Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 35371 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2024, 10:00:42 pm »
WHO AM I VOTING FOR AND WHY?

I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement 401K and the stock market.

I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.

I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order.

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over again to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.

I’m voting for secure borders and legal immigration.

I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.

I’m voting for continued peace progress in the Middle East.

I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.

I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.

I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored.

I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country.

I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2024, 10:11:38 pm »
Great post @Bigun  and I heartily agree!  :patriot:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2024, 10:30:38 pm »

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over again to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.

I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.

I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

Much of that was severely damaged during Tumpy's first term. Bitem ain't helping any, that's a fact. But Tumpy did major damage.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2024, 10:33:55 pm »
Much of that was severely damaged during Tumpy's first term. Bitem ain't helping any, that's a fact. But Tumpy did major damage.

One of the IS going to be president as of Jan. 20, 2025 and I will take Trump over Biden any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2024, 10:57:21 pm »

Yes, what you've laid out is what I think we all want in here.  IF the DEMS retain their control of either the Senate or the House there is no guarantee that Trump will be able to turn this country around or what he has further promised.

His failed policies were in part because of the stranglehold that the DEMS had on the GOP in Congress; they were effective in tying his hands. The border wall was just one instance.  The DEM stranglehold and evil underhandedness is a huge problem.  As @roamer_1 pointed out, we cannot control what the DEMS do at the ballot box.  IMHO we can only hope to control what the lackluster do-nothing GOP does.  With that being said though we only have a very slight majority in the House and can only hope to hold on to it and perhaps gain a few Senate seats.  Voting for RINOs makes no difference to those majorities.

So again, what to do?  I refused to vote for McCain as I saw him as a RINO and I didn't vote for him, which resulted in 8 years of Obama, although there is now very strong evidence that Google manipulated over 40 elections.

Back to my philosophy and reiterating what Cruz said "vote your conscience". I don't believe anyone in here should 'shame' anyone for how they vote. Opinions yes, but judging someone, no.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2024, 10:59:43 pm »
I don't believe anyone in here should 'shame' anyone for how they vote. Opinions yes, but judging someone, no.

:yowsa:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2024, 11:05:01 pm »
One of the IS going to be president as of Jan. 20, 2025 and I will take Trump over Biden any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm still not certain that Trump or Biden will be the nominees.  With Trump's felonies and him unable to raise bail money -- who knows what is going to happen.  I don't believe the leftists are done trying to prevent him from running.  I still think it is a possibility that they will have Biden step down and run someone else that they decide on at their convention. 

There still is some wiggle room that things could unfold very differently other than Trump v. Biden. Yes, they are the nominees right now.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2024, 11:07:55 pm »
@roamer_1

You really need to give this line of thinking a rest. It's judgmental on your part, especially in that you've heard the druthers from most of us. I'm going to try one last time to draw a parallel and hope that it registers.

I'm hungry. My stomach is growling, I'm feeling weak, and I need some sustenance. Fortunately, a food truck comes by. Unfortunately, it has only 2 options: A bowl of peas, and a bowl of beets. Hmmmm.... A hunger headache is setting in, and I've got to make a choice. Which one will it be? Well, duh! The one least objectionable, of course. It wasn't my first choice, but it was available.

Please, I'm begging you. Stop ragging on those who are casting their vote from a pragmatic position. We're not your enemy.
Is this like telling someone to shut up and eat their peas?
Are those pickled beets?
Seems like I heard that somewhere before... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2024, 11:08:26 pm »
I'm still not certain that Trump or Biden will be the nominees.  With Trump's felonies and him unable to raise bail money -- who knows what is going to happen. I don't believe the leftists are done trying to prevent him from running.  I still think it is a possibility that they will have Biden step down and run someone else that they decide on at their convention. 

There still is some wiggle room that things could unfold very differently other than Trump v. Biden. Yes, they are the nominees right now.

@libertybele

I am NOT a betting man,but I would almost be willing to bet the farm on that one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2024, 11:17:28 pm »
I don't believe anyone in here should 'shame' anyone for how they vote. Opinions yes, but judging someone, no.

I hope we don't see any of that here..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2024, 11:18:08 pm »

Excellent post...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2024, 11:18:57 pm »
I am voting for those that don't go along with cultural rot of homosexuality and openly pushes Christian values (not NY values)... one that will not attack our 2nd Amendment rights and make light of them... One that does not needless attack people of firm conservative values (as proven over time via how they voted)... One that makes sure to back the most conservative person running for office instead of the one that puckers to kiss butt the hardest in front of a camera.

Many (if not most) of the members here wrote off the wokeness of going along with the homosexual agenda as not really affecting them.... Well America is now Rainbow puke with it... it demands (and often gets) it's way.... why, because it didn't stay behind bedroom doors like I said the whole time.

Answer: None of the above.... The last person I was able to openly vote for with a clear conscience was Duncan Hunter... I am a dinosaur, and will go down as principled one.

I have a line in the sand.... where is yours?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:34:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2024, 11:43:10 pm »
I am voting for those that don't go along with cultural rot of homosexuality and openly pushes Christian values (not NY values)... one that will not attack our 2nd Amendment rights and make light of them... One that does not needless attack people of firm conservative values (as proven over time via how they voted)... One that makes sure to back the most conservative person running for office instead of the one that puckers to kiss butt the hardest in front of a camera.

