Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 38248 times)

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2024, 02:29:32 pm »
@Bigun

WHO AM I VOTING FOR AND WHY?

I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.

I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for the continued growth of my retirement 401K and the stock market.

I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.

I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.

I'm voting for the Police to be respected once again and to ensure Law & Order.

I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I’m voting for our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over again to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.

I’m voting for secure borders and legal immigration.

I'm voting for the Military & the Veterans who fought for this Country to give the American people their freedoms.

I’m voting for continued peace progress in the Middle East.

I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.

I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.

I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored.

I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country.

I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms and their future.

Standing.....

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2024, 02:31:11 pm »
Screwed either way?  I've thought through that scenario too.

I can envision that sadly a violent revoltution is possible, and almost inevitable.  That or a modified "Atlas Shrugged" play, where society collapses under it's own ineptitude, and entitement slugs sucking dry the fruits of those who have contributed.

A collapsed society is EXACTLY what the left has been working toward for thirty years! See Cloward Piven.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2024, 02:33:09 pm »
Screwed either way?  I've thought through that scenario too.

I can envision that sadly a violent revoltution is possible, and almost inevitable.  That or a modified "Atlas Shrugged" play, where society collapses under it's own ineptitude, and entitement slugs sucking dry the fruits of those who have contributed.

I’m more optimistic. Not in the short term. But in the long term. And although I believe that violence is possible, I do not accept that it’s inevitable

You are right that we do have to put up with a lot of bullshit in the meantime. But the pendulum always swings. Even if it takes effort to do such. 

I don’t believe, for example, that most Americans hate each other, just because they are different race

I believe the American people are fair minded, decent people who want to advance in life and want that satisfaction of working for the chance to have a better life. I believe the American people are the most productive in the world, if government would get off their throats and not pay them to stay home

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:49:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2024, 02:36:29 pm »
In a scenario where we at least hold one of two....  House or Senate.  Obstructionism (like now) may be our only hope.  And if we can get both houses in both 2 year terms, Biden will be lame duck, Day 1.

And be willing to assert their obstruction powers, even if it means being attacked by the press
A Republican Congress fitting that description is what’s needed whether it be Biden or Trump.

So when Trump wants silly things like his baby bonuses or Biden wants another so-called inflation reduction act, hopefully they’ll be enough Republicans that say no to both

This is why I believe that if conservatives are not gonna vote the top of the ticket, they should show up to vote down ticket.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2024, 02:46:33 pm »
I hope we don't see any of that here..

I wish we didn't.  :shrug:

Online LMAO

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2024, 02:56:43 pm »
I wish we didn't.  :shrug:

I caught Bill O’Reilly show the other day and he said that this election is going to be the most divisive election in history

And he said that the best response to give to people is, this is America and people have a right to vote who they want.

It’s part of our nature to not understand why people don’t think the same way we do, and don’t view the world the same way we do. Trump may win and somehow govern in a way that would make Barry Goldwater proud. If he did that I will eat the fattest stinkiest crow in the world. The  record and his proposals now say otherwise. But miracles can happen.

Why this site is better than TOS is at TOS,  only pro Trump opinions are allowed. Echo chambers are no fun.

That’s all
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 03:42:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2024, 03:45:05 pm »
I caught Bill O’Reilly show the other day and he said that this election is going to be the most divisive election in history

And he said that the best response to give to people is, this is America and people have a right to vote who they want.

It’s part of our nature to not understand why people don’t think the same way we do, and don’t view the world the same way we do. Trump may win and somehow govern in a way that would make Barry Goldwater proud. If he did that I will eat the fattest stinkiest crow in the world. The  record and his proposals now say otherwise. But miracles can happen.

But I think at this point, peoples minds are pretty much made up. Telling people that they’re responsible for ruining the country because they don’t vote a certain way probably is not gonna change very many minds either.

Why this site is better than TOS is at TOS,  only pro Trump opinions are allowed. Echo chambers are no fun.

That’s all

@LMAO

Tell me about it. I was unceremoniously ZOTTED for, of all things, arguing against supporting Donald Trump. Class of '98. ZOT! Gone! Life is funny, eh?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2024, 04:05:46 pm »
There is just no accounting for stupidity,and "stupidity" isn't a strong enough  word for people who are content,and even brag  about sitting at home and allowing the left to complete it's take-over of America.

@sneakypete

Except when both candidates are from the left - Then there is no point. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
@catfish1957 's point is well taken.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2024, 04:34:52 pm »
Black Swan event 2024 and none of this matters anymore.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2024, 04:35:32 pm »
@roamer_1

OK, now that's just cute! "I'm not judgmental, but you're wrong!"  :silly: :silly: :silly:

@AllThatJazzZ
If I were to see you on the trail, knowing where you intend to go, and holler out that you're going the wrong way - That is considered 'judgemental'?

You really must be joking. At that definition, we can have no speech at all.

You say that electing Donald Trump will be ruinous for the Republican Party.

