Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 40480 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2024, 06:46:03 pm »
Didn't ping "moderators"...pinged OWNERSHIP!

And nowhere did I call for the silencing/censorship of anyone.

What sickens me is that too many good people in here...for one reason or another simply quit challenging the idiocy being spewed by your cult.

@sneakypete is insulted now on a daily basis.... @Right_in_Virginia comes back to try in a mature way and we read,

"...well look what the cat dragged in".

Other Briefers whom have commanded respect over the years don't even try to debate your idiotic nonsense...because they have been conditioned to act like "good Republicans".

....and just look at where that has brought us.  Eight months out and you're all still ragging on Donald J. Trump.

You deserve all the ridicule.

I’ve never insulted anybody because of their voting pattern or told them they were stupid. People have their reasons why they vote for candidates.

I’ll tell them why I disagree with them

However, I have seen plenty of times where you MAGAs throw out insults. How many times have we heard the comments “rude, orange man” directed at people who choose not to vote for Donald Trump

You really need to check your online temper tantrum

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:48:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2024, 06:51:32 pm »

....and just look at where that has brought us.  Eight months out and you're all still ragging on Donald J. Trump.

You deserve all the ridicule.

Baloney....  I guess you didn't see the results Tuesday night, where 20-25% of all GOP primary voters voted for "other, or other candidates".  This a whole week after DJT sewed up the nomination.  Think about it.....those are 25% who went out of their way to express disatisfaction with Trump, the candiate.

So don't gaslight us thinking we are outliers.  DJT might win, but don't be angry when the conservative GOTV results are underwhelming.  Ridicule?  Check a mirror.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2024, 06:58:55 pm »
If I recall, that particular poster told us in another thread, that those of us who are not  voting for Donald Trump should apologize to people like him

I don’t believe that voting for Donald Trump means you’re unprincipled. Nor do I believe that everybody who’s voting for Donald Trump are doing it because they believe he’s our only hope to save the country. In fact, I believe the “hold my nose” type is probably the more common type of Donald Trump voter.

But I look back at his record and his proposals and asked myself what I vote for a Democrat with that record. The answer would be no.

Donald Trump needs to be held to account for many of the things that he did that are having a lasting effect on this country just as much as Biden does.

But it appears that the same points are being repeated and this is getting kind of old.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:47:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2024, 07:00:37 pm »
There seems to be a lot of “Trump is our only chance to save America claims”  from many of his supporters

BS! It has been explained to you over and over again that most of us view voting for Trump as a holding action. NOT electing a savior!

But when you point out facts regarding his presidency, like you just did, they tell you you’re supposed to ignore that. All those Covid checks, and that Covid lockdown Trump had to do, you see, or the Democrats would get mad at him. But yet in the next breath will tell you all he’s gonna be the only one that’ll take on the left.

More bullshit! They killed my daughter with this COVID crap but I do not and will not blame Trump for something he had very little to no control over.

When you point out the fact that the groundwork  for the inflation we are experienced today was laid during his watch, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that Barack Obama deported more illegal immigrants on his watch than Trump did, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the damage that his tariffs cost to the economy, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that the Republican Party has basically been on a losing streak since Donald Trump got lucky in 2016 and that he has a lightning rod and a wonderful get out the vote target for the Democrat Party, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that it was Donald Trump, who appointed people like Christopher Wray and Miley, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the massive deficits and debt that was added under his watch so now we have to print money to finance the debt, they tell you to ignore that.

When you point out the protectionist tariffs and the spending he plans on doing if he’s reelected and the damage it will further do, they tell you to ignore that and that’s not important

The government and the swamp grew under Donald Trump. But we’re supposed to ignore that and believe that this time is going to be different

But yet, despite all the above, Trump is the guy that’s going to save the country and turn it around

Mind-boggling

Yes! It is mind boggling how little you, and others here, actually know about how the swamp works in reality.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:02:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2024, 07:14:25 pm »
BRAWL! ....****slapping.... RUMBLE! ....22222frying pan.... BRAWL! ....:chairbang:.... RUMBLE!

