Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 35383 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2024, 10:37:43 pm »
Politics should be run by average citizens IMO, NOT elites.

Nothing stops you from running. It's an eye-opening experience which everyone should experience.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2024, 01:20:44 am »
The mere idea of 'elites' is un-American.

Well... there is a sort of country club type of GOPer we all know and hate. Mitt romney types.

• Technical
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2024, 01:21:54 am »
Nothing stops you from running. It's an eye-opening experience which everyone should experience.

You're right, except that it's not for me. I'd be like that bald dude from PA, but worse. I'd be a laughing stock.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2024, 02:03:43 am »
Well... there is a sort of country club type of GOPer we all know and hate. Mitt romney types.

Well sure... Doesn't make it right though.

I certainly have little respect for elitism.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2024, 02:45:58 am »
If 37.5% of republicans Skip POTUS, and vote down-ballot Biden will most certainly win!  Then again, if Trump can't keep his mouth shut when he should before election day, Biden will win anyway. He'd be much better off coming up with a plan instead of criticizing Joe.  People want something to vote FOR!! Are you listening Mr. Trump? ... Newt did it the right way!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2024, 03:02:18 am »
After Nixon/Ford, pundits wondered if a Republican would ever win the WH again. After eight years of Reagan and right after GHWB was elected, there was an article in Newsweek at the time that questioned if a Democrat would ever win the WH again. The Republicans were finished after GWB. In fact, James Carville even wrote a book on how Democrats will rule for 50 years.

The GOP is in a funk right now and after Trump loses in Nov, there’s going to be some soul searching. But the pendulum always swings
Maybe the GOP will do finally something to clean up election fraud in 'critical swing states' (and anywhere else it is going on) if that is the case.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2024, 01:49:57 pm »
You're right, except that it's not for me. I'd be like that bald dude from PA, but worse. I'd be a laughing stock.

Excuses are a dime a dozen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2024, 10:36:19 pm »
If Trump is floating the notion of reducing Social Security or Medicare, then he just does not want to be POTUS.  That is the kiss of death.

Maybe Biden and the Democommies will not need to cheat because Trump will shoot himself in the foot with his big idiot mouth one too many times.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2024, 11:03:01 pm »
If Trump is floating the notion of reducing Social Security or Medicare, then he just does not want to be POTUS.  That is the kiss of death.

Maybe Biden and the Democommies will not need to cheat because Trump will shoot himself in the foot with his big idiot mouth one too many times.

I highly doubt he is considering that, but I am sure somebody will post an article here from The Hill claiming he is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2024, 12:01:05 am »
I highly doubt he is considering that, but I am sure somebody will post an article here from The Hill claiming he is.

@Cyber Liberty

I always wait a few days to see exactly how things like this unfold. Trump isn't stupid. I wonder if he's baiting the media or the Dems. We'll see. I can't see his taking our SS and Medicare benefits away or reducing them. At least not those of us already partaking of those programs. It's possible he might want to restructure them for subsequent generations to keep them solvent, pulling money from another source. I have no idea, but I don't actually believe that Trump would shoot himself in the foot with the geezer generation 8 months from election day.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2024, 07:42:56 pm »
Congress has been floating the idea of a 25 % decrease in Social Security benefits coming around 2030, but as Congress and POTUS spend us blind, they may advance that ROBBING of the general population, who they have little to no respect for.

I say let's take away the golden parachute of Congress first.  No pensions after five years of service as it now stands, with full salary and all the increases Congress votes for itself.  Talk about abuse!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2024, 12:53:35 am »
@Kamaji - I recognized that thumb immediately!  So good to see you, sir.

@Lando Lincoln

Thanks!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2024, 02:19:56 am »
Outside of Trump's MAGA universe, he's not very well liked

@Jack Russell

That must be why nobody ever shows up at his rally's,huh? </S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2024, 03:33:06 am »
To his credit he always gets a good crowd. I may end up voting for the orange julius as well, as much as I hate to even think about it.

Take care Pete.

@Jack Russell

Sometimes (too often lately),we don't always get what we want. We get what is available,and have to make do with it. Anybody that can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils (IF that is your opinion of your viable options) is the only practical choice you  have.

AND.....,as an  extra added bonus,he can only serve ONE 4 year term. This gives us a 3 year breathing room to sort through and build support for whoever gets the nod to replace him in the next election cyle.