No. I don't give a sh*t for the Republican party. Don't care about it one way or another, except in its role as a vehicle for Conservatism, in which terms, The Republican party is a sh*tbox. If there were another such vehicle, I would prefer it immediately... And as such, my fondness at the polls for the CP.

So I have no trouble ruining the Republicans. Such an action would only accelerate another party which might have suitable zeal to rise up and actually fight the Democrats. A far better bet than Republicans, who have for years already fought with nothing but mumbled words.

I assume you know that electing Joe Biden will be ruinous for the republic. Hmmmm…. That would mean that you would choose to lose the nation for the sake of saving conservatism. Explain to me (one who’s too stupid to differentiate between the sandwich/burger fallacy) exactly how that order of ruination works out for us. Both as citizens of the USA and as conservatives. Please help those of us with lesser intellects by using simple language. I'll wait.

Your mistake is in the first sentence - Because electing either one is ruinous to this nation. BOTH are poison.

And thus, the obvious choice via the sandwich/burger argument is, as always, the deli down the street for a nice turkey and pastrami with swiss on a chabati roll... And let the chips fall where they may.

Because the differences are not very different.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:38:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2024, 04:43:14 pm »
A collapsed society is EXACTLY what the left has been working toward for thirty years! See Cloward Piven.

That's the point - There's been nothing stopping them. Including to this very day.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2024, 04:44:25 pm »
I’m more optimistic. Not in the short term. But in the long term. And although I believe that violence is possible, I do not accept that it’s inevitable

You are right that we do have to put up with a lot of bullshit in the meantime. But the pendulum always swings. Even if it takes effort to do such. 

I don’t believe, for example, that most Americans hate each other, just because they are different race

I believe the American people are fair minded, decent people who want to advance in life and want that satisfaction of working for the chance to have a better life. I believe the American people are the most productive in the world, if government would get off their throats and not pay them to stay home

That's right - And well balanced.

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2024, 05:17:59 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
If I were to see you on the trail, knowing where you intend to go, and holler out that you're going the wrong way - That is considered 'judgemental'?

You really must be joking. At that definition, we can have no speech at all.

No. I don't give a sh*t for the Republican party. Don't care about it one way or another, except in its role as a vehicle for Conservatism, in which terms, The Republican party is a sh*tbox. If there were another such vehicle, I would prefer it immediately... And as such, my fondness at the polls for the CP.

So I have no trouble ruining the Republicans. Such an action would only accelerate another party which might have suitable zeal to rise up and actually fight the Democrats. A far better bet than Republicans, who have for years already fought with nothing but mumbled words.

Your mistake is in the first sentence - Because electing either one is ruinous to this nation. BOTH are poison.

And thus, the obvious choice via the sandwich/burger argument is, as always, the deli down the street for a nice turkey and pastrami with swiss on a chabati roll... And let the chips fall where they may.

Because the differences are not very different.

It seems that you're addicted to squabbling. You know I was equating the Republican Party with conservatism. At least you should have. You can't even let that go without dispute.  **nononono*

More jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber...

Seriously, @roamer_1, you'd wear the hair off a buffalo's butt. I get that you love to argue, and to the degree that that means talking in circles, I can't won't do it. I'll step aside so you can carry on with the others. I'm done with our discussions concerning this issue. Have a great day.

P.S. Judgmental. Only one e. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2024, 05:36:49 pm »
It seems that you're addicted to squabbling. You know I was equating the Republican Party with conservatism. At least you should have. You can't even let that go without dispute.  **nononono*

@AllThatJazzZ
That equating is without merit.Conservatism and mere Republican-ism have not been equatable for a very long time. And no, I did not know your 'equating'. Two very different things.

By all means, you have a good day too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2024, 05:50:11 pm »

More jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber...

Seriously, @roamer_1, you'd wear the hair off a buffalo's butt. I get that you love to argue, and to the degree that that means talking in circles, I can't won't do it. I'll step aside so you can carry on with the others. I'm done with our discussions concerning this issue. Have a great day.

P.S. Judgmental. Only one e.

@mystery-ak  @Cyber Liberty

Thank you, @AllThatJazzZ

Just look at WTF has happened to this forum.

Will remain in lurk mode so as not to ruffle your feathers, but cannot remain silent any longer while you coddle these asswipes @roamer_1 , @LMAO , @Sighlass and @Hoodat

If you cannot tell the difference between the Republican Party and the Communist Democrat Party today....if you will not acknowledge that Donald Trump is the ONLY choice to save our Republic from the path on which it is on....then you all need to get brain scans.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to call all of you out.   You're all unprincipled Conservatives pretending to be Patriots.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2024, 05:55:20 pm »
Am getting sicker by the day at what is being done to our country.

And yet, TBR's current NT 'braintrust' is being elevated on pedestals...in the name of Freedom of Speech.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I am ashamed of all of you...many of you who I thought of as FAMILY.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2024, 05:58:03 pm »

Thank you, @AllThatJazzZ

Will remain in lurk mode so as not to ruffle your feathers, but cannot remain silent any longer while you coddle these asswipes @roamer_1 , @LMAO , @Sighlass and @Hoodat

If you cannot tell the difference between the Republican Party and the Communist Democrat Party today....if you will not acknowledge that Donald Trump is the ONLY choice to save our Republic from the path on which it is on....then you all need to get brain scans.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to call all of you out.   You're all unprincipled Conservatives pretending to be Patriots.

@DCPatriot

Make note of that with the thousands and thousands of small business owners destroyed by Tumpy's Covid plan... That very socialist plan. And tell me more about the difference.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2024, 06:03:45 pm »

And yet, TBR's current NT 'braintrust' is being elevated on pedestals...in the name of Freedom of Speech.

Despite your typical drive-by, in your typical style, nice to see you @DCPatriot  :seeya:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2024, 06:12:20 pm »

Sorry....  I am ashamed of nothing.  I've never voted for a democrat in my entire voting life.  (since 1975).  I've been a hard fast ultra Conservative, and I owe nothing to DJT.   Honestly this level of condescension is beneath you.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2024, 06:16:05 pm »

Thank you, @AllThatJazzZ

Perfect example of an online meltdown. Quite entertaining actually.

But this is what members of a cult look like.
Uncomfortable facts makes him anxious. Understandable. So what he wants is an echo chamber for his own comfort.

As you see,   because he’s not getting it, he’s lashing out

Notice how he pinged moderators first. he wants viewpoints that he doesn’t like silenced because he sees those as a micro aggression. Just like a university snowflake. happy77

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:29:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2024, 06:32:14 pm »
Notice how he pinged moderators first. he wants viewpoints that he doesn’t like silenced because he sees those as a micro aggression. Just like a university snowflake. happy77

Yes... Nothing quite like censorship coming from the right...  :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2024, 06:40:43 pm »

Didn't ping "moderators"...pinged OWNERSHIP!

And nowhere did I call for the silencing/censorship of anyone.

What sickens me is that too many good people in here...for one reason or another simply quit challenging the idiocy being spewed by your cult.

@sneakypete is insulted now on a daily basis.... @Right_in_Virginia comes back to try in a mature way and we read,

"...well look what the cat dragged in".

Other Briefers whom have commanded respect over the years don't even try to debate your idiotic nonsense...because they have been conditioned to act like "good Republicans".

....and just look at where that has brought us.  Eight months out and you're all still ragging on Donald J. Trump.

You deserve all the ridicule.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2024, 06:42:22 pm »
Didn't ping "moderators"...pinged OWNERSHIP!

And nowhere did I call for the silencing/censorship of anyone.

What sickens me is that too many good people in here...for one reason or another simply quit challenging the idiocy being spewed by your cult.

@sneakypete is insulted now on a daily basis.... @Right_in_Virginia comes back to try in a mature way and we read,

"...well look what the cat dragged in".

Other Briefers whom have commanded respect over the years don't even try to debate your idiotic nonsense...because they have been conditioned to act like "good Republicans".

....and just look at where that has brought us.  Eight months out and you're all still ragging on Donald J. Trump.

You deserve all the ridicule.

Two Words @DCPatriot

Bull shit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2024, 06:43:29 pm »
@DCPatriot

Make note of that with the thousands and thousands of small business owners destroyed by Tumpy's Covid plan... That very socialist plan. And tell me more about the difference.

There seems to be a lot of “Trump is our only chance to save America claims”  from many of his supporters

But when you point out facts regarding his presidency, like you just did, they tell you you’re supposed to ignore that. All those Covid checks, and that Covid lockdown Trump had to do, you see, or the Democrats would get mad at him. But yet in the next breath will tell you all he’s gonna be the only one that’ll take on the left.

When you point out the fact that the groundwork  for the inflation we are experienced today was laid during his watch, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that Barack Obama deported more illegal immigrants on his watch than Trump did, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the damage that his tariffs cost to the economy, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that the Republican Party has basically been on a losing streak since Donald Trump got lucky in 2016 and that he has a lightning rod and a wonderful get out the vote target for the Democrat Party, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out that it was Donald Trump, who appointed people like Christopher Wray and Miley, they tell you to ignore that

When you point out the massive deficits and debt that was added under his watch so now we have to print money to finance the debt, they tell you to ignore that.

When you point out the protectionist tariffs and the spending he plans on doing if he’s reelected and the damage it will further do, they tell you to ignore that and that’s not important

The government and the swamp grew under Donald Trump. But we’re supposed to ignore that and believe that this time is going to be different

But yet, despite all the above, Trump is the guy that’s going to save the country and turn it around

Mind-boggling

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2024, 06:44:43 pm »
Two Words @DCPatriot

Bull shit!

Realize you still have a problem between "Loose" and "Lose", but must point out that Bullsh*t is one word.   :beer: