from the bottom up, might be the ticket.  Sadly, left wing excrement have been louder voices, and have gotten their way.

It is ALWAYS the ticket. Every time.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2024, 04:04:32 pm »
Every single example of the problems you all bemoan was brought about through the expansion of government.  Conservativism would have prevented all of them had we adhered to it.

If the federal budget was balanced today, you would all be shocked at how much better this country would be.  Prosperity would abound.  Double-digit growth rates.  An explosion of wealth.  And no more inflation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2024, 04:05:44 pm »

However, I am in the Deep Midnight Blue Peoples Republic of Maryland, where today, Ronald Wilson Reagan wouldn't stand a chance of winning an office.

Even voting for Jesus Christ as a Republican would be a waste of time and effort.

That can turn on a dime. In an instant. It nearly did when the towers fell... There was a moment there... Almost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2024, 04:08:10 pm »

Reagan could win today but probably not with his 1980 and especially not his 1984 EC and popular vote margin

One bright spot is the “go woke, go broke” phenomenon. I thought the effort was worthwhile but I didn’t think it would be effective

I admit with joy I was wrong

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2024, 04:10:04 pm »
Every single example of the problems you all bemoan was brought about through the expansion of government.  Conservativism would have prevented all of them had we adhered to it.

If the federal budget was balanced today, you would all be shocked at how much better this country would be.  Prosperity would abound.  Double-digit growth rates.  An explosion of wealth.  And no more inflation.

Without a single doubt. Which is why it is so vital to hold the line and pull what is called conservatism back to orthodoxy. It truly is the only way that works.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2024, 04:13:35 pm »
One bright spot is the “go woke, go broke” phenomenon. I thought the effort was worthwhile but I didn’t think it would be effective

I admit with joy I was wrong

That is a very bright spot - and light once uncovered, springs to every corner in the room. I too take great solace from this action, which seems to have sprung from the very bosom of liberty, and that without a sponsor. THAT is liberty fighting back. Natively.

Online libertybele

« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2024, 04:23:31 pm »
The exact point that Ted Cruz was making in 2016.

That was also Ron Paul's philosophy -- build from the bottom up.  Conservatism won't expand from the top down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2024, 04:25:48 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more, unfortunately.  It's is going to take a miracle, divine intervention and the mercy of the Lord God.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.