The mere FACT that he won't be running for re-election the instant he is sworn in is a bonus AFAIAC. He will be entirely focused on how he gets written about in the history books from Day One. And given Trump's ego,this is a VERY big thing. He wants nothing less than to go down in history as the President that "saved America",and he only has 4 years to do it.

Your only other option is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

How much sense does THAT make?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 03:41:58 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2024, 04:46:43 am »
@Jack Russell

Sometimes (too often lately),we don't always get what we want. We get what is available,and have to make do with it. Anybody that can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils (IF that is your opinion of your viable options) is the only practical choice you  have.

Exactly bass ackwards.
It's what you're voting *for*.
It's big government on the right.
If liberalism is on both the right and the left, then the battle has already been lost.
And you WILL get more of what you vote *for*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2024, 11:11:48 am »
Exactly bass ackwards.

@roamer_1

Yes,you  are.

Doing nothing accomplishes nothing,but you are one of those people who would rather do nothing and allow things to get worse,than to do ANYTHING positive that doesn't get you everything you want all at once.

But we have been having this argument for months now,so I am done wasting my  time trying to convince someone that wants all or nothing RIGHT DAMN NOW.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2024, 11:41:19 am »
@Jack Russell

That must be why nobody ever shows up at his rally's,huh? </S>

Most voters do no attend political rallies. And nobody can say for certainty that everyone who shows up at a political rally is a supporter of that candidate. Some may just show up out of curiosity. Some show up just to be disruptive

And Trump is somewhat of a celebrity even before he ran for president so there’s that attraction also

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2024, 06:28:11 pm »
@roamer_1

Yes,you  are.

Doing nothing accomplishes nothing,but you are one of those people who would rather do nothing and allow things to get worse,than to do ANYTHING positive that doesn't get you everything you want all at once.

But we have been having this argument for months now,so I am done wasting my  time trying to convince someone that wants all or nothing RIGHT DAMN NOW.

@sneakypete

Who wants everything right damn now?

I just want *NOT* historic spending and *NOT* funding liberals, and reasonable adherence to Conservative principles - Doing no harm.

That is *NOT* Tumpy.
Tumpy IS worse. The SAME worse as Bitem.
You're doing nothing.
You're voting for liberalism from the right.

I just won't help you.
I will do plenty. I have already. I have money in the game at the state level.
I will be voting - I just won't vote the top of the ticket.
Because at the top of the ticket, either choice is antithetical to Conservatism
Antithetical to my beliefs.

That's not 'doing nothing'.
That's voting my conscience.
Y'all are going the wrong damn way.
I will not go with you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2024, 04:21:39 am »
If we get a sample size of a 100, I'll repeat this poll every other month for trending purposes.  Until the election.

Still, at a Conservative Forum, and 85 votes in, 84% are not happy or enthused by the Trump candidacy. 

There were several primaries tonight, and I find it astounding that even a week after sewing it up Super Tuesday, that generally 15-25% of all GOP voters were still passionate enough and went to the trouble not to vote for DJT today.  I still think there is still an undercurrent of anger at him, and this does not appear to be a good sign for success  come November.

Here is how "other" fared against Trump tonight.

Arizona- 23.7%
Florida- 18.8%
Illinois- 19.7%
Kansas- 24.7%
Ohio20- 20.8%-
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:38:11 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2024, 01:18:36 pm »
Exactly bass ackwards.
It's what you're voting *for*.
It's big government on the right.
If liberalism is on both the right and the left, then the battle has already been lost.
And you WILL get more of what you vote *for*

@roamer_1

You really need to give this line of thinking a rest. It's judgmental on your part, especially in that you've heard the druthers from most of us. I'm going to try one last time to draw a parallel and hope that it registers.

I'm hungry. My stomach is growling, I'm feeling weak, and I need some sustenance. Fortunately, a food truck comes by. Unfortunately, it has only 2 options: A bowl of peas, and a bowl of beets. Hmmmm.... A hunger headache is setting in, and I've got to make a choice. Which one will it be? Well, duh! The one least objectionable, of course. It wasn't my first choice, but it was available.

Please, I'm begging you. Stop ragging on those who are casting their vote from a pragmatic position. We're not your enemy. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

• Technical
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2024, 01:37:03 pm »
If we get a sample size of a 100, I'll repeat this poll every other month for trending purposes.  Until the election.

Still, at a Conservative Forum, and 85 votes in, 84% are not happy or enthused by the Trump candidacy. 

