Author Topic: State of the Polar Bear 2023: W. Hudson Bay polar bear numbers have not declined since 2004  (Read 384 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
State of the Polar Bear 2023: W. Hudson Bay polar bear numbers have not declined since 2004

Posted on February 27, 2024 | Comments Offon State of the Polar Bear 2023: W. Hudson Bay polar bear numbers have not declined since 2004

In my State of the Polar Bear 2023 report for the Global Warming Policy Foundation, I discuss recent news relevant to polar bear conservation and science issues. The most startling of these is the revelation that Western Hudson Bay polar bear numbers have not declined since 2004.

Press release (27 February 2024), Global Warming Policy Foundation

50 years after hunting ban polar bears are thriving, new report shows

London, 27 February: 2023 marked 50 years of international cooperation to protect polar bears across the Arctic. Those efforts have been a conservation success story: from a population estimated at about 12,000 bears in the late 1960s, numbers have almost tripled, to just over 32,000 in 2023.

Despite this dramatic increase in polar bear populations, claims that their numbers are falling due to climate change still dominate most media coverage.

Since 2004 we have been told that polar bear numbers in Western Hudson Bay have been steadily declining, but a new study made public in 2023 reveals that this isn’t actually true. In the State of the Polar Bear Report 2023, published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) on International Polar Bear Day, zoologist Dr. Susan Crockford provides the details on this explosive news.

https://polarbearscience.com/2024/02/27/state-of-the-polar-bear-2023-w-hudson-bay-polar-bear-numbers-have-not-declined-since-2004/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

John Lee Pettimore
@JohnLeePettim13
In 2007 Al Gore told us the rising waters would drown all the polar bears. In Churchill Manitoba 🇨🇦 they are so plentiful the town actually has a “polar bear jail” which holds wayward bears that wander into town until they can be released back into the wild. #ClimateScam
5:52 AM · Mar 7, 2024

Pesky facts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gee whiz, Wally!

Didn't they know Hudson's Bay is mostly surrounded by land?

All the bears had to do to keep from drowning was swim to shore.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis