Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53288 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2024, 11:37:42 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Please explain how you can have a total of 122% in a closed primary?  For that matter, in any "closed election"?    Thank you.

22% Haley, 3% other (all non-Trump).

22+3=25

Or you can work it this way: 100%-75% (Trump)=25% (not Trump)

Not sure how you got 122%
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2024, 11:43:23 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Please explain how you can have a total of 122% in a closed primary?  For that matter, in any "closed election"?    Thank you.

75% + 25% =100%

ETA:  I must admit that I did not word that very well....and I caused confusion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:47:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2024, 11:45:33 pm »
The point is, in AZ Trump got 75%, and I was expecting more.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2024, 12:39:14 am »
75% + 25% =100%

ETA:  I must admit that I did not word that very well....and I caused confusion.

@Cyber Liberty  @Smokin Joe

Okay...thank you.

Interpreted it to mean that DJT got 75% of the total votes...NH got 22%, so "Not for Trump" could only achieve 3% because "100%" equals total. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:40:19 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2024, 12:42:35 am »
I caused confusion.

WELL YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT.  :tongue2:

:beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2024, 12:54:55 am »
Will remain in lurk mode so as not to ruffle your feathers

Yeah, right.

...if you will not acknowledge that Donald Trump is the ONLY choice to save our Republic from the path on which it is on....then you all need to get brain scans.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to call all of you out.   You're all unprincipled Conservatives pretending to be Patriots.

Yesterday, @Bigun wrote an excellent post touting the reasons he was voting for Trump.  Seventeen justifications as to why Trump was getting his vote - all of them positive, inciteful, convincing, and best of all truthful.

After reviewing them, I admitted to myself that his argument was quite admirable and openly applauded his efforts.  I found myself today thinking about those reasons, and was reconsidering my vote. I was coming around, thinking that maybe these positives outweighed the negatives.

And then I read your post.  You can be rest assured that your words have once again driven me about as far away from voting for Trump as I have ever been.  Thank you for restoring my sanity and keeping me from making a huge mistake.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2024, 12:55:58 am »
  We aren't exactly ahead in the game - right now the DEMS are winning and if they continue to win there won't be any coming back.

I see this alot. Gloom and doom. It's over if they win

But look at this administration. They've bumbled up everything they've touch. Look at the people in this administration. Harris, Blinken, Sullivan, Granholm. Not exactly  a haven of smarts, there. They're grossly incompetent

I'm not being a Pollyanna. We face a lot of pitfalls and hardship. But we have to stop acting like the opposition is made  of super men and women
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 01:00:29 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2024, 01:02:09 am »

But look at this administration. They've bumbled everything they touch. Look at the people in this administration. Harris, Blinken, Sullivan, Granholm. Not exactly  a haven of smarts, there. They're grossly incompetent

I'm not being a Pollyanna. We face a lot of pifalls and hardship. But we have to stop acting like the opposition is made  of super men and women

Perhaps you are independently wealthy and have no fear of our Republic collapsing because you have a one way ticket out of here on a really nice remote island with a beautiful mansion on it stocked with food and a security detail to protect you.

The opposition is not made of super men and women; they have just drastically out maneuvered those who tend to vote more conservatively and law abiding citizens, by stealing an election and trampling on the Constitution and have absolutely not been held accountable for decades. 

It is now  Soros and Obama who are in control of this country and IMHO those that don't see the writing on the wall are only fooling themselves.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 01:17:38 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2024, 01:07:10 am »
You must be independently wealthy and have no fear of our Republic collapsing because you have a one way ticket out of here on a really nice remote island with a beautiful mansion on it stocked with food and a security detail to protect you.

Lol

I'm just a hospital RN. You don't get rich doing that or own mansions on an island

I consider myself middle class
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2024, 01:12:28 am »

But look at this administration. They've bumbled up everything they've touch. Look at the people in this administration. Harris, Blinken, Sullivan, Granholm. Not exactly  a haven of smarts, there. They're grossly incompetent

I'm not being a Pollyanna. We face a lot of pitfalls and hardship. But we have to stop acting like the opposition is made  of super men and women

Bitem stinks so damn bad, in all that Dems do, nothing but stink.
It's really saying something when Republicans can't offer something immediately and recognizably better.
This should be a cakewalk.
And it ain't.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2024, 01:13:08 am »
You must be independently wealthy and have no fear of our Republic collapsing

Here is the NUMBER ONE THREAT that the American Republic faces today:

And not once have I heard Donald Trump mention it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2024, 01:17:13 am »

:yowsa: :yowsa:

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2024, 01:24:56 am »

Except in reality if the terrorists or other subversive groups that they are allowing into our country decide to strike or if Brandon decides to allow the UN to have emergency powers over the U.S. in a couple of months, we won't have to worry about debt as we won't have a country left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2024, 01:37:28 am »

@Hoodat

Ah yes. I see that getting so much better in a Biden (or Dem) administration.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2024, 01:40:39 am »
@Hoodat

Ah yes. I see that getting so much better in a Biden (or Dem) administration.

