State Chapters > California

California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
 California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades
by Julia Mueller - 03/06/24 10:52 AM ET

California won’t have a female senator for the first time in three decades after two men advanced on Super Tuesday to the general election for the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s (D) seat.

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff and Republican Steve Garvey emerged from the Golden State’s nonpartisan primary on Tuesday, in which the top two vote-getters move on, regardless of party affiliation.

Schiff had appeared to push for a race with the Republican to set himself up for an easier partisan contest in the blue stronghold state, and the Super Tuesday results boxed out two progressive Democratic lawmakers, Reps. Katie Porter and Barbara Lee.

Both candidates fell short of the top-two slots, meaning the Golden State next year won’t have a woman in the upper chamber — a first in decades.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4512743-california-female-senator-schiff-garvey/

SZonian:
Like it matters?
Clutching my pearls and looking for a fainting couch because it's "women's history month"... :smokin:

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: SZonian on March 06, 2024, 04:13:36 pm ---Like it matters?
Clutching my pearls and looking for a fainting couch because it's "women's history month"... :smokin:

--- End quote ---

Do you think Garvey stands a chance?

Wingnut:
Not to worry.  This is a state that can't define what a female/Women is.  So they can just elect a Tranny next time around and call it even Stephen or Stevie if you prefer..

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on March 06, 2024, 04:15:29 pm ---Do you think Garvey stands a chance?

--- End quote ---

I would be surprised if Garvey gets >40% of the November vote.

Both Schifftyroo and Batgirl-Wannabe made Hitlerizing Trump-supporting Garvey and Early their strategy. Batgirl-Wannabe went after Early while Schifftyroo went after Garvey. I wonder if Batgirl-Wannabe hoped their one-two Hitlerization punches would net her second place, putting her and Schifftyroo on the November ballot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version