Author Topic: Republicans propose blocking SOTU speech if president doesn’t submit budget on time  (Read 2103 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I can't help but think that Trump can't let Biden have primtime TV coverage all to himself.

Dollars to doughnuts, Trump will counter-program a speech or event at the same time as Biden's SOTU.

Those watching lamestream liberal media will see Biden's SOTU.

Those watching FoxNews, OAN, NewsMax, etc., will see Trump's SOTU.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Hah!  but in real life, I was only a captain.  The Major reference is a reference to a very particular person - Major William Martin - who actually never existed but was part of the most elaborate and successful intelligence operation of WW2. There is a link in my signature that explains the whole of Operation Mincemeat.  Very cool story.

I like it as a screen name because it is the quintessential fake name.  As an added bit of trivia, Ian Fleming - the creator of James Bond who was in British Intelligence during the war - was instrumental in coming up with the plan.
@Maj. Bill Martin
You made me think of this. Good for a laugh.

Major Major Major Major is a fictional character in Joseph Heller's 1961 novel Catch-22. He was named "Major Major Major" by his father, as a joke – passing up such lesser possibilities as "Drum Major, Minor Major, Sergeant Major, or C Sharp Major". Once he joined the army during World War II, he was quickly promoted to the rank of Major due to "an I.B.M. machine with a sense of humor almost as keen as his father's". His full name and rank are the title of chapter 9. He has an uncanny resemblance to real-life actor Henry Fonda, which scholar Philip D. Beidler calls "one of the novel's great absurd jokes".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.