Author Topic: Energy Department finalizes efficiency standards for washers and dryers  (Read 1247 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Energy Department finalizes efficiency standards for washers and dryers
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 01:21:14 am »
(No low flow showerheads here!)

I have one... works fine since I drilled it out. It's the low-flow toilet I can't get around. Might as well poop out the window. It'd be less trouble.  :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2024, 01:24:05 am »
I have one... works fine since I drilled it out. It's the low-flow toilet I can't get around. Might as well poop out the window. It'd be less trouble.  :laugh:
Yeah, my showerheads were acquainted with the 3/8 drill bit, too.

Now, that window thing would get counterproductively chilly, especially if the wind was wrong...
Not to mention the flies when the weather was nice.
So, flush twice, it's a long way to DC!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 01:28:32 am »
Yeah, my showerheads were acquainted with the 3/8 drill bit, too.

Now, that window thing would get counterproductively chilly, especially if the wind was wrong...
Not to mention the flies when the weather was nice.
So, flush twice, it's a long way to DC!

I'm alright with composting toilets. Had a composting outhouse for a while... Had a bin you could get at with the forks on the tractor. That's how you do it. One big flush onto the compost heap Bury it up and you're good for another 3 or 4 months. No plumbing at all.

And you never have to move the outhouse, which is another whole thing... or hole thing...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2024, 01:29:22 am »
Just one more leftist regulation for Mr. Trump to repeal if he wins in November...

@Fishrrman

Serious question.

If anyone still making items like washing machines in the US now,or are we buying Chinese crap with America labels?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2024, 01:31:04 am »
I mean, I had occasion to use  plunger now and then with the ol 5 gallon flush toilets. You can prolly imagine the troubles now...  :whistle:

Online libertybele

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2024, 01:37:04 am »
I mean, I had occasion to use  plunger now and then with the ol 5 gallon flush toilets. You can prolly imagine the troubles now...  :whistle:

Well, for a short time when I first moved to AK, we had no toilet, so it was either use the outdoors or if it was too cold, use a bucket in the side room (filled it part way with snow or ice).  No plunger needed.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 01:38:34 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2024, 04:25:43 am »
Well, for a short time when I first moved to AK, we had no toilet, so it was either use the outdoors or if it was too cold, use a bucket in the side room (filled it part way with snow or ice).  No plunger needed.  :laugh:

Out house ain't so bad... We had styrofoam to sit on in the winter... You ain't gonna sit on the pot and read the paper or nothing, but not so bad...

Didn't ever use a thunder bucket much (though I have)... The womenfolk generally insisted on composting... you bed your work in pine chips as you go... Doesn't stink at all. And as far as hauling it off is concerned, it's a whole bunch more pleasant than dumping a thunder bucket.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2024, 04:31:34 am »
I didn't look up thread, but has anyone considered that our government just might have better things to do than tinker with the settings on our laundry machines?

At least stand shoulder to shoulder in the gaps at the border while they are making this stuff up.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2024, 03:27:07 pm »
I didn't look up thread, but has anyone considered that our government just might have better things to do than tinker with the settings on our laundry machines?

At least stand shoulder to shoulder in the gaps at the border while they are making this stuff up.

Are you implying that it’s not their job to micromanage every minuscule thing in our lives?  :pondering:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2024, 12:43:51 am »
Are you implying that it’s not their job to micromanage every minuscule thing in our lives?  :pondering:
In a word, yes.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2024, 01:45:08 am »
Makes perfect sense.  Spend $2,000 on new appliances so that you can save $10/mo. on your electric bill.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2024, 01:51:36 am »
Makes perfect sense.  Spend $2,000 on new appliances so that you can save $10/mo. on your electric bill.

I'm not even so sure about that. Our washer is supposed to be energy efficient, but the wash cycles are at least an hour so I think in the long run electric bills will go up.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2024, 02:02:37 am »
I'm not even so sure about that. Our washer is supposed to be energy efficient, but the wash cycles are at least an hour so I think in the long run electric bills will go up.
All I know is the old top loader we replaced our 'energy efficient, water saving' washer with gets the clothes clean in one pass, and cleans more per load. Not only that, it hasn't sucked away any socks or ground up even one t-shirt.

C S Lewis