LIGHTEN UP, Y'ALL!!  wink777 :beer:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online libertybele

« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2024, 07:57:08 pm »
You've done a nice job why I am reluctantly voting for Trump.  Trump sucks and is a trojan horse liberal.   But another 4 years of Biden might just destroy this country.  Not a totally binary decison, as if anything I view Trump as just a speed bump slowing up our demise, until we can nominate a true conserative.

I have no doubt whatsoever that another 4 years of Brandon or any other DEM will completely destroy this Republic.

Right now, I'm concerned about the UN summit coming up in September and Joe allowing them to use emergency powers over the U.S. 

Trump acting as a speed bump?  Perhaps.  The pushback has to be significant enough that as many ILLEGALS as possible are deported and that they are NOT allowed to vote.  With that being stated, I expect that Brandon will allow all the ILLEGALS to vote--- if that happens, there is no way Trump or any other Republican is ever going to be seated in the WH again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2024, 07:58:03 pm »
@mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty

Thank you, @AllThatJazzZ

Just look at WTF has happened to this forum.

Will remain in lurk mode so as not to ruffle your feathers, but cannot remain silent any longer while you coddle these asswipes @roamer_1 , @LMAO , @Sighlass and @Hoodat

If you cannot tell the difference between the Republican Party and the Communist Democrat Party today....if you will not acknowledge that Donald Trump is the ONLY choice to save our Republic from the path on which it is on....then you all need to get brain scans.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to call all of you out.   You're all unprincipled Conservatives pretending to be Patriots.

Howdy @DCPatriot  happy77
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:59:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2024, 08:00:23 pm »
Interesting that a man who so values his opinions would accept defeat so easily.  It seems your choice is rooted more in a tantrum than a righteous principle.

But, know that as long as you're happy with your choice, I'm happy for you.   Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

Hey there @Right_in_Virginia  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2024, 09:06:52 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia comes back to try in a mature way and we read,

"...well look what the cat dragged in".

Waidaminnit.... THIS is 'trying in a mature way', @DCPatriot ?

Interesting that a man who so values his opinions would accept defeat so easily.  It seems your choice is rooted more in a tantrum than a righteous principle.

But, know that as long as you're happy with your choice, I'm happy for you.   Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

And btw... If my friend @Smokin Joe was gone a while and suddenly showed up, The very same 'Well lookey what the cat dragged in' would be used - In fact I dare say that has happened before.

So your whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air is all on you. There is no insult in it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 09:08:15 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2024, 09:15:56 pm »
There seems to be a lot of “Trump is our only chance to save America claims”  from many of his supporters

But when you point out facts regarding his presidency, like you just did, they tell you you’re supposed to ignore that. All those Covid checks, and that Covid lockdown Trump had to do, you see, or the Democrats would get mad at him. But yet in the next breath will tell you all he’s gonna be the only one that’ll take on the left.

When you point out the fact that the groundwork  for the inflation we are experienced today was laid during his watch, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that Barack Obama deported more illegal immigrants on his watch than Trump did, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the damage that his tariffs cost to the economy, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that the Republican Party has basically been on a losing streak since Donald Trump got lucky in 2016 and that he has a lightning rod and a wonderful get out the vote target for the Democrat Party, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that it was Donald Trump, who appointed people like Christopher Wray and Miley, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the massive deficits and debt that was added under his watch so now we have to print money to finance the debt, they tell you to ignore that.

When you point out the protectionist tariffs and the spending he plans on doing if he’s reelected and the damage it will further do, they tell you to ignore that and that’s not important

The government and the swamp grew under Donald Trump. But we’re supposed to ignore that and believe that this time is going to be different

But yet, despite all the above, Trump is the guy that’s going to save the country and turn it around

Mind-boggling

Yes it is. And I think it's why they disengaged and disappeared. It's indefensible, and there are enough here not willing to join the rah-rah team that remember, and are unafraid in this environment to raise the question.

