Author Topic: Sans Evidence, Outlet Claims Climate Change Will Leave 200M Africans Hungry By 2050  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS AND H. STERLING BURNETT ON FEB 26, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Sans Evidence, Outlet Claims Climate Change Will Leave 200M Africans Hungry By 2050

An article published in BNN Breaking News by author Aqsa Younas Rana, titled “Climate Change to Plunge 200 Million Africans into Severe Hunger by 2050” asserts that climate change will result in widespread hunger, starvation, and agricultural revenue decline in Africa by 2050.

The claims are unsubstantiated and contrary to real-world data and trends on food production and revenue. [emphasis, links added]

The article opens by describing a dystopian future in Africa:

Imagine waking up one day to find that the very ground under your feet, once fertile and life-giving, has turned barren. The streams that meandered through your village, brimming with life, now barely whisper. The crops that danced in the wind, promising a bountiful harvest, stand withered. This isn’t a scene from a dystopian novel; it’s a looming reality for millions in Africa, as recent studies project a grim future where 200 million Africans could face severe hunger by 2050 due to the impacts of climate change.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/sans-evidence-outlet-claims-climate-change-will-leave-200m-africans-hungry-by-2050/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson