Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53823 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2024, 03:10:56 am »
Really? I'm not fond of tariffs as a matter of simple economics but when the marketplace is grossly slanted in favor of people who will not play by the rules, they ARE appropriate.

I'm all in favor of pricing the CHICOMS out of markets everywhere by any means necessary.

The better way would be to take the weight off of American small business so they can compete. China has different rules. That's why everybody is manufacturing over there instead of over here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2024, 03:11:35 am »
The point is, in AZ Trump got 75%, and I was expecting more.   :shrug:

Early voting ---- began Feb 21.  Had she still been in it, this would have been just another bloodbath for her with Trump winning by more than 55 points.

The real story is the inroads Trump has been in Arizona's Hispanic community, although early voting is still an important issue.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 03:20:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #252 on: March 22, 2024, 03:12:13 am »
In the long run, US tariffs make American manufacturers less competitive, not more competitive. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2024, 03:14:10 am »
The better way would be to take the weight off of American small business so they can compete. China has different rules. That's why everybody is manufacturing over there instead of over here.

They are over there because the WE have priced ourselves out of markets with our insane Marxist income tax system!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2024, 03:14:32 am »
In the long run, US tariffs make American manufacturers less competitive, not more competitive.

That's right. Try some union busting instead. Try fattening up the purchasing power of the dollar.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2024, 03:16:03 am »
They are over there because the WE have priced ourselves out of markets with our insane Marxist income tax system!

And unions, and minimum wages, and a weak, inflated dollar. We could go on and on.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2024, 03:17:31 am »

IF left in place for long periods perhaps but our problems here do not arise from temporary devices. They arise from our INSANE Marxist income tax system!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2024, 03:19:17 am »
I had a Toyota minivan that I traded in that had 289,000 miles on it for an SUV about 6 years ago

Ran great and required very little maintenance

What brand of auto is Korean?

Hyundai and KIA.  They're strong competition to Honda and Toyota.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2024, 03:19:53 am »
And unions, and minimum wages, and a weak, inflated dollar. We could go on and on.

"There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

Henry David  Thoreau

ALL the things you mentioned in your post are enabled by the Marxist income tax and federal reserve banks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 03:22:26 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2024, 03:25:25 am »
No, you literally can't.

First you have to START making American shit. THEN you can stop buying CHICOM shit.

@roamer_1

LOL!  A majority of Toyota and Honda...even BMW are stamped and assembled in various cities here in the USA.

Until recently most have been NON-UNION plants....don't know about right now.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2024, 03:28:37 am »
Perfect example of an online meltdown. Quite entertaining actually.

But this is what members of a cult look like.
Uncomfortable facts makes him anxious. Understandable. So what he wants is an echo chamber for his own comfort.

As you see,   because he’s not getting it, he’s lashing out

Notice how he pinged moderators first. he wants viewpoints that he doesn’t like silenced because he sees those as a micro aggression. Just like a university snowflake. happy77

Nobody better to be called a Nazi Ahole from than a few Trump cultist. I remain a Christian Conservative, them, not so much.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2024, 03:43:38 am »
"There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

Henry David  Thoreau

ALL the things you mentioned in your post are enabled by the Marxist income tax and federal reserve banks!

You know you're preachin to the choir....  :whistle:
You'll find no disagreement with me on this.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2024, 03:44:27 am »
@roamer_1

LOL!  A majority of Toyota and Honda...even BMW are stamped and assembled in various cities here in the USA.

Until recently most have been NON-UNION plants....don't know about right now.

I'll bet you'll find plenty on them made in China.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2024, 03:52:51 am »
Please, post a link to this @catfish1957
@Right_in_Virginia

Extraxcted from electoral tabulation site that I prepared that night.

post. No.68 on this thread.  Check any news site if you want to dispute

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is how "other" fared against Trump tonight.

Arizona- 23.7%.  22.4%
Florida- 18.8%.     18.8%
Illinois- 19.7%.    19.5%
Kansas- 24.7%.     24.5%
Ohio- 20.8%-          20.8%

Note to RIV, went to CNN site and complete results are amended above in red
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 03:59:35 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2024, 03:55:19 am »
The point is, in AZ Trump got 75%, and I was expecting more.   :shrug:

Keep in mind that there was also a Democrat primary.  Combine the two, and you have a better picture of where the voters stand.

Trump received around 47% of the Arizona vote, which means he has an uphill fight in that State.  Contrast that with Georgia where he captured over 50% of the total State vote.  Trump will win Georgia in November.  But he has a lot of work to do to win AZ.  And sharing the ballot with Kari Lake will only hurt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2024, 06:55:30 am »
@Cyber Liberty  @Smokin Joe

Okay...thank you.

