Author Topic: Nikki Haley: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Trump Would Follow the Constitution in a Second Term  (Read 623 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nikki Haley: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Trump Would Follow the Constitution in a Second Term

Pam Key 1 Mar 2024

In a preview of her interview that will air Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Republican presidential candidate former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) said she didn’t know if former President Donald Trump would follow the Constitution in a second term.

Anchor Kristen Welker asked, “Do you think Donald Trump would follow the Constitution if he were elected to a second term?”

Haley said, “I don’t know. I mean, you always want to think someone will, but I don’t know.”

She added, “When you go and you talk about revenge. When you go and you talk about, you know, vindication. What does that mean? Like, I don’t know what that means and only he can answer for that. What I can answer fr is I don’t thing there should be a president who is above the law I don’t think there should be a president that has total immunity to do whatever they want to do.”

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/01/nikki-haley-i-dont-know-if-trump-would-follow-the-constitution-in-a-second-term/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who's following it now?  Just askin.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
This woman continues to burn bridges that she could need in future political aspirations.  **nononono*

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I hope Nikki understands the concept of "scorched earth", and what the consequences are if things go south.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Nikki Haley: ‘I Don’t Know’ if Trump Would Follow the Constitution in a Second Term

I believe the fact that Trump followed the Constitution during his first term should be a great indicator for Haley.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nikki, Trump will not follow the Constitution during his second term  "Not knowing" that shows your either dumb or a duplicitous weathervane Republican.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

When will Nikki say something about Biden completely ignoring (or violating) the Constitution every day since Jan. 20, 2021?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I believe Trump was urging Pence to violate the Constitution.

Offline Hoodat

I believe Trump was urging Pence to violate the Constitution.

Not sure what part of the Constitution you are referring to, but the act itself is not a violation of the Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Not sure what part of the Constitution you are referring to, but the act itself is not a violation of the Constitution.

I don't believe there was any constitutional authority for Pence to unilaterally delay the certification of electors so that states supposedly could complete investigations. That was made up Trump bullshit.  And for Trump to pressure Pence publicly to do that was reprehensible.

That's not even mentioning things like his threats to try for treason media outlets because they were too critical of him.  Batshit unconstitutional insanity
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 09:39:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

I don't believe there was any constitutional authority for Pence to unilaterally delay the certification of electors so that states supposedly could complete investigations. That was made up Trump bullshit.  And for Trump to pressure Pence publicly to do that was reprehensible.

That's not even mentioning things like his threats to try for treason media outlets because they were too critical of him.  Batshit unconstitutional insanity

IIRC The 'insurrection' or interruption occurred while Cruz and Hawley were about to ask or had asked for a vote count on certifying the election and if there were any objections -- the interruption occurred and Pence never went back to asking if there were objections and the vote count; he just certified the election.  Would if have made a difference?  Who knows, though doubtful.

Obviously Pence was the presiding officer -- was it his duty to ask if there were objections?  Yes. Is it his duty to overturn an election?  No.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/republicans-against-certification.html

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 09:53:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

That's beautiful and all.  But pressuring Pence or threatening media outlets is not unconstitutional.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Who's following it now?  Just askin.
Right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

When will Nikki say something about Biden completely ignoring (or violating) the Constitution every day since Jan. 20, 2021?

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

IIRC The 'insurrection' or interruption occurred while Cruz and Hawley were about to ask or had asked for a vote count on certifying the election and if there were any objections -- the interruption occurred and Pence never went back to asking if there were objections and the vote count; he just certified the election. 

Ugh.  I give up.  We've had this exact conversation multiple times in the past. I've provided the evidence that you have never actually disputed, and then a few months later, you repeat the exact same lie as if the prior conversations never occurred. The truth is that the objections were heard that same evening despite some reports in the early afternoon that they might not be.  The votes are recorded, and you can literally watch the C-Span coverage of the debates and votes.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,508223.msg2881254.html#msg2881254

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,510796.msg2895085.html#msg2895085

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,505575.msg2868580.html#msg2868580

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,516184.msg2929226.html#msg2929226

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,523244.msg2970755.html#msg2970755

Online Maj. Bill Martin

That's beautiful and all.  But pressuring Pence or threatening media outlets is not unconstitutional.

No.  But the former was an illegal order to someone else to take an unconstitutional action on his behalf, and the latter is his own promise to take an unconstitutional action if election.

So the concern that "I don't know" if Trump would follow the Constitution in a second term seems pretty well-founded to me.