Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 35286 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2024, 01:44:49 pm »
Silly boy! You can't do it alone.  :tongue2:

I personally disagree with your convictions, but that's fine. I'm at the end of my life. I have no kids of my own. Just by virtue of my age, I won't be here to watch America crumble that much longer. I do feel terrible for the subsequent generations, but they have participated in their own undoing by throwing their vote away. I'm choosing not to carry the worry of that anymore. You can't stand in the way of a country that's in the process of destroying itself. Permanently.

It is because I have grandchildren that I draw hard lines.
I will bring you back to Reagan and the welding together of the Conservative Coalition.
We only win when we stand together.
I honor that to this day.
And I will till I die.

Throwing fiscal conservatives and libertarians under the bus is throwing me under the bus.
And you want me to vote *FOR* that?
Not a single chance in hell.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2024, 01:52:09 pm »
Silly boy! You can't do it alone.  :tongue2:

I personally disagree with your convictions, but that's fine. I'm at the end of my life. I have no kids of my own. Just by virtue of my age, I won't be here to watch America crumble that much longer. I do feel terrible for the subsequent generations, but they have participated in their own undoing by throwing their vote away. I'm choosing not to carry the worry of that anymore. You can't stand in the way of a country that's in the process of destroying itself. Permanently.

Other than two living sons (the youngest is 50) and no grands it's the exact same with me but I'll keep trying for as long as I have a heartbeat. @AllThatJazzZ
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2024, 02:17:14 pm »
2 here support Biden?  Seriously?

We have trolls here. Always have had them.

"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2024, 06:19:24 pm »
2 here support Biden?  Seriously?

I set the poll to allow lurkers to vote.  That could include du lurkers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2024, 06:32:22 pm »
I set the poll to allow lurkers to vote.  That could include du lurkers.

I hope that frosts their nutz.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2024, 01:12:45 am »
Look I hate the effin guy.  But I can't imagine another 4 years of dementia Joe hopped up on drugs to let his puppet masters ruin the country.

:thumbsup:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2024, 01:33:46 am »
@Kamaji - I recognized that thumb immediately!  So good to see you, sir.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2024, 01:44:06 am »
Sad as it is, I think that is correct @AllThatJazzZ but I will be voting for Donald Trump never-the-less.

Me too.....can't let Pops back in to finish the destruction of the US
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2024, 02:52:49 am »
I don't like Trump, can't vote for him... but I'll be damn if I would vote for Biden. Wasn't me is all I am saying.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2024, 04:21:57 am »
I'm with Sighlass.  Our State has given all of it's electoral votes to a Democrat only one time since Eisenhower's second term.  Even went for Goldwater in '64.  So I don't think our votes will be missed.

Trump still has an opportunity to win my vote.  But I'm not holding my breath.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2024, 10:03:49 am »
I'm with Sighlass.  Our State has given all of it's electoral votes to a Democrat only one time since Eisenhower's second term.  Even went for Goldwater in '64.  So I don't think our votes will be missed.

Trump still has an opportunity to win my vote.  But I'm not holding my breath.

If Trump wanted to win my vote, first he needs to admit his handling of COVID was wrong headed. I agreed with him when he restricted travel from China at the start of it but it went downhill from there. 

Then, he needs to come to terms with some kind of entitlement reform. Next, he needs to run a campaign based on the dire need to reduce the size of the federal government and why that’s better for freedom and prosperity. Next, tell me that you’re going to seek a Paul Vockler(sp) type for the Federal Reserve.

Dump the tariff nonsense. It didn’t work the first time he did it and it won’t work better the second time.

Oh, and admit the so called “Freedom Cities” was all a prank
What are the chances of even one of those I listed happening? Zilch
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 10:16:46 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 03:07:33 pm »
I'd look into third party but frankly, at least back in 2016 (last time I considered that), that was actually worse than Trump Hillary.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2024, 03:26:50 pm »
Riiiiiiiight. Because how much damage can the Dems do in a 4-year term?  :shrug:

I don't know, but I will no longer clean up behind the trumpers.  They have to start caring about secondary effects.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2024, 03:33:05 pm »
I know the poll is only a few days old, but the biggest shocker of all?:

57 votes in, and only 14% of particpants are enthusiastic about their Trump vote.  That's pretty remarkable since this is at a Conservative Forum.  This is just my take, but I think the entire GOP's support for Trump is a whole lot softer than he realizes.  This will hurt this November in GOTV, and 3rd party defections.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:00:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2024, 03:39:58 pm »

57 votes in, and only 14% of particpants are enthusiastic about their Trump vote.  That's pretty remarkable since this is at a Conservative Forum.  This just my take, but I think the entire GOP's support for Trump is a whole lot softer than he realizes.  This wil hurt this November in GOTV, and 3rd party defections.

Not surprising.

Name ONE actual Conservative principle that is served in this campaign that is not defied by the record.
Go ahead... I'll wait.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2024, 04:48:35 pm »

57 votes in, and only 14% of particpants are enthusiastic about their Trump vote.  That's pretty remarkable since this is at a Conservative Forum.  This is just my take, but I think the entire GOP's support for Trump is a whole lot softer than he realizes.  This will hurt this November in GOTV, and 3rd party defections.

With every thread being post after post declaring Trump the Antichrist, that is not surprising....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2024, 04:58:23 pm »
Outside of Trump's MAGA universe, he's not very well liked

True.  And I am not voting on Chief Pal.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2024, 05:30:35 pm »
With every thread being post after post declaring Trump the Antichrist, that is not surprising....

There is nothing new under the sun that can be said. Yet, we try.

Here is my “reality” (whatever that means): I am concerned about a Trump presidency but I fear a Biden presidency. In all probability, we will have one or the other. I pray this Republic can survive the next 4 years. I will not do anything to aid Biden.

So yes, I will vote Trump for a third time.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2024, 06:27:41 pm »
At this point in time, I’ll be voting down ticket. WAY down ticket as it appears our state has two icky options for governor.
On the bright side, the spend-happy state congressmen from my district are being challenged by some actual conservatives. Just because one lives in a “red” state, that does not mean it’s a conservative state.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2024, 06:45:19 pm »
Outside of Trump's MAGA universe, he's not very well liked

No, and he's had ample time to win people over. Well, I will say his minority appeal is shocking for a GOPer though. We'll see if they turn out for him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2024, 07:03:34 pm »
There is nothing new under the sun that can be said. Yet, we try.

Here is my “reality” (whatever that means): I am concerned about a Trump presidency but I fear a Biden presidency. In all probability, we will have one or the other. I pray this Republic can survive the next 4 years. I will not do anything to aid Biden.

So yes, I will vote Trump for a third time.

:yowsa: Me too! In the hope that it will allow us to fight another day.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2024, 07:06:19 pm »
At this point in time, I’ll be voting down ticket. WAY down ticket as it appears our state has two icky options for governor.
On the bright side, the spend-happy state congressmen from my district are being challenged by some actual conservatives. Just because one lives in a “red” state, that does not mean it’s a conservative state.

We are cleaning house in Texas this year @deb below is an account of just one County but it's happening all over.

https://twitter.com/Davy1836/status/1767217153520947587

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2024, 07:19:23 pm »
We are cleaning house in Texas this year @deb below is an account of just one County but it's happening all over.

https://twitter.com/Davy1836/status/1767217153520947587

That was interesting!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2024, 07:41:56 pm »
Politics should be run by average citizens IMO, NOT elites.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2024, 09:58:24 pm »
Politics should be run by average citizens IMO, NOT elites.

The mere idea of 'elites' is un-American.