Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53297 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2024, 03:36:39 pm »
I'm bored. I'm hungry for some intellectual stimulation.

So you're here? On this thread.  :pondering:

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2024, 03:43:04 pm »
So you're here? On this thread.  :pondering:

Desperately trying to untangle y'all from this merry-go-round and asking that y'all spread all that intellectual prowess around the board. It's disconcerting to look at the last 20 posts and see that 90% of them are on THIS THREAD!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2024, 04:03:31 pm »
Desperately trying to untangle y'all from this merry-go-round and asking that y'all spread all that intellectual prowess around the board. It's disconcerting to look at the last 20 posts and see that 90% of them are on THIS THREAD!!

We could talk about Fil.  :whistle:  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2024, 04:09:35 pm »

Apparently that's what those members want to debate.  It's up to them. :shrug:

Perhaps you may want to post and start new threads in different categories ????

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2024, 04:14:35 pm »
888high58888

:beer:  Luv yah, @LMAO !!

@DCPatriot

I got a good morning chuckle out of that post

Well played, sir. Well played.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2024, 04:30:07 pm »
I'll be well over 76 years old when election day rolls around this year and very likely won't live to see another. I sincerely wish the pickings were better, but they aren't, and I've made my choice. The one thing I absolutely refuse to do is not choose.

Same. Yep, same. I live in a battleground state and someone from Door A or Door B will emerge a winner. I will choose the one that gives me and mine the best chance to fight another day. I refuse to cede any advantage to Biden. I will live with that choice. I will vote, good Lord willing, for DJT.

I respect the principled position of others.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online LMAO

« Reply #606 on: March 25, 2024, 04:34:22 pm »
Same. Yep, same. I live in a battleground state and someone from Door A or Door B will emerge a winner. I will choose the one that gives me and mine the best chance to fight another day. I refuse to cede any advantage to Biden. I will live with that choice. I will vote, good Lord willing, for DJT.

You’re voting your conscience. That’s all anybody can do.

There are risks for voting for Donald Trump and risks in not voting for Donald Trump.

I have a very left-wing relative who said after Donald Trump won in 2016 that everybody who voted for Donald Trump is a bad person. I reminded her that many of those same people also voted for Barack Obama. So were they good in 2008 and 2012 but suddenly became bad in 2016?

Although I will not be casting a ballot for Donald Trump this cycle, there is a dark side of me that will tune in to CNN and MSNBC just to gauge the extent of their meltdown
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 04:51:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #607 on: March 25, 2024, 04:51:25 pm »
The conventions and the elections will be $h!t-$how$.

The national parties are messes.

Federal instiutions are messes.

What's the point of having a GOP majority in the House if they are going to cave to the US Senate and the White House?

The House has ceded too much of its institutional independence for "party unity".

The American people want their candidates and their caucus to fight for them ... we want legislation with debate and amendment on the House Floor.

If House bills are going to be unwritten, undebated, un-amended backroom "frameworks", there's no need to pay to have C-Span televise House sessions if House business is not going to be done in public.

Immigration is a hill worth dying on.  Make Biden explain to the American people his rationale for making his Open Borders a higher priority than a Federal Budget, Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan?

Put Biden on the defensive.  Hammer the White House and the US Senate with the costs and consequences of Biden's Open Borders.

Write an immigration bill, with debate and amendment on the Floor, and throw it over to the US Senate and the White House to publicly defend Open Borders.

Don't worry about every bill passing.  Each defeated bill is a starting point for the next version of that bill.

To play field position football, we need to be willing to run the ball.  We will not gain 10 yards on every down, but will move the ball forward for the next down, while grinding down Dem and RINO defense.

House GOP needs to attack attack attack ... passing bill after bill after bill ... regardless of whether it will be passed in the US Senate or signed by the President.  Force the opposition to constantly be on defense.

The strategy of field position football is to win the game by keeping the other team's offense off the field.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

« Reply #608 on: March 25, 2024, 04:56:42 pm »
The conventions and the elections will be $h!t-$how$.

The national parties are messes.

Federal instiutions are messes.

What's the point of having a GOP majority in the House if they are going to cave to the US Senate and the White House?

The House has ceded too much of its institutional independence for "party unity".

The American people want their candidates and their caucus to fight for them ... we want legislation with debate and amendment on the House Floor.

If House bills are going to be unwritten, undebated, un-amended backroom "frameworks", there's no need to pay to have C-Span televise House sessions if House business is not going to be done in public.

Immigration is a hill worth dying on.  Make Biden explain to the American people his rationale for making his Open Borders a higher priority than a Federal Budget, Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan?

Put Biden on the defensive.  Hammer the White House and the US Senate with the costs and consequences of Biden's Open Borders.

Write an immigration bill, with debate and amendment on the Floor, and throw it over to the US Senate and the White House to publicly defend Open Borders.

Don't worry about every bill passing.  Each defeated bill is a starting point for the next version of that bill.

To play field position football, we need to be willing to run the ball.  We will not gain 10 yards on every down, but will move the ball forward for the next down, while grinding down Dem and RINO defense.

