Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 38628 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2024, 03:38:56 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well,they get to do their little "superiority dances" in front of their tv's on election night,happy because all that matters in the world is them being "pure" and everybody else being wrong.

Or so they think.

Nope. I will weep...  either way.
Another sad chapter will begin in the continuing destruction.

Online LMAO

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2024, 03:42:33 am »
Just because many of us are not voting for POTUS does not mean we're staying home

There's ballot initiatives to vote on, state races, down ticket races, ect ect
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2024, 04:05:08 am »
What principle supports exiting the arena when the fight is difficult and hope is fading @Sighlass

The ones exiting the arena are those who say that we mustn't rein in deficit spending because we might lose the next election if we do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2024, 04:06:05 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well,they get to do their little "superiority dances" in front of their tv's on election night,happy because all that matters in the world is them being "pure" and everybody else being wrong.

Or so they think.

Give me something to vote for that doesn't spit in my face Sparky. You have numerous times elaborated you don't care what folks do in their bedroom, how is that working out for everyone? Cultural rot is like black mold, you can not appease it by turning a blind eye to it, or in Trump's case, praising it.

“She gave a great answer, a very tough question – on transgender – just the question everybody wants to hear, and she gave a great answer and she really did a great job,” Trump said

Trump said this on Fox and Friends ... June 2012...

“It was a very cool answer,” added Trump. ..... “Her answer was a very intelligent answer and that’s one of the reasons I assume the judges picked her (Culpo)"

Give me a real conservative and I will vote for them. Otherwise you are wasting your breath pushing a poop sandwich (yes literally) I will not willingly partake.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2024, 04:07:04 am »
Nope. I will weep...  either way.
Another sad chapter will begin in the continuing destruction.

Well put Sir. Likewise
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2024, 04:17:13 am »
Give me something to vote for that doesn't spit in my face Sparky. You have numerous times elaborated you don't care what folks do in their bedroom, how is that working out for everyone? Cultural rot is like black mold, you can not appease it by turning a blind eye to it, or in Trump's case, praising it.

@Sighlass

Ahhh,a morality Nazi!

Please tell us all what types of sex we can enjoy,who  we can enjoy them with,and where we can buy  the permits to have sex.
Give me a real conservative and I will vote for them. Otherwise you are wasting your breath pushing a poop sandwich (yes literally) I will not willingly partake

Horse Hillary! You are a morality Nazi who thinks you have the right to determine how FREE Americans live their private lives.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2024, 04:35:00 am »

A Right that no longer clamors for small government and balanced budgets is the fading hope and difficult fight.

And without that fight won first on the right. MThe fight is already lost.

Interesting that a man who so values his opinions would accept defeat so easily.  It seems your choice is rooted more in a tantrum than a righteous principle.

But, know that as long as you're happy with your choice, I'm happy for you.   Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2024, 04:48:53 am »
Give me something to vote for that doesn't spit in my face Sparky. You have numerous times elaborated you don't care what folks do in their bedroom, how is that working out for everyone? Cultural rot is like black mold, you can not appease it by turning a blind eye to it

Alrighty --- thanks. 

While  "A Cop in Every Bedroom" is a tough political slogan to sell to the masses; you just might be the one to breathe power into it. 🤞

Online roamer_1

« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2024, 06:50:49 am »
Interesting that a man who so values his opinions would accept defeat so easily.  It seems your choice is rooted more in a tantrum than a righteous principle.

But, know that as long as you're happy with your choice, I'm happy for you.   Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

I have accepted no defeat. You didn't read me well.

I will not help liberalism gain a foothold in the Right... Which means I am against you.
Yes, the presidency is lost either way. That fight is already over.
I have no dog in that hunt anymore.

So I will bend my efforts elsewhere.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2024, 06:52:59 am »
@Sighlass

Ahhh,a morality Nazi!

Please tell us all what types of sex we can enjoy,who  we can enjoy them with,and where we can buy  the permits to have sex..

Don't worry. The Democrats are doing that for you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2024, 12:13:11 pm »
Don't worry. The Democrats are doing that for you.

"Morality Nazi"??   :silly: 

Didn't think he could exceed the silliness of his venacular fixation of "rich, rude, and orange"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2024, 12:31:32 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe the most under reported statistic during last Tuesday's GOP Primaries was the fact that 20-25% of voters voted for "others".  This despite Trump sewing up the nomination a full week earlier.   Think about that....  Up to one in four voters were passionate enough about it  to go out of their way,  make it to the polls, and send DJT a message that he isn't wanted.

No direct attempt to knock you off your soap box, but Trump , et. al. had to realze and understand that giving conservatives the middle finger wasn't without risk.  I know the sample size of this poll is small, but I do think that when a GOP nominee can only secure 17% of motivated enthusiastic supporters on any poll?  That has to be a red flag.

Big headline the day after might be the GOTV efforts by the GOP failed at the presidental level.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:20:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2024, 01:45:32 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe the most under reported statistic during last Tuesday's GOP Primaries was the fact that 20-25% of voters voted for "others".  This despite Trump sewing up the nomination a full week earlier.   Think about that....  Up to one in four voters were passionate enough about it  to go out of their way,  make it to the polls, and send DJT a message that he isn't wanted.

@catfish1957

There is just no accounting for stupidity,and "stupidity" isn't a strong enough  word for people who are content,and even brag  about sitting at home and allowing the left to complete it's take-over of America.

Meanwhile,you just go ahead and be happy sitting in your house (yours for the time being,anyhow) and doing your little superiority dances" and patting each other on the back for contributing to "Rome Burning".

Sticking a knife in your eye to spite your face has never seemed like a clever idea to me,but if it works for you,go for it.

Tell me,are you going to throw a big party to celebrate if the GOP loses?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:48:54 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2024, 01:49:39 pm »

@sneakypete

Hey numb nuts.....  I voted on this poll as "Trump-holding nose".  Think before making unfounded accusations.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2024, 01:56:21 pm »
@sneakypete

Hey numb nuts.....  I voted on this poll as "Trump-holding nose".  Think before making unfounded accusations.

@catfish1957

I can only offer my sincere apologies.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2024, 01:57:41 pm »
@catfish1957

I can only offer my sincere apologies.

No problem...  Sorry I vented off.   :beer:

Online LMAO

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2024, 02:03:11 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

No direct attempt to knock you off your soap box, but Trump , et. al. had to realze and understand that giving conservatives the middle finger wasn't without risk.  I know the sample size of this poll is small, but I do think that when a GOP nominee can only secure 17% of motivated enthusiastic supporters on any poll?  That has to be a red flag.

Big headline the day after might be the GOTV efforts by the GOP failed at the presidental level.

Biden has his own problems also with his base and it’s over Israel versus Hamas

But it’s about the issues. Some  of Trump supporters have created a fantasy about things like “he cares about how he looks in the history books,” which they never really defined what that means, except a lot of vague concepts, like “taking on the left”  but it’s ultimately the policy positions and the record that gives an insight of how they would and have govern, and that has  the greatest impact.

Trump’s legal issues have nothing to do with inflation and the border. Emotional voting never works. People did that in 2008 and it didn’t work out very well.

There was a report recently posted another thread of how devastating policies around Covid were. Both men who have responsibility in that want to have another chance to do it again. If Biden deserves criticism for the way he handled Covid, and he most certainly does, then Trump needs to be held accountable likewise

On inflation, Trump and Biden, see eye to eye. They both have no problem with massive deficits that require more currency printing to cover them. Until there’s a real effort at serious  spending cuts, inflation is here to stay

On the border, there is a big difference between Biden and Trump, but not a lot of difference between Obama and Trump

On monetary policy, both Trump and Biden are the same

On the role of the federal government, both tend to believe in a more robust federal government.

On the economy, Trump is better on the regulatory front, but would offset that with more protectionist tariffs. I haven’t heard Biden say much about tariffs, but Biden also favors more regulations. So on the economy, it’s a draw.

On crime, Trump went to the left of Biden. In case some have forgotten Trump attacked Biden for the 1994 crime bill and criticized Biden for once calling criminals superpredators. That’s the kind of stuff you hear from AOC.

On judges, Trump would appoint more conservative judges than Biden would. For God’s sake, the woman Biden appointed to the Supreme Court recently lamented the fact that the first amendment hamstrings the government from controlling speech. You couldn’t get dumber than that.

On domestic energy development, Trump.

On free speech… Trump wants to go after news organizations that he feels are “unfair” to him and Biden at attempted to appoint the so-called disinformation czar

On foreign policy, Biden’s weakness has made the world into a more dangerous place.

On bailouts, both Biden and Trump are on board

IMO, our fiscal and monetary situation is the biggest threat facing this country long-term. And it ties into everything else. And both top of their tickets candidates are horrible on this issue.

I understand there’s that rush of watching liberal heads explode on election night should Trump win and I admit that I would be also curious to see how they react which is going to be pretty predictable. But then there’s governing after that. Trump still believes that he handled Covid just fine. But so does Biden.

So whether one is holding their nose and voting for Trump, or think Trump’s the best thing since Jesus Christ, the results of his policies are and will be the same. If we go into a trade war that trigger some kind of economic calamity, or are we go in to some kind of fiscal crisis due to his overspending and huge deficits, whether one held their nose or enthusiastically voted for him, doesn’t matter. The results are the same.

Taking on the left has to be more than calling them mean names, and making them mad on MSNBC
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:11:24 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2024, 02:10:22 pm »
You've done a nice job why I am reluctantly voting for Trump.  Trump sucks and is a trojan horse liberal.   But another 4 years of Biden might just destroy this country.  Not a totally binary decison, as if anything I view Trump as just a speed bump slowing up our demise, until we can nominate a true conserative.

Online LMAO

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2024, 02:14:34 pm »
You've done a nice job why I am reluctantly voting for Trump.  Trump sucks and is a trojan horse liberal.   But another 4 years of Biden might just destroy this country.  Not a totally binary decison, as if anything I view Trump as just a speed bump slowing up our demise, until we can nominate a true conserative.

A true conservative would have trouble getting elected in the general election, even in the best of conditions. Even Ronald Reagan in 1980 had to be really convincing and he struggled early on in that campaign season

But it’s less likely with Donald Trump as president again. Donald Trump is the best get out the vote issue the Democrats have. If Donald Trump were to win, what would follow him as a Democrat that could get potentially eight years. And it could very well be a Bernie Sanders type.

Then we are really screwed

I can appreciate the reasoning of people who are holding their nose for Donald Trump because I believe those are the kind of voters that will have no problem holding him accountable and being critical when need versus the true blue MAGAs

But the results are the same. Whether it’s Biden, putting us into an inflationary economy or Trump, the results are the same. And I doubt the American people will love inflation more under Trump than they do under Biden.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:18:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2024, 02:15:45 pm »
@roamer_1

No, @AllThatJazzZ , it's not judgemental in the least, beyond the bare fact that y'all are going the wrong way.

OK, now that's just cute! "I'm not judgmental, but you're wrong!"  :silly: :silly: :silly:

No, @AllThatJazzZ , it's not judgemental in the least, beyond the bare fact that y'all are going the wrong way.

Meh. The sh*t sandwich vs. turd burger scenario. A fallacy proven over and over again.
And that kind of thinking is exactly what re-elects the single-most historic offender against Conservatism back to office. Halied as a 'conservative' no less. Maybe with a mandate. It would be hilarious if it were not so dire. And so damn stupid.

That thinking is why single-payer health care is still around and Republicans spend just as much as democrats. That is why there is still no damn fence on the southern border.
In your zeal to block your opposition, you will do ANYTHING to your own. You (Y'all) will throw anything and anyone right under the bus. And them azzoles know it. Anything goes.

To win against the Democrats, you sacrifice your own. What victory when you destroy the very things you're standing for? For years? For DECADES?

It is not pragmatic in the least. It is capitulation over and over, and over again.
There's your hunger scenario...

You're very hungry, And a whole table is set before you, and you are promised you can have all you can eat.... And all you have to do is eat a little bite of your own. Just one little bite - You can choose which one you'll take it out of, and any cut will do.

And lets talk about ragging, hmmm? Here I am on one of the premiere Conservative sites. DEFENDING CONSERVATISM, and what I've got for it is nothing but 'ragging' FOR YEARS.

Every sort of vile epitaph. Every kind of motive assigned. You don't know ragging. Why do you think so few philosophical Conservatives remain here? Why do you think all the heavy hitters are gone?

We are supposed to be standing together around a set of principles. That's what we are supposed to be fighting for. Can you even name them? Can you tell me how many of them are sacrificed electing the moron king?

I often end with this tag:

Liberalism is not winning on its merit - It has no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

That opposition is supposed to be us. The Right.
But liberalism is being ushered into the right, and y'all are voting FOR it.

And you want me to 'lighten up' and let you?
Hell no. I will be right here, yelling my ass off.
I am going to point right at it and spell it the hell out.
You are still gonna decide. It's your decision.
But you won't be able to say you didn't know better.

Jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber ad nauseum....

Meh. The sh*t sandwich vs. turd burger scenario. A fallacy proven over and over again.
And that kind of thinking is exactly what re-elects the single-most historic offender against Conservatism back to office. Halied as a 'conservative' no less. Maybe with a mandate. It would be hilarious if it were not so dire. And so damn stupid.

You say that electing Donald Trump will be ruinous for the Republican Party. I assume you know that electing Joe Biden will be ruinous for the republic. Hmmmm…. That would mean that you would choose to lose the nation for the sake of saving conservatism. Explain to me (one who’s too stupid to differentiate between the sandwich/burger fallacy) exactly how that order of ruination works out for us. Both as citizens of the USA and as conservatives. Please help those of us with lesser intellects by using simple language. I'll wait.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2024, 02:19:09 pm »
A true conservative would have trouble getting elected in the general election, even in the best of conditions.

UNLESS we stop listening to the folks in the media echo chamber we will never see another conservative in the WH.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2024, 02:22:48 pm »
You've done a nice job why I am reluctantly voting for Trump.  Trump sucks and is a trojan horse liberal.   But another 4 years of Biden might just destroy this country. Not a totally binary decison, as if anything I view Trump as just a speed bump slowing up our demise, until we can nominate a true conserative.

@catfish1957

I'm curious about your use of "might" in that statement. Can you tell me which of Biden's disastrous policies we will be able to survive if he (or a Dem) gets another 4 years?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2024, 02:23:00 pm »
A true conservative would have trouble getting elected in the general election, even in the best of conditions. Even Ronald Reagan in 1980 had to be really convincing and he struggled early on in that campaign season

But it’s less likely with Donald Trump as president again. Donald Trump is the best get out the vote issue the Democrats have. If Donald Trump were to win, what would follow him as a Democrat that could get potentially eight years. And it could very well be a Bernie Sanders type.

Then we are really screwed

I can appreciate the reasoning of people who are holding their nose for Donald Trump because I believe those are the kind of voters that will have no problem holding him accountable and being critical when need versus the true blue MAGAs

Screwed either way?  I've thought through that scenario too.

I can envision that sadly a violent revoltution is possible, and almost inevitable.  That or a modified "Atlas Shrugged" play, where society collapses under it's own ineptitude, and entitement slugs sucking dry the fruits of those who have contributed.

Online LMAO

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2024, 02:26:36 pm »
UNLESS we stop listening to the folks in the media echo chamber we will never see another conservative in the WH.

The people who are ultimately going to rise out of these ashes are going to be the red state governors

For example, there was a thread of how the Alabama governor dumped DEI’s in the universities. Bravo

And it was many of these red state Republican governors that didn’t go along with the Covid narrative, and took lots of barbs from not only the media and Democrats, but even President Trump himself, and they turned out to be the right ones

And states like California, and New York, are going to have to one day decide if they want their states to be growing, thriving states. or do they want to continue the path that they’re on?

This prosecutor in New York may be patting herself on the back how she “got Trump.” But now I see investors are leaving the state and the city because they don’t wanna be next. And I don’t blame them.

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2024, 02:27:33 pm »
@catfish1957

I'm curious about your use of "might" in that statement. Can you tell me which of Biden's disastrous policies we will be able to survive if he (or a Dem) gets another 4 years?

In a scenario where we at least hold one of two....  House or Senate.  Obstructionism (like now) may be our only hope.  And if we can get both houses in both 2 year terms, Biden will be lame duck, Day 1.