Mindless discipleship is better suited for ToS, I'd suppose.

Online libertybele

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2024, 09:21:16 pm »
I think that the reality is that DJT is not going to win the general. I'm not quite understanding how anyone thinks with the current rate that they're letting in illegals, the upcoming UN global summit, Trump's assets being seized, the RNC low on money that he's going to win the general or that any of the GOP down ballot is going to win.

Heck, IMHO, they've already stolen the election -- it's just a question of who the DEMS are going to replace Joe with. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2024, 09:28:41 pm »
I think that the reality is that DJT is not going to win the general. I'm not quite understanding how anyone thinks with the current rate that they're letting in illegals, the upcoming UN global summit, Trump's assets being seized, the RNC low on money that he's going to win the general or that any of the GOP down ballot is going to win.

Heck, IMHO, they've already stolen the election -- it's just a question of who the DEMS are going to replace Joe with.

I don't know that they need to fix it... What with Tumpy controlling the RNC and likely to suck all the money out of downstream candidates - Especially those who won't kiss the ring.

If 20-30% of Republicans are choosing 'None of the Above' in Republican exit polling...
He's gonna play hell without a full quarter behind him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2024, 09:33:27 pm »
Yes it is. And I think it's why they disengaged and disappeared. It's indefensible, and there are enough here not willing to join the rah-rah team that remember, and are unafraid in this environment to raise the question.

Mindless discipleship is better suited for ToS, I'd suppose.

And yet they (Trumpers) want to come here to TBR and spread their $hit, thinking we are as unprincipled and stupid as their brethren wallowing away in their echo chambers.

Screw Trump and the Trumpers he rode in on!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online berdie

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2024, 09:34:07 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe the most under reported statistic during last Tuesday's GOP Primaries was the fact that 20-25% of voters voted for "others".  This despite Trump sewing up the nomination a full week earlier.   Think about that....  Up to one in four voters were passionate enough about it  to go out of their way,  make it to the polls, and send DJT a message that he isn't wanted.

No direct attempt to knock you off your soap box, but Trump , et. al. had to realze and understand that giving conservatives the middle finger wasn't without risk.  I know the sample size of this poll is small, but I do think that when a GOP nominee can only secure 17% of motivated enthusiastic supporters on any poll?  That has to be a red flag.

Big headline the day after might be the GOTV efforts by the GOP failed at the presidental level.

The one thing that surprised me when the primary voting results were posted for my (admittedly) small county was the number of voters that voted none of the above or for candidates no longer running. Yes, Trump still won but it sure wasn't by any stretch unanimous.

It appears this was pretty well nationwide. That doesn't sound like a good sign to me. Of course, these voters might change their vote to Trump in the general.  Or not. They could always vote down ticket and forego the top of the ticket.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 09:40:56 pm by berdie »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2024, 09:37:04 pm »

Trump will win Texas by a large margin, beyond that I have only my gut and it tells me that there are a great many holding their cards very close to their vests these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2024, 09:38:23 pm »

And yet they (Trumpers) want to come here to TBR and spread their $hit, thinking we are as unprincipled and stupid as their brethren wallowing away in their echo chambers.

He comes on here lamenting the supposed name calling while personally insulting members. You can't make that shit up :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

What he was trying to do is get this thread locked. I've seen that tactic, before

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2024, 09:38:27 pm »
I don't know that they need to fix it... What with Tumpy controlling the RNC and likely to suck all the money out of downstream candidates - Especially those who won't kiss the ring.

If 20-30% of Republicans are choosing 'None of the Above' in Republican exit polling...
He's gonna play hell without a full quarter behind him.

I agree with you @roamer_1 but at the end of the day we ALL are going to pay the price; very quickly our Republic WILL crumble. 

As for this upcoming election; you have much more confidence than I that we are going to make it another election.

I've stated this before but Joe is going to be attending the UN global summit in September and could very likely allow them governance over the U.S. under 'global emergency powers'.  There is nothing to prevent that, unless Congress comes up with a bill to stop him from doing so.  How many Congressmen are even paying attention?  Most are busy worrying about saving their Congressional seats rather than American hides.

Online libertybele

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2024, 09:46:17 pm »

He comes on here lamenting the supposed name calling while personally insulting members. You can't make that shit up :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

What he was trying to do is get this thread locked. I've seen that tactic, before

Seriously??? So, why continue to stir the pot?  @DCPatriot and @Right_in_Virginia are members also -- entitled to their opinions.

Hello -- we have much greater things to worry about then squabbling and pettiness.  This isn't a flippin' popularity contest -- the objective is trying to save our Republic.  We aren't exactly ahead in the game - right now the DEMS are winning and if they continue to win there won't be any coming back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to vote their conscience, period.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2024, 09:46:55 pm »
I agree with you @roamer_1 but at the end of the day we ALL are going to pay the price; very quickly our Republic WILL crumble. 

As for this upcoming election; you have much more confidence than I that we are going to make it another election.

I've stated this before but Joe is going to be attending the UN global summit in September and could very likely allow them governance over the U.S. under 'global emergency powers'.  There is nothing to prevent that, unless Congress comes up with a bill to stop him from doing so.  How many Congressmen are even paying attention?  Most are busy worrying about saving their Congressional seats rather than American hides.

All of the above just point to the rot in Republicans. And I really mean that. They are incapable of any real resistance, and likely in collusion with much of it.

And all the Tumpy campaign wants to do is shake their d*cks and a**es at the Democrats - Which only pisses them off, with nothing more following. No plan. No forbearance. no austerity. Just brylcreme and shiny shit.

It's a sh*t show, all the way around.

And laughable when they talk in terms of war.
Clowns.

Online libertybele

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2024, 09:47:49 pm »

The one thing that surprised me when the primary voting results were posted for my (admittedly) small county was the number of voters that voted none of the above or for candidates no longer running. Yes, Trump still won but it sure wasn't by any stretch unanimous.

It appears this was pretty well nationwide. That doesn't sound like a good sign to me. Of course, these voters might change their vote to Trump in the general.  Or not. They could always vote down ticket and forego the top of the ticket.

I agree with you @berdie it isn't a good sign - but I'm hoping that at least some of the dismal outlook is due to states with open primaries.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2024, 09:48:15 pm »

That's probably right.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:29 pm »

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2024, 09:51:49 pm »

I hope they DO vote down-ticket. I will. But for most, likely not. It will turn into low GOTV numbers.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2024, 09:58:27 pm »

So you can wallow in your echo chamber?  LMAO
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2024, 10:01:54 pm »
All of the above just point to the rot in Republicans. And I really mean that. They are incapable of any real resistance, and likely in collusion with much of it.

And all the Tumpy campaign wants to do is shake their d*cks and a**es at the Democrats - Which only pisses them off, with nothing more following. No plan. No forbearance. no austerity. Just brylcreme and shiny shit.

It's a sh*t show, all the way around.

And laughable when they talk in terms of war.
Clowns.

The rot of the Republican party -- I get that.  There is very little loyalty shown to their constituents who have voted them into office.  Unfortunately, it is way too late to vote them out of office.  The DEMS are in control, have been in control and will remain in control unless there is some sort of way to hold the line.

I certainly don't have the answers.  All I am saying is I just don't see any remedy at the ballot box. So in that aspect I believe you are correct; it doesn't matter. The DEMS have already won this game.

War?  Well, I foresee we are going to be defending our own lives and property, sooner rather than later.

If we see another election -- I will vote my conscience regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Lord God, Almighty, please stop the evilness that continues to prevail in this country.