So you're saying that Trump is no different from Biden?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2024, 01:45:03 am »
Except in reality if the terrorists or other subversive groups that they are allowing into our country decide to strike or if Brandon decides to allow the UN to have emergency powers over the U.S. in a couple of months, we won't have to worry about debt as we won't have a country left.

Meanwhile, we will pay more this year for interest on this debt than we will spend on our entire national defense.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2024, 01:55:18 am »
So you're saying that Trump is no different from Biden?

@Hoodat

No, and I'm a little concerned about your reasoning skills.  9999what

Online Hoodat

« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2024, 01:57:41 am »
@Hoodat

No, and I'm a little concerned about your reasoning skills.  9999what

@AllThatJazzZ

You seem to be making the case that Biden running up trillions in debt is bad and that we shouldn't vote for him because of it.  Is that correct?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2024, 01:59:59 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

You seem to be making the case that Biden running up trillions in debt is bad and that we shouldn't vote for him because of it.  Is that correct?

@Hoodat

I'm making the case that abstaining from voting for Trump on this issue doesn't improve the situation. If Biden/Dem gets in, it'll be worse.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2024, 02:06:03 am »
Yeah, right.

Yesterday, @Bigun wrote an excellent post touting the reasons he was voting for Trump.  Seventeen justifications as to why Trump was getting his vote - all of them positive, inciteful, convincing, and best of all truthful.

After reviewing them, I admitted to myself that his argument was quite admirable and openly applauded his efforts.  I found myself today thinking about those reasons, and was reconsidering my vote. I was coming around, thinking that maybe these positives outweighed the negatives.

And then I read your post.  You can be rest assured that your words have once again driven me about as far away from voting for Trump as I have ever been.  Thank you for restoring my sanity and keeping me from making a huge mistake.

@Hoodat

LOL!  Both @Right_in_Virginia and myself live in your head RENT-FREE!

Have such a power over you...you can't stand it.   You're such a child...somebody who allows another's personality and posting style to affect for whom you'll cast a vote.

....can't bring myself to vote for President Trump because RIV and DCP are such [fill-in-the blanks]

I get seconds of mirth imagining you in bed staring at the ceiling in rage...heart beating 90+ times a minute because we are rabid "Tumpy Fans"

Sweet dreams....    :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2024, 02:09:11 am »
@Hoodat

I'm making the case that abstaining from voting for Trump on this issue doesn't improve the situation. If Biden/Dem gets in, it'll be worse.

Adjusted for inflation, Trump ran up more debt than Biden.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:21 am »
Have such a power over you...you can't stand it.   You're such a child...somebody who allows another's personality and posting style to affect for whom you'll cast a vote.

Don't flatter yourself.  It is your propensity for non-rational persuasion that drives me away, not your personality or posting style.  Same old logical fallacies over and over again.  You never learn.  You are unteachable.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2024, 02:14:38 am »
In 2028, the debt is estimated to be at 40 trillion. Forty trillion. You know the risk to the economy at that? We'll be printing money just to cover the interest, if we are not already

If you really want to save the republic, this is were it starts. This were "Make America great Again" starts. Fifteen trillion dollars in new spending on top of an unsustainable debt won't do it
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 02:18:11 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2024, 02:16:29 am »
Don't flatter yourself.  It is your propensity for non-rational persuasion that drives me away, not your personality or posting style.  Same old logical fallacies over and over again.  You never learn.  You are unteachable.

BULLETIN~~~

We're not here to persuade you or anyone.

You've had EIGHT years to educate yourselves on what is a simple rudimentary binary choice for most anyone who could fog a mirror.

MAGA or Communism.

As @AllThatJazzZ recently suggested... YOUR reasoning skills are suspect.

edited to add...

Let me point out that this thread filled 4 pages from the date it began on March 8th.

Since @Right_in_Virginia and myself happened to enter the thread today, it's grown by 5 pages.

ROFL!   Happy trails!    :seeya:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 02:22:19 am by DCPatriot »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2024, 02:17:47 am »
In 2028, the debt is estimated to be at 40 trillion. Forty trillion. You know the risk to the economy at that? We'll be printing money just to cover the interest, if we are not already

We are.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-