There were several primaries tonight, and I find it astounding that even a week after sewing it up Super Tuesday, that generally 15-25% of all GOP voters were still passionate enough and went to the trouble not to vote for DJT today.  I still think there is still an undercurrent of anger at him, and this does not appear to be a good sign for success  come November.

Here is how "other" fared against Trump tonight.

Arizona- 23.7%
Florida- 18.8%
Illinois- 19.7%
Kansas- 24.7%
Ohio20- 20.8%-

If Trump does win in 2024, it will be because Biden is such an awful candidate. Had the Dems picked someone... anyone else, we'd be toast.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2024, 02:28:47 pm »
If Trump does win in 2024, it will be because Biden is such an awful candidate. Had the Dems picked someone... anyone else, we'd be toast.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Good to see you admitting that Trump is our! only hope of saving America

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2024, 08:27:39 pm »
@roamer_1

You really need to give this line of thinking a rest. It's judgmental on your part, especially in that you've heard the druthers from most of us. I'm going to try one last time to draw a parallel and hope that it registers.

No, @AllThatJazzZ , it's not judgemental in the least, beyond the bare fact that y'all are going the wrong way.

I'm hungry. My stomach is growling, I'm feeling weak, and I need some sustenance. Fortunately, a food truck comes by. Unfortunately, it has only 2 options: A bowl of peas, and a bowl of beets. Hmmmm.... A hunger headache is setting in, and I've got to make a choice. Which one will it be? Well, duh! The one least objectionable, of course. It wasn't my first choice, but it was available.

Meh. The sh*t sandwich vs. turd burger scenario. A fallacy proven over and over again.
And that kind of thinking is exactly what re-elects the single-most historic offender against Conservatism back to office. Halied as a 'conservative' no less. Maybe with a mandate. It would be hilarious if it were not so dire. And so damn stupid.

That thinking is why single-payer health care is still around and Republicans spend just as much as democrats. That is why there is still no damn fence on the southern border.
In your zeal to block your opposition, you will do ANYTHING to your own. You (Y'all) will throw anything and anyone right under the bus. And them azzoles know it. Anything goes.

To win against the Democrats, you sacrifice your own. What victory when you destroy the very things you're standing for? For years? For DECADES?

Please, I'm begging you. Stop ragging on those who are casting their vote from a pragmatic position. We're not your enemy.

It is not pragmatic in the least. It is capitulation over and over, and over again.
There's your hunger scenario...

You're very hungry, And a whole table is set before you, and you are promised you can have all you can eat.... And all you have to do is eat a little bite of your own. Just one little bite - You can choose which one you'll take it out of, and any cut will do.

And lets talk about ragging, hmmm? Here I am on one of the premiere Conservative sites. DEFENDING CONSERVATISM, and what I've got for it is nothing but 'ragging' FOR YEARS.

Every sort of vile epitaph. Every kind of motive assigned. You don't know ragging. Why do you think so few philosophical Conservatives remain here? Why do you think all the heavy hitters are gone?

We are supposed to be standing together around a set of principles. That's what we are supposed to be fighting for. Can you even name them? Can you tell me how many of them are sacrificed electing the moron king?

I often end with this tag:

Liberalism is not winning on its merit - It has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

That opposition is supposed to be us. The Right.
But liberalism is being ushered into the right, and y'all are voting FOR it.

And you want me to 'lighten up' and let you?
Hell no. I will be right here, yelling my ass off.
I am going to point right at it and spell it the hell out.
You are still gonna decide. It's your decision.
But you won't be able to say you didn't know better.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2024, 08:58:31 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ @roamer_1  (I've read comments and here's my two cents)

@AllThatJazzZ I haven't been aware of your posts till recently. @roamer_1 there is no doubt that you are a conservative, we go back awhile ... things sure as heck aren't getting any better and as you know TEA is not dead; perhaps minimized, but not dead. That's been an encouraging spot on the horizon, though dwindling.

We have an Obama stool pigeon in the WH and a past president that pushed us further into debt, let Fauci run things, and failed on many policies.  So .... as I continue to lean towards just voting down ballot, I see that the leftists still are doing everything to stop Trump which is a definite sign that they don't want him in, which to me is a sign that they know he could and he will undo as much of their agenda as possible.

The idiot in chief in the WH just signed an EO on EV vehicles and reduction in oil and perhaps the most frightening is he will attend a summit with the intent of the continuation of Obama's Millennium Global Poverty Act with the U.N.; basically allowing the UN emergency powers over the U.S.  So, I don't truly know if we'll even make it to November as IIRC the summit meets in September.