House GOP needs to attack attack attack ... passing bill after bill after bill ... regardless of whether it will be passed in the US Senate or signed by the President.  Force the opposition to constantly be on defense.

The strategy of field position football is to win the game by keeping the other team's offense off the field.

I couldn't agree with you more.  The GOP has a very slim majority in the House to begin with and too many RINO's...both Speakers were worthless. For that matter most of the GOP have proven to be pretty darn worthless - unfortunately the time to replace them at the ballot box has come and gone. We have to work with what we've got so, again, it is more important to vote in as many conservatives as possible down ballot than spending so much time and $$ worrying about Trump.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 04:57:44 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #609 on: March 25, 2024, 04:59:36 pm »

As do I and, with that, I'm done with this thread.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #610 on: March 25, 2024, 05:17:35 pm »
Apparently that's what those members want to debate.  It's up to them. :shrug:

Perhaps you may want to post and start new threads in different categories ????

Well, certainly. But it's up to me how I respond, right? So I'm just commenting on the incessant repetition on this thread.

11513 11513 11513

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #611 on: March 25, 2024, 05:20:14 pm »

@Bigun

888high58888

Beware. Avert your eyes. They will try to draw you back in. You must be strong!  :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #612 on: March 25, 2024, 05:37:41 pm »

Well, not me... I can chew gum and scratch my head at the same time... Just checked out for a minnit because I am switching carriers on my main cell phone right now... And was expecting hellfire to be raining down...

But it's been almost painless...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #613 on: March 25, 2024, 07:58:28 pm »
Trump deserves bashing.  Most of his policies turned to mud. He ran up the deficit. He attacks conservatives. Right now he's funneling funds from the RNC to help pay for his legal bills.

The first couple of points are the predictable, vacuous broad brushed nonsense we're used to enduring. But, it seems you slipped in something new here @libertybele     -----    Please post a link with information on "funneling funds".  I'd like to take a closer look at this to determine how this bullshit was set in motion.

Thanks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #614 on: March 25, 2024, 08:01:25 pm »
@Bigun

888high58888

Beware. Avert your eyes. They will try to draw you back in. You must be strong!  :silly:

LOL @AllThatJazzZ   A good caution for all of us.  88devil

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #615 on: March 25, 2024, 08:35:16 pm »
@Bigun I have been reading it...

But somewhere I was told (excessive) mass debating will make you go blind.

I already need glasses, so I'm outta here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #616 on: March 25, 2024, 08:48:38 pm »
The first couple of points are the predictable, vacuous broad brushed nonsense we're used to enduring. But, it seems you slipped in something new here @libertybele     -----    Please post a link with information on "funneling funds".  I'd like to take a closer look at this to determine how this bullshit was set in motion.

Thanks.

Well, at the same time @Right_in_Virginia can you please list any Trump policy (policies) that is still in effect?

As for funneling $$ --  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/31/trump-desantis-haley-campaign-fundraising/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:50:38 pm by libertybele »

Offline berdie

« Reply #617 on: March 25, 2024, 09:28:36 pm »
@Bigun I have been reading it...

But somewhere I was told (excessive) mass debating will make you go blind.

I already need glasses, so I'm outta here.

:rolling: :rolling:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2024, 11:12:27 pm »
I couldn't agree with you more.  The GOP has a very slim majority in the House to begin with and too many RINO's...both Speakers were worthless. For that matter most of the GOP have proven to be pretty darn worthless - unfortunately the time to replace them at the ballot box has come and gone. We have to work with what we've got so, again, it is more important to vote in as many conservatives as possible down ballot than spending so much time and $$ worrying about Trump.  Just my opinion.

@libertybele

Trump is only important because his election gives America 4 more years to try to turn the helm so the USS America sails from left to right. (port to starboard?)

He is a placeholder until we can do better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2024, 01:00:23 am »
@libertybele

Trump is only important because his election gives America 4 more years to try to turn the helm so the USS America sails from left to right. (port to starboard?)

Placeholder?  Perhaps at this point in time that's the best we may have going for us, but even at that, I believe it is more important to secure a majority in either the Senate or House.  Both would be quite an accomplishment.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2024, 01:05:59 am »
@libertybele

You do realize that the USS America sailed leftward during his last 4 years in office, right?  Never in my lifetime did I imagine people would be denied their livelihood for refusing to be injected with an experimental genetic program.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2024, 01:07:07 am »
@libertybele

Wouldn't have needed a damn 'placeholder' if y'all hadn't insisted on Tump.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2024, 01:09:10 am »
You do realize that the USS America sailed leftward during his last 4 years in office, right?  Never in my lifetime did I imagine people would be denied their livelihood for refusing to be injected with an experimental genetic program.

... And we could have had DeSantis, who is driving Florida to the Right with a sledgehammer.

But no... 'placeholder'.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2024, 01:21:34 am »
Oh boy… placeholder.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2024, 01:25:21 am »
... And we could have had DeSantis, who is driving Florida to the Right with a sledgehammer.

But no... 'placeholder'.  *****rollingeyes*****

That’s the most disappointing.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell