Author Topic: Sununu says he’ll support Trump, but stands by past criticism  (Read 163 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sununu says he’ll support Trump, but stands by past criticism
by Caroline Vakil - 03/08/24 1:36 PM ET

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) said during an interview on Thursday that he would support Donald Trump as the GOP nominee but was unapologetic about his past criticism of the former president.

Speaking with WMUR’s Adam Sexton, Sununu was asked if it is safe to assume he would be enthusiastic supporter of Trump heading into November as the 2024 White House race is set to be a rematch between him and President Biden.

Sununu had endorsed Trump rival and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley in the GOP primary, but she dropped out on Wednesday.

“I’m going to support the ticket. I’m going to support Donald Trump, but my focus is definitely going to be here in the state,” he said.

Sexton noted that Sununu had previously called Trump a “loser” and jabbed the 77-year-old about his age.

“Look, I don’t take any of that back, to be sure,” Sununu said. “But again, understand this is an alternative. I mean, the alternative is Biden. And I think where folks are seeing a lack of management, a lack of understanding what’s happening with immigration, a lack of fiscal responsibility.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4519395-sununu-trump-haley-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34