Author Topic: ALREADY RIGGED: The Atlantic tells Democrats to NOT certify Trump’s expected 2024 election win  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Didn't they just pass a law that does not essentially allow Congress to refuse to certify the winner of the election?

I believe it only applies to the VP.  I think it still left Congress with the right to hear objections, though it did raise the threshold for objections.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

By the way, I believe both the old version of the Electoral Count and Act and the new one are both unconstitutional.  Nothing in the Constitution gives either the VP or Congress itself the right to reject/challenge/refuse to certify electors.

Just looked it up, and I guess I'm not alone in thinking that:

https://scholarship.law.bu.edu/faculty_scholarship/1085/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:07:23 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
By the way, I believe both the old version of the Electoral Count and Act and the new one are both unconstitutional.  Nothing in the Constitution gives either the VP or Congress itself the right to reject/challenge/refuse to certify electors.

Just looked it up, and I guess I'm not alone in thinking that:

https://scholarship.law.bu.edu/faculty_scholarship/1085/

So why have the congress certify anything?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They are thinking like scumbag commie lawyers.

Congress gathers to count the Electors, but, taking a page oout of Stalin's book ... the counters want to decide which votes to count.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:27:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If Congress fails to certify... what happens? It's thrown to the House? GOP wins anyway if thrown to the House, even if they lose it, due to state delegations.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

As an ignoramus, my thought is that when the Electors vote, that is the election.  Congress gathers to read or announce the results ... and then scumbag lawyers try to find a way to override the will of the people and of the states.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Being the electoral count is State driven, any attempt to overturn it would be considered a coup, and any govt not the net result of the votes of the electors would be illegitimate.

And the best part is that you could cite Jan 6 as clear support that any such attempt would be insurrection and an attempt to overthrow the FedGov and Constitution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

As an ignoramus, my thought is that when the Electors vote, that is the election.  Congress gathers to read or announce the results ... and then scumbag lawyers try to find a way to override the will of the people and of the states.

I think that is basically correct.   I think the only role Congress has in terms of counting is if the ballots appear on their face to violate rules regarding State certification, date, etc. I do not believe Congress has the right to determine whether or not States conducted election procedures correctly, or whether the candidate is otherwise qualified for office.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 10:50:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Being the electoral count is State driven, any attempt to overturn it would be considered a coup, and any govt not the net result of the votes of the electors would be illegitimate.

And the best part is that you could cite Jan 6 as clear support that any such attempt would be insurrection and an attempt to overthrow the FedGov and Constitution.

I agree.  The whole "election objections" thing is part of the Electoral Count Act, not the Constitution.  And ihat is way to subject to partisan attempts to overturn an election.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think that is basically correct.   I think the only role Congress has in terms of counting is if the ballots appear on their face to violate rules regarding State certification, date, etc. I do not believe Congress has the right to determine whether or not States conducted election procedures correctly, or whether the candidate is otherwise qualified for office.

Who does have the right to do that? In 2020 several state legislatures objected to the fact that outside actors overruled rules put in place by them and were universally ignored.

For reference:

Section 1.
The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his office during the term of four years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same term, be elected, as follows:

Each state shall appoint, in such manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors, equal to the whole number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an office of trust or profit under the United States, shall be appointed an elector.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Rigged, indeed.

Fmr SPLC staffer and Secretary of State of Michigan Jocelyn Benson announces she is 'coordinating' with 6 battleground secretaries of state, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Nevada to fight a 'common adversary'

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1765410842034508180
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Who does have the right to do that? In 2020 several state legislatures objected to the fact that outside actors overruled rules put in place by them and were universally ignored.

If there is an argument that something about the election was illegal, then it is a matter for the courts.   First state, then federal.  Otherwise, you are building into the system the right of Congress to overturn any presidential election it doesn't like.  And as the other political branch of.govereny, that's dangerous.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:35:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »