Author Topic: IPCC’s New “Hockey Stick” Temperature Graph  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IPCC’s New “Hockey Stick” Temperature Graph
« on: March 03, 2024, 10:56:28 am »
IPCC’s New “Hockey Stick” Temperature Graph
Posted on March 1, 2024 by haakonsk 

The United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) published their latest assessment report (AR6) in 2021. In 2023, the Clintel Foundation published a report which criticizes AR6.

Clintel is short for Climate Intelligence, and the Clintel Foundation doesn’t think there’s a climate emergency. Overall, Clintel’s main criticism is that the IPCC hasn’t reviewed the scientific literature in an objective way, as is their stated mission.1)

This article focuses on the topic of chapter 2 of the Clintel report: The Resurrection of the Hockey Stick.

What is a “hockey stick” temperature graph?

The image below shows a “hockey stick” temperature graph for the past 1000 years. This particular version is from the Summary for Policymakers of the IPCC’s third assessment report from 2001, and it applies only to the Northern Hemisphere.

https://judithcurry.com/2024/03/01/ipccs-new-hockey-stick-temperature-graph/#more-31063
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson