Author Topic: Green Billionaires Press Hollywood To Promote Climate Armageddon In Movies  (Read 384 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY CHRIS MORRISON ON FEB 27, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Green Billionaires Press Hollywood To Promote Climate Armageddon In Movies

sea rise disasterGreen billionaires are pouring money into discreet campaigns to persuade Hollywood writers to catastrophize the climate in future film and television scripts.

One of their main vehicles is Good Energy, which tells writers that showing anger, depression, grief, or other emotions in relation to the climate crisis, “can only make characters more relatable”. [emphasis, links added]

Los Angeles-based Good Energy is funded by numerous billionaire foundations including Bloomberg Philanthropies, the Sierra Club, and the Climate Emergency Fund; the latter operation is part-funded by Aileen Getty who is one of the paymasters of the Just Stop Oil pests.

Good Energy aims to weave climate alarm into all types of filmmaking, “especially” if it is not about climate.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/green-billionaires-press-hollywood-to-promote-climate-armageddon-in-movies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Just Stop Oil have broken the glass protecting the Magna Carta. "Reverend" Dr Sue Parfitt, 82, and Judy Bruce, 85, are demanding an emergency plan to stop new oil and gas licenses by 2030.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1788890364427829368
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Haven’t they been doing that voluntarily for 30 years?

One of the many reasons why I generally don’t like modern movies, or even most in my whole lifetime.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.