Author Topic: JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning  (Read 4226 times)

Online libertybele

Re: JUST IN: Supreme Court Sets Unusual Opinion Release For Monday Morning
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2024, 03:03:40 pm »
Conway: SCOTUS Reverse on Trump Ballot Ban Incoherent, ‘Shoddy Legal Work All Around’

Attorney George Conway said Monday on CNN’s “The Source” that the Supreme Court unanimously overturning a Colorado Supreme Court ruling that disqualified former President Donald Trump from the ballot was “shoddy legal work all around by all the justices.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/04/conway-scotus-reverse-on-trump-ballot-ban-incompetent-shoddy-legal-work-all-around/

Ramaswamy warns liberal justices 'buying political latitude' with 9-0 ruling as more Trump cases lie ahead

After the decision was handed down, Ramaswamy echoed Trump's belief that it represented a "case of national unity," and that the United States cannot essentially be united if a "patchwork" of states can make unilateral decisions about a national candidate's eligibility beyond the typical age and tenure statutes.

"That doesn't work if we're one nation. So that's what this case was really about," he said. "I do think that this is not just about President Trump, but about the future unity of our country itself. And the Supreme Court, 9-0, came down on the right side of that question."

Of the concurrence written by the three liberal justices, Biden appointee Ketanji Brown Jackson and Obama appointees Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, Ramaswamy said the subtext therein is that the bench is "buying themselves some political latitude to say there's going to be other Trump related cases that come before the Supreme Court now."

I'm not a van of Ramsy's but he does make some very valid points. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ramaswamy-liberal-justices-buying-political-latitude-9-0-ruling-trump-cases-lie-ahead
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2024, 03:07:07 pm »
Ramaswamy warns liberal justices 'buying political latitude' with 9-0 ruling as more Trump cases lie ahead

After the decision was handed down, Ramaswamy echoed Trump's belief that it represented a "case of national unity," and that the United States cannot essentially be united if a "patchwork" of states can make unilateral decisions about a national candidate's eligibility beyond the typical age and tenure statutes.

"That doesn't work if we're one nation. So that's what this case was really about," he said. "I do think that this is not just about President Trump, but about the future unity of our country itself. And the Supreme Court, 9-0, came down on the right side of that question."

Of the concurrence written by the three liberal justices, Biden appointee Ketanji Brown Jackson and Obama appointees Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, Ramaswamy said the subtext therein is that the bench is "buying themselves some political latitude to say there's going to be other Trump related cases that come before the Supreme Court now."

I'm not a van of Ramsy's but he does make some very valid points. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ramaswamy-liberal-justices-buying-political-latitude-9-0-ruling-trump-cases-lie-ahead

As matters of law, there is no doubt as to the outcome of those cases should be but with John Roberts involved, I'll not be making any bets.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2024, 03:16:24 pm »
As matters of law, there is no doubt as to the outcome of those cases should be but with John Roberts involved, I'll not be making any bets.

Same here.  I have zero confidence that he will rule as he should.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.