Author Topic: Majority of Americans want to build a border wall: poll  (Read 358 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Majority of Americans want to build a border wall: poll
« on: February 27, 2024, 02:17:26 pm »
Majority of Americans want to build a border wall: poll
Sixty-one percent of respondents, moreover, supported keeping asylum applicants in Mexico while their claims are processed.

By Ben Whedon
Published: February 26, 2024 3:58pm

Amid an unprecedented surge in illegal border crossings under President Joe Biden, a majority of Americans want to build a wall on the southern border to impede illegal entry.

Fifty-three percent of respondents in a recent Monmouth University survey support building a border wall along the Mexican frontier while 46% oppose such a move. The result marks the first time a majority of Americans have supported building the wall since Monmouth began asking the question in 2015.

Sixty-one percent of respondents, moreover, supported keeping asylum applicants in Mexico while their claims are processed. Respondents were also skeptical of the recent Senate border deal that paired foreign aid with border security reforms. Forty-seven percent said the deal was not sufficiently tough on illegal immigration, compared to 28% who said it was sufficient, and 12% who said it was too strict.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/majority-americans-want-build-border-wall-poll
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 02:18:46 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Majority of Americans want to build a border wall: poll
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 02:20:56 pm »
  and 12% who said it was too strict.

Why don't these people invite the illegals into their homes to make it better? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 10:29:52 pm »
This is a profound shift in attitude, and one that explains Joe Biden's persistent weakness in polling. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 10:35:24 pm »
Why don't these people invite the illegals into their homes to make it better? :whistle:

At the rate things are going, that may become mandatory.  God help us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 10:35:34 pm »
Too late, too late...

A lot of good that's gonna do now...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 10:50:07 pm »
Too late, too late...

A lot of good that's gonna do now...

Ah .... mass deportation will do no good without a wall.

I am still holding on to some hope.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.