Absolutely nothing but destroying our Republic if we get another 4 years of DEMS. Trump had us energy independent, created jobs and had more people working and off food stamps than any other president in history.  He is now vowing to reverse Biden's EV mandate.  So perhaps weighing out the negatives now of Biden vs. negatives and positives of Trump in the past???

There is no doubt in my mind that we need a true conservative in the WH in order to truly swing the pendulum the other way. Allowing the DEMS  to remain in the WH we won't have to worry about seating another conservative because with all the illegals, stealing elections, etc., a conservative won't have a chance. and our Republic will fall.  I have no doubt -- it's hanging by a thin thread now. Yes, I am livid that Trumpy smeared DeSantis.  That was uncalled for and leaves great question in my mind.

Do we stop this country from bleeding a bit in the hopes of having time to overhaul the system or stand ground and just vote down ballot?  As stated before, another 4 years of Joe & Co., and I am confident that it will be mathematically impossible (other than a full fledged war and a new government inserted) to seat another GOP.

What to do???  @AllThatJazzZ I don't see the judgemental aspect but rather sticking to core beliefs and principles which at the end of the day, I think we all agree on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2024, 09:15:22 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ @roamer_1  (I've read comments and here's my two cents)

@AllThatJazzZ I haven't been aware of your posts till recently. @roamer_1 there is no doubt that you are a conservative, we go back awhile ... things sure as heck aren't getting any better and as you know TEA is not dead; perhaps minimized, but not dead. That's been an encouraging spot on the horizon, though dwindling.

We have an Obama stool pigeon in the WH and a past president that pushed us further into debt, let Fauci run things, and failed on many policies.  So .... as I continue to lean towards just voting down ballot, I see that the leftists still are doing everything to stop Trump which is a definite sign that they don't want him in, which to me is a sign that they know he could and he will undo as much of their agenda as possible.

The idiot in chief in the WH just signed an EO on EV vehicles and reduction in oil and perhaps the most frightening is he will attend a summit with the intent of the continuation of Obama's Millennium Global Poverty Act with the U.N.; basically allowing the UN emergency powers over the U.S.  So, I don't truly know if we'll even make it to November as IIRC the summit meets in September.

Absolutely nothing but destroying our Republic if we get another 4 years of DEMS. Trump had us energy independent, created jobs and had more people working and off food stamps than any other president in history.  He is now vowing to reverse Biden's EV mandate.  So perhaps weighing out the negatives now of Biden vs. negatives and positives of Trump in the past???

There is no doubt in my mind that we need a true conservative in the WH in order to truly swing the pendulum the other way. Allowing the DEMS  to remain in the WH we won't have to worry about seating another conservative because with all the illegals, stealing elections, etc., a conservative won't have a chance. and our Republic will fall.  I have no doubt -- it's hanging by a thin thread now. Yes, I am livid that Trumpy smeared DeSantis.  That was uncalled for and leaves great question in my mind.

Do we stop this country from bleeding a bit in the hopes of having time to overhaul the system or stand ground and just vote down ballot?  As stated before, another 4 years of Joe & Co., and I am confident that it will be mathematically impossible (other than a full fledged war and a new government inserted) to seat another GOP.

What to do???  @AllThatJazzZ I don't see the judgemental aspect but rather sticking to core beliefs and principles which at the end of the day, I think we all agree on.

In the end, none of it - NONE of it matters.
Y'all have no control over what they are gonna do, either way, no matter who wins.

THAT's the problem.

Y'all keep voting them azzoles back in! Fear of Democrats means *NO* consequences for Republicans.It don;t matter what they do or don't do... Y'all will vote em right back in there for fear of losing seats. So PAAAAAAARTAYYY!!! WOOO!!!

They've got your number. Your power is lost. Because you'll (y'all) sell your soul for a pittance... For a bowl of gruel.

The obvious answer is that they have to have consequences.
You have to rub their noses in it.

That is what desperately needs to happen.

And that is supposed to happen at the voting booth.

But the idiot king is all you got... and those who will kiss his ring.
No consequence in that at all.

So here we go again.

This time around remember that you don't get to control the Democrats. So more or less, it don't matter what they do, because you have no part in it.

BUT YOU DO have part in their supposed opposition. You CAN control the Right.
So what happens on the Right is all that really matters.

So what is happening on the right?
How do you control that and make consequences for actions that stick?