Author Topic: BREAKING>>— Mitch McConnell to step down as Senate Republican leader in November  (Read 2459 times)

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING: Ukraine To Lose Top Republican Senate Seat
World · Feb 28, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
KYIV — President Zelenskyy was devastated today to learn that come November, Senator Mitch McConnell's retirement will deprive Ukraine of owning the top Republican seat in the United States Senate.

"It's a huge blow," said Zelenskyy. "No one has worked harder for the Ukrainian people than Mitch McConnell. Speaking on behalf of myself, Ukrainian soldiers, and the billionaire Ukrainian oligarchy, McConnell will be dearly missed."

After a lengthy career holding Republican party leadership, McConnell announced today that he would step down from that role in November, although he would finish out his Senate term. "The time has come....................... ...........................................................that I must acknowledge that I can no longer perform the functions of a Senator," said McConnell, over the course of about four hours. "So, I will continue being a Senator for only........................................... ............................................................................three more years." ...
Babylon Bee
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
I know I may ask for a lot out of our Republican leaders but I will personally not be looking past Mitch McConnell's career of handing Democrats policy victories, his recent escapade of breaking apart the Senate GOP Conference and legislating open borders to send his precious billions to Ukraine, just because he did his job on the Supreme Court eight years ago.
3:32 PM · Feb 28, 2024

Greg Price
@greg_price11
It's the most DC Republican thing ever when they demand endless praise for a politician because of one good thing he did nearly a decade ago even though he has by any metric spent the last three years being Joe Biden's best ally in Congress.
3:42 PM · Feb 28, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Greg Price
@greg_price11
I know I may ask for a lot out of our Republican leaders but I will personally not be looking past Mitch McConnell's career of handing Democrats policy victories, his recent escapade of breaking apart the Senate GOP Conference and legislating open borders to send his precious billions to Ukraine, just because he did his job on the Supreme Court eight years ago.
3:32 PM · Feb 28, 2024

Greg Price
@greg_price11
It's the most DC Republican thing ever when they demand endless praise for a politician because of one good thing he did nearly a decade ago even though he has by any metric spent the last three years being Joe Biden's best ally in Congress.
3:42 PM · Feb 28, 2024

Not to mention his torpedoing of countless potential CONSERVATIVE senators! I will never forgive him for that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Not to mention his torpedoing of countless potential CONSERVATIVE senators! I will never forgive him for that.

And for that he will forever be remembered in infamy. MurderTurdle.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Why won’t McConnell resign his leadership position now?

Because he wants to use his power to sabotage Trump, keep the border open, and funnel money to Ukraine for the next 8 months.

Why is McConnell planning to resign in November and not when the new Congress is sworn in?

He doesn’t want newly elected senators having any say in who his replacement is.

McConnell is corrupt to his core. He needs to resign now.
As if they didn't learn the lesson of what happened in the House.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Square profile picture
The Gateway Pundit
@gatewaypundit
·
7h
BREAKING: Texas RINO John Cornyn Declares His Candidacy to Succeed Mitch McConnell as GOP Senate Leader via @gatewaypundit https://thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/breaki
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hopefully someone else is going to challenge him.   :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

John Thune officially announces Senate leadership bid

Thune, for his part, ranks among the so-called "Three Johns" that have served as McConnell's de facto aides-de-camp in recent years.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/john-thune-officially-announces-senate-leadership-bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He threw away the majority in the Senate in 2022.  He worked hard to stop all MAGA candidates.  And, he still boasts about killing the TEA Party. along with other conservative candidates.

Eff Him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 11:20:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He threw away the majority in the Senate in 2022.  He worked hard to stop all MAGA candidates.  And, he still boasts about killing the TEA Party. along with other conservative candidates.

Eff Him.

:yowsa: pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

Eff Him.

That sums it up for me.

Offline roamer_1

Eff Him.

With a shovel.
And a tuba.
And a backhoe.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

He is WAY past his expiration date.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

He is WAY past his expiration date.

The good thing is he is self-freezing.   wink777

@Polly Ticks  @Smokin Joe
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:51:18 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Thaws too fast, though.

Maybe he has boodled away enough cumshaw and baksheesh to keep him in a nice assisted care facility for the rest of his life. I hope they spit in his peas.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz
·
2m
We’ve now 86’d:

McCarthy
McDaniel
McConnell

Better days are ahead for the Republican Party.
Not until Trump is gone.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Let me know when he starts self composting and actually does something good for the world.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hopefully someone else is going to challenge him.   :0001:

The thing is that these guys aren't appointed - they're elected. By the very Senators we elect, and every time they vote for another worthless crapbag.

Not only does it get old, but if you want to know why I have no hope for DC politics, that is why. We are our own worst enemy.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The thing is that these guys aren't appointed - they're elected. By the very Senators we elect, and every time they vote for another worthless crapbag.

Not only does it get old, but if you want to know why I have no hope for DC politics, that is why. We are our own worst enemy.

It doesn't matter what limits the Constitution puts on government officials' power, if they can exceed those limits without any adverse consequences.

In other words, the Constitution cannot protect you, if you don't protect the Constitution with your votes against anyone who violates it.

Thomas Sowell

- J. R. R. Tolkien