Author Topic: Trump, Biden to make dueling trips to southern border  (Read 581 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Biden to make dueling trips to southern border
« on: February 26, 2024, 03:47:56 pm »
 Trump, Biden to make dueling trips to southern border
by Brett Samuels - 02/26/24 10:35 AM ET

President Biden and former President Trump will both travel to the southern border on Thursday, underscoring how immigration and border security is set to play a key role in November’s elections.

Biden will visit Brownsville, Texas, as he presses Congress for action to address the flow of migrants into the United States and weighs executive action of his own to deal with the issue.

The president will meet with border patrol agents and local leaders and call on congressional Republicans to take up a bipartisan border security agreement put forward by the Senate, a White House official said.

The trip will coincide with plans for Trump, the likely GOP nominee in November, to make remarks at the border.

The record-setting number of apprehensions at the southern border in recent months has been a political liability for Biden, with Republicans blaming the White House for what it views as an immigration crisis.

Trump has hammered Biden over immigration and the border for months and has pledged to carry out a massive deportation operation if he is reelected.

The White House has stressed repeatedly that Biden sent an immigration proposal to lawmakers on his first day in office, and the president has voiced frustration that Congress has failed to take up a recent bipartisan proposal on border security.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4489270-trump-biden-dueling-trips-southern-border/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump, Biden to make dueling trips to southern border
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 04:34:41 pm »
Bill Melugin
@BillMelugin_
Interesting that President Biden has chosen Brownsville/Rio Grande Valley sector for his visit. It has been slow there for months. Only getting around 200-400 per day across all of RGV sector recently. Yesterday was 314 encounters.
Meanwhile, San Diego & Tucson sectors BUSY in blue states w/ typically 1,000-2,000ish per day. Biden’s last visit to the border was in El Paso *after* a huge surge of illegal crossings where the streets had been cleared of migrant camps and the visit was highly sanitized - Biden did not see or talk to a single migrant, nor did he visit a Border Patrol station. We’ll see if this time Is different.
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 05:18:31 pm »
Biden could do something, but he won't.  He wants to avoid running afoul of Progressives, Globalists, and UnidosUS (National Council of La Raza).

Biden wants Congress to play bad cop, so he can tell the constituencies above, "Don't blame me; blame Republicans".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 07:24:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 06:44:19 pm »
Biden thinks a Mexican border is someone who pays rent.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 07:56:36 pm »
And that a Mexican border crosser is someone we pay rent for.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 07:58:34 pm »
And that a Mexican border crosser is someone we pay rent for.

What a country!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 08:32:41 pm »

Ya, well Brandon is a complete idiot.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.