Author Topic: Ted Cruz Stung by New Texas Poll  (Read 500 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz Stung by New Texas Poll
« on: March 02, 2024, 07:09:16 pm »
Ted Cruz Stung by New Texas Poll
Published Mar 01, 2024 at 11:48 AM EST
Updated Mar 02, 2024 at 10:37 AM EST

Republican Ted Cruz is neck and neck with his expected Democratic challenger in the race for the Texas Senate seat, according to a poll.

A University of Texas at Tyler (UTT) survey found that incumbent Cruz and Texas Representative Colin Allred, the current frontrunner to be Democratic challenger in November's Senate election, are both tied on 41 percent when potential voters are asked who they may support in the race, with 12 percent saying they are still unsure.

In 2018, Cruz won re-election to the Texas Senate seat following a fiercely competitive race with former Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke by just over 2.6 points. Ahead of November's elections, Cruz warned Republican voters in Texas that Democrats will target his Senate seat as the party hopes to keep control of the upper chamber.

The UTT survey also found that Cruz is not as well-liked in Texas as his presumptuous Democratic challenger.

The University of Texas at Tyler survey was conducted between 1,167 registered voters between February 18-26. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.2 percent.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-texas-senate-polll-allred-1875137

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ted Cruz Stung by New Texas Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:55:54 pm »
Doesn't help him win when some MAGA voters clearly follow Trump's lead when he trashed the guy.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 11:26:59 pm »
Mr. Cruz almost got beat by the dirt-eatin' Beto last time 'round.

I imagine he's gonna have at least as hard a time THIS time 'round. He might be lucky to get re-elected at all.

Texas just ain't as red as it used to be.
In fact, some places are quite purple, and the big cities have pretty much "gone blue".

There's an entire section of the state that I reckon could be cut off and given back to Mexico (from the southwestern end a good ways down the Rio Grande country) -- and the rest of the state would be BETTER OFF without that part.

And then, there's this to consider, as well:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 11:35:48 pm »
Doesn't help him win when some MAGA voters clearly follow Trump's lead when he trashed the guy.

No it doesn't help.  However, the demographics of TX have changed dramatically.  There's just no denying that; that is one of the reasons the DEMS have allowed the great influx of ILLEGALS. All it's going to take is within the next couple of months to grant ILLEGALS asylum with voting rights and they will turn TX blue.  That is what they want and they want to turn the entire country blue. That's just a fact.

I have supported Cruz in the past, bought several of his books and his conservatism and knowledge is something to be admired. I hope of course that he wins, but the stats are no longer in his favor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 11:42:40 pm »
I'll likely be dead by 2035 so who cares...lol.

Well, by the map, 2004 was the tipping point.  Cruz nearly lost to Beto last election-- if you think his seat is safe now in 2024, you are sadly mistaken.  I predicted this scenario awhile ago and was scoffed at.  What was once thought impossible for TX is becoming reality.

If TX turns blue so goes the rest of the country.  With the influx of liberals from various different states moving into FL, I think FL is also in danger of turning blue very soon.  Rubio/Scott aren't exactly popular.  DeSantis right now is our saving grace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 12:30:46 am »
Well, by the map, 2004 was the tipping point.  Cruz nearly lost to Beto last election-- if you think his seat is safe now in 2024, you are sadly mistaken.  I predicted this scenario awhile ago and was scoffed at.  What was once thought impossible for TX is becoming reality.

If TX turns blue so goes the rest of the country.  With the influx of liberals from various different states moving into FL, I think FL is also in danger of turning blue very soon.  Rubio/Scott aren't exactly popular.  DeSantis right now is our saving grace.

Would you please stop posting about how Nacho almost beat Cruz. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 12:32:39 am »
Every election cycle there is a story about Texas going blue, and every election cycle it turns out to be bunk.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 01:20:37 am »
It isn’t turning blue in 2024.  Not with the border disaster, and not with the administration’s preoccupation with carbon.  The insane MAGA attacks on Cruz have taken a toll within the trump party, and I can’t imagine the independents were too impressed with his obsequiousness in the face of those attacks.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 01:24:01 am »
Would you please stop posting about how Nacho almost beat Cruz.

88sorry88  Ok ... whatever floats your boat.  We'll see what happens.   *hmmmm*

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiEk1zew0UE
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 01:30:28 am by libertybele »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2024, 01:37:58 am »
Every election cycle there is a story about Texas going blue, and every election cycle it turns out to be bunk.

Yup

The last Democrat Texas voted for President was Carter in 1976
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2024, 02:00:14 am »
I can't see Texas voting against Cruz but considering the insanity going on in our country nothing would surprise me.

You can't deny the fact that the demographics in TX have changed dramatically and not in a good way.

I will jump for joy if Cruz retains his seat and TX stays red.  happy77

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2024, 05:43:32 pm »
Allred is running ads pounding the abortion drum. No other ad I've seen addresses other issues...like the border. So I guess he's using abortion as his winning issue.

Could happen I suppose. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.