Interpreted it to mean that DJT got 75% of the total votes...NH got 22%, so "Not for Trump" could only achieve 3% because "100%" equals total.
Subsets overlap. Venn diagrams and all that...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2024, 06:58:09 am »
I'll bet you'll find plenty on them made in China.
Years ago, (after NAFTA), I walked into NAPA and ordered up a set of brake drums for the '75 van I was using for a field vehicle at the time. I was asked "You want Mexican or Chinese?" "Let's just stick to North America, thanks."

I would wager a tremendous number of aftermarket parts hail from China.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2024, 07:11:53 am »
Subsets overlap. Venn diagrams and all that...

All television election returns simply show what percentage of the whole (100%) each candidate received.

DJY got 3 of every 4 votes cast. That's all that interests me. :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2024, 08:15:00 am »
Years ago, (after NAFTA), I walked into NAPA and ordered up a set of brake drums for the '75 van I was using for a field vehicle at the time. I was asked "You want Mexican or Chinese?" "Let's just stick to North America, thanks."

I would wager a tremendous number of aftermarket parts hail from China.

Most.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2024, 11:49:12 am »
A perfect description of too many of my Briefer FRiends today...IF THE SHOE FITS...WEAR IT!

By Stephan Helgesen:

...Admittedly, my frame of reference is limited to the last eight decades of my life, but in that time, I have noticed a marked shift in how we view ourselves as a country and a people.

We've gone from pride to prejudices, from faith to fears, and from purposeful optimism to abject pessimism. We've become a country of self-doubters, ashamed of and apologetic for our history. We hide our true opinions, justifying to ourselves that it's better to demur than to engage each other in conversation. After all, conversation could lead to disagreement and that could lead to conflict which would be unpleasant and uncomfortable. Better to step away from confrontation and live in peaceful coexistence with the forces that are working feverishly to upend all the time-honored cultural values that we hold dear, than to raise our heads above the waterline and make ourselves a target.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/the_death_of_the_american_salesman.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2024, 12:03:14 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Extraxcted from electoral tabulation site that I prepared that night.

Thanks @catfish1957.   I'm still very happy with the wins!!!   Very happy.  :patriot:

Online LMAO

« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2024, 12:38:25 pm »
 :pop41:
A perfect description of too many of my Briefer FRiends today...IF THE SHOE FITS...WEAR IT!

By Stephan Helgesen:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/the_death_of_the_american_salesman.html

Excellent description of Trump himself. The guy has a lot of bluster at his rallies. I’ll give him that. But when it came to governing and standing up to the Democrats, he folded.

Went along with them on COVID. Sided with them on deficits. Sided with Bud Light over conservatives for donor money. Flipped on his former Tik Tok stance over donor money.

We call that a paper tiger. He’s brave when it comes to Stormy Daniel’s. Chuck Shumer and Pelosi, not so much
 wink777
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:40:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2024, 12:53:49 pm »
Speaking of Tariffs….

The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act was meant to protect the U.S. economy from the Great Depression by not allowing Americans to purchase goods from outside the U.S., however, this ended up making the economy even worse. The act led to banks closing and people consumed even fewer goods, meaning the effect of the act was not that farmers and manufacturers sold more, but that they sold less at a cheaper price.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/hawley-smoot-tariff-of-1930-definition-overview.html#:~:text=The%20Smoot%2DHawley%20Act%20raised,only%20purchase%20American%2Dmade%20goods.

Now Trump wants tariffs while we are experiencing 40 year high inflation

I suppose that the resulting crash would bring prices down if you want to argue that point. Maybe he wants to crash the economy to bring prices down?

I myself prefer deficit reduction and a sound currency to bring inflation under control but that’s just me

Trump’s desire to protect American industries and jobs is noble. But it’s the results and not the intentions that a policy should be judged by
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 01:08:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2024, 04:24:13 pm »
Early voting ---- began Feb 21.  Had she still been in it, this would have been just another bloodbath for her with Trump winning by more than 55 points.

The real story is the inroads Trump has been in Arizona's Hispanic community, although early voting is still an important issue.

I do not disagree with that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2024, 04:44:56 pm »

WTF are you goin on about now, @DCPatriot ?

This is a forum. A place for classical debate. In the very nature of the place, I'd highly doubt the sort attracted here would be short on opinion, or lacking in their ability to opine. Folks speak their mind around here.

*****rollingeyes*****