Author Topic: ALREADY RIGGED: The Atlantic tells Democrats to NOT certify Trump’s expected 2024 election win  (Read 1341 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ALREADY RIGGED: The Atlantic tells Democrats to NOT certify Trump’s expected 2024 election win
02/28/2024 // Ethan Huff 

In the event the Supreme Court allows Donald Trump to remain on the ballot for the 2024 election and he actually wins, The Atlantic is urging Democrats to refuse to certify the election with Trump as the winner, effectively blocking him from a second term.
A recent hit piece in The Atlantic by Russell Berman entitled "How Democrats Could Disqualify Trump If the Supreme Court Doesn't" lays out a bold strategy for the left to basically stop the former president from getting reelected, even if We the People choose him over Joe Biden.

Should the Supreme Court not resolve the question of Trump's eligibility, allowing Trump to win, attorney Jason Murray says "it could come back with a vengeance" after the election when Congress reconvenes to count and certify the votes of the Electoral College.

"Murray and other legal scholars say that, absent clear guidance from the Supreme Court, a Trump win could lead to a constitutional crisis in Congress," Berman writes. "Democrats would have to choose between confirming a winner many of them believe is ineligible and defying the will of voters who elected him."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-02-28-atlantic-tells-democrats-dont-certify-trump-win.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I can't imagine a worse scenario than this in igniting a Civil War.  Would Democrats expect Trump's millions of voters to take that lying down?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Election denialism?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I can't imagine a worse scenario than this in igniting a Civil War.  Would Democrats expect Trump's millions of voters to take that lying down?

Yeah, that's pretty much time to put on your boots and pick up your rifle, even if you don't like Trump.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, that's pretty much time to put on your boots and pick up your rifle, even if you don't like Trump.

Yeah, these jerks seem to be completely oblivious to the damage that they are doing to this country's institutions and election systems with their cute backroom/outside the box schemes to hold on to power at all costs.  If Trump wins fairly and squarely (big IF, on different levels), then so be it.  But stop with the litigation and trying to overturn elections.  It's a sure recipe for domestic unrest to come.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Yeah, these jerks seem to be completely oblivious to the damage that they are doing to this country's institutions and election systems with their cute backroom/outside the box schemes to hold on to power at all costs.  If Trump wins fairly and squarely (big IF, on different levels), then so be it.  But stop with the litigation and trying to overturn elections.  It's a sure recipe for domestic unrest to come.

yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

The DEMS already overturned one election, what or who is going to stop them from overturning another? 

Domestic unrest took hold after the Floyd death and the effects have never ended.  Should either Trump or Biden get re-elected I see civil unrest, more so if Trump wins.  Trump supporters and conservatives get punished while liberals remain unpunished.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

1.) Trump has not been convicted at impeachment.
2.) Trump has not been convicted of insurrection.

If we are truly a "nation of laws", Trump's name remains on the ballot.  It's not Trump's fault that Congress and the DOJ lacked the courage to do the next right thing, when the moment called for it.

If all state and Federal elector certification laws have been faithfully executed, being a sore loser is not reason enough to nullify the votes of People and of the States
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

My exact thoughts.  Incredible gall bradcasting in advance basically what they were falsely accusing Trump of.

If This happens....  Watch for a million ptichforks and torches.   1789 comes to America.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

They are not oblivious...their *battle cry* is by any means possible!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

What the whacky left doesn't realize is that many of us on the Right doesn't care for DJT.

Threatening shit like this just galvanizes his support.  Including many who wouldn't or might not go to the polls.  Massive backfire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

They already tested the waters on J6.  SCOTUS turned their backs, DEMS punished the GOP insurrectionists.  Some still waiting trial.

So.. millions of Trump voters did take it lying down. The left made an example of what would happen to Trump and his supporters; Trump facing 91+ felonies, his supporters jailed, some still waiting trial and recently a judge decided more would likely stand trial.  So in essence, they'll do it again and again and again, because people are now afraid of their own gov't and rightfully so and the leftists are clearly in control and above the law.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

What the whacky left doesn't realize is that many of us on the Right doesn't care for DJT.

Threatening shit like this just galvanizes his support.  Including many who wouldn't or might not go to the polls.  Massive backfire.

Sure, a lot of us don't care for DJT, but it looks (at least for now) that he will become the GOP nominee. That's what the DEMS want to avoid.  I believe they have Haley waiting in the wings should they be able to stop Trump; so civil unrest may still be in the distance.

What will cause civil unrest and not just by the GOP are continued rising prices, food insecurity, but benefits and food for the ILLEGALS.  That will drive both sides to revolt. Just my opinion.

Offline Hoodat

Democrats doing the very thing they falsely accused Republicans of doing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm not sure I see a real difference Constitutionally between Pence unilaterally refusing not to let the election be certified without any court decision justifying that action, and Congress making that decision on its own without having any court decision to justify its decision.

Seems to me that if one is wrong, both are.  If anything, you could argue that the law very clearly does permit Congress as a whole not to certify the results, whereas the law for Pence to do so is far less clear.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Didn't they just pass a law that does not essentially allow Congress to refuse to certify the winner of the election?
The Republic is lost.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
It makes no difference, y'all. Dems will win in November and Republicans will never be able to dig out of the hole they are methodically putting us in.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline libertybele

It makes no difference, y'all. Dems will win in November and Republicans will never be able to dig out of the hole they are methodically putting us in.

....the GOP doesn't have enough of the majority to stop the leftists' stranglehold and when they did; they did nothing.

Offline Hoodat

....the GOP doesn't have enough of the majority to stop the leftists' stranglehold and when they did; they did nothing.

Each and every time the debt ceiling is reached, the GOP has the power to do anything they want.  They're just too chickenshit to do it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 09:54:58 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Each and every time the debt ceiling is reached, the GOP has the power to do anything they want.  They're just too chickenshit to do it.

Exactly!!  ... and too many RINO's in the herd.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

I know, and I've joined the chorus. I'm whining and griping. Can't think of anything else I can do, so I'm throwing in the towel.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
OK...
Let's do some thinking here. I'm dumb, so I need you folks to help me.

The Electoral College meets around December 10 or so of this year, right?

So... let's suppose the Senate (which is controlled by DCommunists) refuses to validate the election (a distinct possibility, as crazy at it seems)...

Then... what is the next step as specified in the Constitution?

Isn't the presidential election then handed to the House, in which each state delegation gets to cast one vote?

The Pubbies will control the House until January 3, 2025, right?
(unless something changes before then)

It will be up to the House Republicans, I reckon.
Will they hold together?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
OK...
Let's do some thinking here. I'm dumb, so I need you folks to help me.

The Electoral College meets around December 10 or so of this year, right?

So... let's suppose the Senate (which is controlled by DCommunists) refuses to validate the election (a distinct possibility, as crazy at it seems)...

Then... what is the next step as specified in the Constitution?

Isn't the presidential election then handed to the House, in which each state delegation gets to cast one vote?

The Pubbies will control the House until January 3, 2025, right?
(unless something changes before then)

It will be up to the House Republicans, I reckon.
Will they hold together?

I think that's correct @Fishrrman but IIRC the deadline for certification falls after a new congress is seated.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

No... This is precisely what they do. With every intention. Either they will infect an institution and use it for their purpose, or that institution will be destroyed. They are OK with either outcome.

It's how they roll.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My exact thoughts.  Incredible gall bradcasting in advance basically what they were falsely accusing Trump of.

If This happens....  Watch for a million ptichforks and torches.   1789 comes to America.
Yeah, only Americans have F150s to haul guillotines in...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis