Author Topic: Based Pastor: Let me ask you one question about Pres. Trump  (Read 632 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Based Pastor: Let me ask you one question about Pres. Trump
« on: March 03, 2024, 01:28:53 pm »
Trump haters: Please spare us the hackneyed insults and try to hear this as Republican values vs Democrat values.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sFqU5012w

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Based Pastor: Let me ask you one question about Pres. Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 03:00:51 pm »
Hoping for a 3rd party candidate worthy of voting for and not against...   

Hey, a guy can dream, right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 03:01:02 pm »
Indeed....what would Jesus do?

Pray for Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 03:20:02 pm »
Focus on what is right and just in accordance with HIS will; obey his commandments, ask for forgiveness and beg for HIS mercy on this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 03:21:05 pm »
Pray for Trump.

Prayers up for President Trump that he may do what is right for this country.  Prayers also for his safety and the safety of his family.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 06:01:38 pm »
I cannot in good conscience vote FOR a person who is so vile (Trump).  Now if there was a place on the ballot to vote AGAINST Joe Biden, I'd do it in a heart beat. 

Years ago people wore wrist bands that read, WWJD (What Would Jesus Do).  And since Christians are growing in Christ daily, indeed....what would Jesus do?

I give up. There's no conversation to be had outside of the I-hate-Trump circle. Looks like TDS strikes both sides equally. I'm done.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 09:01:31 pm »
I give up. There's no conversation to be had outside of the I-hate-Trump circle. Looks like TDS strikes both sides equally. I'm done.

Well, for starters, trick question... He passed no law against the Bible (the supposition), because he passed no law *at all*.

But he DID pass law in those porkulous bills he signed, chocked FULL of liberal toys. He literally financed every single thing the left wanted. So his question fails at the second level of inquiry, with but a thin veil of covering.

Shall we talk about the amazing disconnect of this preacher - Him BEING as ignorant as those he's accusing?

Or shall we talk about the amazing icon Tumpy represents - So shining in it's glory - when really it is the exact opposite. The man touted as the shining savior of the right in actuality advances the left - And this poor bastard (the preacher in the OP) is buffaloed by it...

He's absolutely right that evil rises on the left. Plain to see.
What he ignorantly believes is that he is raising up a defense against it... Like so many other poor bastards, blind in their hope... When in reality, they are letting it in the gate.

Liberalism is not winning on its merit -- It as no merit.
Liberalism is winning because it has no opposition.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 09:08:18 pm »
Liberalism is not winning on its merit -- It as no merit.

↑   ↑   ↑   ↑
   T   H   I   S
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 09:09:53 pm »
Well, for starters, trick question... He passed no law against the Bible (the supposition), because he passed no law *at all*.

But he DID pass law in those porkulous bills he signed, chocked FULL of liberal toys. He literally financed every single thing the left wanted. So his question fails at the second level of inquiry, with but a thin veil of covering.

:amen:

And that hits the nail right on the head.  MAGA is not opposition to big government - it is big government.  And as long as MAGA is the dominant strain of Republican politics, it is impossible for the limited government opposition to gain traction.  MAGA has to be defeated so leftism has to face true opposition.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 09:16:53 pm »
Preach it, Bruh!  Preach it!

The dude is correct.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 09:17:40 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 09:26:23 pm »

↑   ↑   ↑   ↑
   T   H   I   S

Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and certainly won't work in the future.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 09:28:12 pm »
Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and certainly won't work in the future.

Which makes the failure to offer something in its place even more pathetic.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2024, 10:14:36 pm »
:amen:

And that hits the nail right on the head.  MAGA is not opposition to big government - it is big government.  And as long as MAGA is the dominant strain of Republican politics, it is impossible for the limited government opposition to gain traction.  MAGA has to be defeated so leftism has to face true opposition.

There it is right there. Damn straight.

I don't give two sh*ts about anything Tump.
I care about raising up a defense. A mighty bullwark, complete with buttresses and men lining the walls, ready with pitch, ready with arrows, ready with hard steel.

I am interested in damn hard lines.
In "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"

None of that is Tumpy. None. He's one of em.
But folks are mesmerized by the 'big show'

And he gives em a kewpie doll now and then, and tells em they're winning...
At the same time that he signs away trillions of our grandchildren's dollars to finance the LEFT.

It drives me crazy that so many will not see.
But it certainly informed me about sheep, and pied pipers, to mix the metaphors.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2024, 10:19:05 pm »
There it is right there. Damn straight.

I don't give two sh*ts about anything Tump.
I care about raising up a defense. A mighty bullwark, complete with buttresses and men lining the walls, ready with pitch, ready with arrows, ready with hard steel.

I am interested in damn hard lines.
In "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"

Hat Tip to Gandalf

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 10:25:55 pm »
Hat Tip to Gandalf

Uh-oh... My geek is showing.
Sorry about that.  happy77

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2024, 10:29:19 pm »
No need to apologize.  When I heard that line in the theatre, I followed it by uttering out loud "In the name of Jesus!"

And I wasn't the only one.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2024, 11:13:23 pm »
Jazz howls out the refrain:
"I give up. There's no conversation to be had outside of the I-hate-Trump circle. Looks like TDS strikes both sides equally."

Put up by me in another thread a couple of days ago:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,525655.msg2983225.html#msg2983225

On display right here, in THIS thread.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 01:25:16 pm »
Jazz howls out the refrain:
"I give up. There's no conversation to be had outside of the I-hate-Trump circle. Looks like TDS strikes both sides equally."

Put up by me in another thread a couple of days ago:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,525655.msg2983225.html#msg2983225

On display right here, in THIS thread.

@Fishrrman

I've come to understand the error of my ways. I can, in no way, measure up to their intellectual and moral superiority. Even Thomas Sowell with his oft-celebrated intellect will eventually have to acquiesce to it. Having been put in my place, I can now move forward with my life.