Many (if not most) of the members here wrote off the wokeness of going along with the homosexual agenda as not really affecting them.... Well America is now Rainbow puke with it... it demands (and often gets) it's way.... why, because it didn't stay behind bedroom doors like I said the whole time.

Answer: None of the above....

My reasoning for none of the above for president is more economics and fiscal along with both Biden's and Trump's conduct during COVID vs culture wars but your are right in your reasoning.

I've said before that in the past, I was pretty libertarian on the social issues. But that has hardened in recent years as I see how society's tolerance has been rewarded. The idea of sexualizing children and the damage caused by pumping them full of hormones with the blessing of government. Crime not only tolerated and excused but almost to the point of being cheered especially when committed by a certain ethnic group and the vilification of cops. Abortion being promoted right up to birth. Intolerance  of other beliefs on college campus that used to be a bastion of free speech  and the exchange of opposing  viewpoints. Intact, loving, mom and dad families and virtue are vilified while debauchery is embraced.

I don't know if we are being judged by a higher power or not. But it sure feels like it
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:46:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2024, 12:34:51 am »

I will not reward historic damage to libertarian and fiscal Conservatism with a second term. End_of_story. I don't care the cost. Because the cost is more if the Right will not fight for Conservatism. Liberalism on the right means the fight is already lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2024, 12:37:32 am »
My reasoning for none of the above for president is more economics and fiscal along with both Biden's and Trump's conduct during COVID vs culture wars but your are right in your reasoning.

I've said before that in the past, I was pretty libertarian on the social issues. But that has hardened in recent years as I see how society's tolerance has been rewarded. The idea of sexualizing children and the damage caused by pumping them full of hormones with the blessing of government. Crime not only tolerated and excused but almost to the point of being cheered especially when committed by a certain ethnic group and the vilification of cops. Abortion being promoted right up to birth. Intolerance  of other beliefs on college campus that used to be a bastion of free speech  and the exchange of opposing  viewpoints. Intact, loving, mom and dad families and virtue are vilified while debauchery is embraced.

I don't know if we are being judged by a higher power or not. But it sure feels like it

Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and won't work in the future.  Why it is so difficult for people to grasp and the GOP to convey I'm not quite sure.

Certainly we are being tested, with more trials and tribulations ahead of us...this is only the beginning.

Only HIS mercy is going to save this country and keep it from complete destruction.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2024, 12:44:18 am »

Answer: None of the above.... The last person I was able to openly vote for with a clear conscience was Duncan Hunter... I am a dinosaur, and will go down as principled one.

That's right too. Hear hear!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2024, 12:55:46 am »

Ah .... another Duncan Hunter voter.  I voted for him as well and thinking about it, probably that last person that I voted for without hesitation.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2024, 01:13:29 am »
Ah .... another Duncan Hunter voter.  I voted for him as well and thinking about it, probably that last person that I voted for without hesitation.

Me too. What was done to him is what sent me away from Republicans. Over that, all my support for right wing organizations became a matter of scrutiny, and hard lines.

Never ever again.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2024, 01:16:03 am »
I am voting for those that don't go along with cultural rot of homosexuality and openly pushes Christian values (not NY values).  One that does not needless attack people of firm conservative values (as proven over time via how they voted)... One that makes sure to back the most conservative person running for office instead of the one that puckers to kiss butt the hardest in front of a camera.

... I am a dinosaur, and will go down as principled one.

What principle supports exiting the arena when the fight is difficult and hope is fading @Sighlass

I ask the same question of @roamer_1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2024, 01:34:45 am »

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  .  .  .

Well done, @Bigun

Your argument here blows away any and every thing the Trump zealots have posted for the last nine years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2024, 01:40:09 am »
Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and won't work in the future.  Why it is so difficult for people to grasp and the GOP to convey I'm not quite sure.

Certainly we are being tested, with more trials and tribulations ahead of us...this is only the beginning.

Only HIS mercy is going to save this country and keep it from complete destruction.

Many parts of the culture wars can't be fixed at the ballot box. Society needs to decide how much it's willing to tolerate

The only thing politicians can and should do is enforce laws and deal with the economic and fiscal issues

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2024, 01:43:28 am »
What principle supports exiting the arena when the fight is difficult and hope is fading @Sighlass

Well... Lookey what the cat dragged in...  happy77

Injecting liberalism into the right is the aim of you and yours.
A Right that no longer clamors for small government and balanced budgets is the fading hope and difficult fight.

And without that fight won first on the right
The fight is already lost.

I told you long ago what I would fight for.
That has not changed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2024, 01:46:04 am »
Many parts of the culture wars can't be fixed at the ballot box. Society needs to decide how much it's willing to tolerate

The only thing politicians can and should do is enforce laws and deal with the economic and fiscal issues

That would be true, except in that the government is purposefully aligned in law in order to suppress the culture the people desire.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2024, 02:04:46 am »

@Sighlass

Keeping the DNC out of the WH,and hopefully,taking away their power by electing conservative representatives instead of just bending over and allowing the left to continue destroying America.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2024, 02:08:12 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,they get to do their little "superiority dances" in front of their tv's on election night,happy because all that matters in the world is them being "pure" and everybody else being wrong.

Or so they think.